PDA

View Full Version : Week of Nemo Opening [crowd estimates]

JadaB
04-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

I wasn't sure how to post this, I know I am probably the 100th person to ask, and I know no one can predict the future but..
We had planned our vacation a year ago, not knowing the subs would be opening the week of our trip (6/12-6/18). Questions being:
Do you think the crowds will be big enough that we should plan on the chance of the park getting full our first couple of days? Should we plan to spend a lot of time at DCA? My boyfriend and I were discussing and wanted to ask the experts...
We definitely aren't planning on riding the subs. If there are crowds there we don't mind, we expect them it's June, but I got a little intimidated after reading the posts about the # of people going to the park to try and ride them. I figured we braved the 50th anniv. crowds we should be ok...right?:D;) I figure whatever happens, happens we are at Disneyland either way! But I wanted to get some opinions.
Thanks!

chrisaustx
04-21-2007, 10:58 PM
My prediction is the first few weeks when the subs are open, the park will be at capacity with possible gate and parking garage closings due to crowds. If you do go to the park on the 12th of June, be in line 1 hour to 30 min. before the park opens or try to get early entry tickets. The line for sub attraction itself will be at least 3 hours long during the first few months going into summer. Disney is really going to advertise this ride heavily with television, radio and billboard ads, prepare for the worst, it will be like Christmas time! Oh this brings up another question I need to ask someone I know in Team Disney Anaheim, will they start to cut off the Sub line at 9pm if its a 3 hour wait or will Disneyland keep the ride going until 2 or 3 am if its really busy. This ride line will be something to see, thats for sure.

potzbie
04-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I was thinking of beating the crowd.
That is, I was planning to go to DL on the day before the announced opening day, to take advantage of the soft opening, which surely must occur to work out the bugs in the system.

So, if DL were to say that the official opening is (for example) July 1st, then you will see me at DL's Tomorrowland on June 30th.
:)

JadaB
04-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the advice! :) Unfortunately we had already paid for our trip package by the time the opening date was announced, so we didn't want to move it. We definitely aren't going to attempt to try and ride it, but like chrisaustx mentioned, the line will definitely be something to see! I am going to be taking lots of pics of that. Well I guess we will just be planning on getting to the park very early to try and enjoy most of DL in the mornings and then maybe head over to DCA in the afternoons for the first couple of days..I'm not going to stress I am just happy we will be at Disneyland!

MermaidHair
04-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you might want to check out Ridemax to help plan your trip. Who knows how good their estimates for that week will be but it could be helpful. At a minimum, it wuld be funn planning for your trip by making up itineraries.

If you are not familiar with Ridemax, search this forum. There have been a couple of posts on them recently.

Bytebear
04-22-2007, 09:15 AM
You should do fine. Get Fastpasses at Disneyland in the morning on the must do's. Ride the things that are fun, and head to DCA when things get crowded. Then go back to Disneyland in the evening. On the second day, do what you want. Crowds can be fun, if you don't get frustrated and keep track of time rides and fastpasses.

Malcon10t
04-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I was thinking of beating the crowd.
That is, I was planning to go to DL on the day before the announced opening day, to take advantage of the soft opening, which surely must occur to work out the bugs in the system.

So, if DL were to say that the official opening is (for example) July 1st, then you will see me at DL's Tomorrowland on June 30th.
:)I believe the day before is a Press Event, so you might try the week before. But there is rumor all soft openings will be given out by dreams teams, not to the masses due to the limited capacity of the ride.

oshan70
04-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Here's an interesting article from MiceAge about the Nemo opening and the various issues the ride has faced or will face, especially regarding long lines and less than ideal passenger capacity... http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al022007a.htm Still I am really looking forward to it, but don't think I'll be able to get on it until October! :p

IdahoMike
04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Nemo rides during the soft opening period being given out by the Dream Team is a GREAT idea, in my opinion. Makes it pretty much random and fair (other than most of the dream stuff happens in the morning.) I'd love to see that happen.

JadaB
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your help and advice!

chrisaustx
04-23-2007, 11:19 PM
The television ads began to run tonight in Los Angeles, promising that the Year of a Million Dreams at Disneyland will offer winning guests a preview ride of the subs. Disney is going to advertise this Finding Nemo opening like crazy on TV.

Malcon10t
04-24-2007, 06:04 AM
The television ads began to run tonight in Los Angeles, promising that the Year of a Million Dreams at Disneyland will offer winning guests a preview ride of the subs. Disney is going to advertise this Finding Nemo opening like crazy on TV.This ad has been running in Nor Cal for a month now. I'm surprised it is just starting in So Cal. I thought they were national cocmmercials.

kennythepirate
04-24-2007, 02:46 PM
I believe the day before is a Press Event, so you might try the week before. But there is rumor all soft openings will be given out by dreams teams, not to the masses due to the limited capacity of the ride.

You are correct that there will be a press event the day before. All the Dream Job Winners are supposed to be a part of it.

ktrm
05-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I am going to DL next week and was wondering how overall crowds in the park will be affected by the soft opening of Finding Nemo for APers on Wednesday June 6th and Thursday June 7th? Also because the park is closing early on Thursday for a grad night will the crowds be lighter or about the same on Thursday? I don't know if grad nights keep regular tourists away because they feel they are not getting their money's worth with a full day and night at DL.

Malcon10t
05-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I am going to DL next week and was wondering how overall crowds in the park will be affected by the soft opening of Finding Nemo for APers on Wednesday June 6th and Thursday June 7th? Also because the park is closing early on Thursday for a grad night will the crowds be lighter or about the same on Thursday? I don't know if grad nights keep regular tourists away because they feel they are not getting their money's worth with a full day and night at DL.Since only a limited number of APers will win the preview, I doubt there will be much impact.