PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella sightings?

kimbopotamus
04-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Like a few hundred other Mommies, I have a 3 y/o daughter who LOVES Cinderella and might be disappointed if we don't see her. Where might we find her local hang out these days?

apricotwalnut
04-22-2007, 08:22 AM
the best thing to do is go into City Hall and ask. They have a schedule of when and where all the characters will be, so you can know to get a jump on the long line of autographs.

ChipmunkStar
04-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Fantasy Faire. Fantasy Faire. Fantasy Faire.

And an ocassional stint at Ariel's Grotto (Lunch/Dinner in DCA).

kimbopotamus
04-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah, City Hall! That's a great idea, I remember reading that they had a when/where list.

We have the Fantasy Faire on our schedule for the first day, YAY!

I'm not so concerned with a meet & greet because my lil one is really bashful, but I do want to get close enough for a wave or a blown kiss;)

misdisney
04-22-2007, 09:15 AM
When we were there in November the only place to find Cinderella was in the Fantasy Fairy place. I was told they no longer have the princess roaming the park. We also went to Ariel's Grotto and she was not there. She seems to be the hardest princess to find, but we waited in line at the Fantasy place and she was there. They rotate the princess every 30min. so when you get in line you might ask who's there.

ChipmunkStar
04-22-2007, 09:42 AM
It really doens't matter who's there when you get in line. The chances are pretty much huge that the princesses will change by the time you get to the front.

If your daughter is satisfied simply -seeing- Cinderella, and one of the attendants if she will be hosting storytime or if she'll be in any particular coronation. They *should* be able to tell you. (Keep in mind things change until the last second that they happen, no guarantees, blah blah blah...). Oh! And don't forget, she appears in Parade of Dreams, at the finale of Fantasmic! (if it's running when you are there), and in the Electrical Parade (again, if it's running when you're there).

Good Luck :)

Mrs Mouse
04-22-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I know that you used to be able to find Cinderella over in DCA.

She usually appears in the Drawn to Animation show right across from the Muppets. After the show, she'd pose for pictures and sign autographs.

mistofviolets
04-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm not so concerned with a meet & greet because my lil one is really bashful, but I do want to get close enough for a wave or a blown kiss;)

My dd is very, very shy...to the point that if a stranger talks to her she buries her face and refuses to come out until they are gone. :rolleyes:

Disneyland is different! The ONLY thing she wanted to do was find characters and get in line for them. And when we got to the front, forget me, she walked up shyly, if they put their arms out she threw herself into them with a huge grin. If their handlers or a guest talked to her, she still buried her face. But the characters? Even the ones she doesn't care for in movies were like her best friend. :) The only two she didn't hug were Aladdin, who was in a hurry but very polite, and Alice who was throwing a temper tantrum when we saw her.

And to whomever said Cinderella's the hardest princess to find...try finding Jasmine! :P We had to be content to see her from the stage, since we kept missing the Oasis line up.

kimbopotamus
04-22-2007, 11:53 AM
My dd is very, very shy...to the point that if a stranger talks to her she buries her face and refuses to come out until they are gone. :rolleyes:

Disneyland is different! The ONLY thing she wanted to do was find characters and get in line for them. And when we got to the front, forget me, she walked up shyly, if they put their arms out she threw herself into them with a huge grin. If their handlers or a guest talked to her, she still buried her face. But the characters? Even the ones she doesn't care for in movies were like her best friend. :) The only two she didn't hug were Aladdin, who was in a hurry but very polite, and Alice who was throwing a temper tantrum when we saw her.

And to whomever said Cinderella's the hardest princess to find...try finding Jasmine! :P We had to be content to see her from the stage, since we kept missing the Oasis line up.

That's really great that your daughter wasn't shy with the characters! We went last year and my daughter wasn't quite 2 yet. She BAWLED at Goofy's Kitchen when the characters came to our table. Then when they started to leave, she'd wave and blow kisses like CRAZY, as if to say, "thank gosh you're leaving!" She wanted to see Pooh real bad last year, but insisted that she didn't want to get near him. So we sat about 12 feet away with a great view of him interracting with other children and I took some great pics with Pooh in the background, and she was very happy and content.
This year, she's a little more brave, but I think she will insist on just a wave. I think if I get her close to any character, even Cinderella, she will avert her eyes to the ground and fidget, just like when anyone talks to her:rolleyes:

yenko427
04-22-2007, 11:55 AM
There is no guarantee but we did see Cinderella at Goofy's in Feb.

ChipmunkStar
04-22-2007, 01:53 PM

But you knew she was definitely there, and thus isnt exactly hard to find to meet...

mistofviolets
04-22-2007, 07:19 PM
But you knew she was definitely there, and thus isnt exactly hard to find to meet...

Ah...but its so frustrating...when we got there a half hour early and they were still already full. :( Esp when we only had 2 days. So close...yet, so far away...

I think Ariel is pretty difficult to find too; though I didn't seek her out...I heard that she's in mermaid gear?

Gooch
04-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Adding to an earlier response, to "Guarantee" a Cinderella sighting, go to DCA, watch the "Drawn to the Magic" show and after the show, Cinderella signs and takes pictures. When you look at the stage, Cinderella sets up after the show to the left of the stage.

Sprunkn7
04-23-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I know that you used to be able to find Cinderella over in DCA.

She usually appears in the Drawn to Animation show right across from the Muppets. After the show, she'd pose for pictures and sign autographs.

She was there last week during my trip. The show times are listed on the live event schedule, they do a nice show in front of the building, then do pics and signings inside.
While in there I highly recommend going in to speak with Crush. That's a great find and the kids loved it!!

kimbopotamus
04-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Fabulous! If we don't find Cinderella at the Fantasy Faire on Thursday, I will definetely look for her in DCA on Sat or Sun. Great tips, thanks!!

As far as other characters, I went in 2005 and 2006 and Ariel was in her very own permanent 'studio' shell kinda in between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Very easy to find and predictable. We saw Jasmine at the Oasis and got a meet and greet. She was THE most beautiful girl, I couldn't even thank her for taking a picture with my daughter, I was speechless!

bloodnswash
04-23-2007, 07:24 AM
She was there last week during my trip. The show times are listed on the live event schedule, they do a nice show in front of the building, then do pics and signings inside.
While in there I highly recommend going in to speak with Crush. That's a great find and the kids loved it!!

Turtle Talk is awesome!!! I do miss Dory, though (and the whale).

My husband got Cinderella's autograph and picture with her at DCA in the Turtle Talk building. That was nice because at that same time Woody, Mickey Mouse, Aurora, and Jasmine were also there. And usually there are autographs to be had right there on the sidewalks in Hollywood Back Lot from other characters (Frozon, Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Goofy, Pluto, and others).