PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather like right now?

StitchesGlitch
04-21-2007, 05:21 PM
My mum and sister are off next week to Disneyland (from Australia) and are wondering what the weather is like in Anaheim at the moment... they need help with the packing!!

Thanks!!:)

Bytebear
04-21-2007, 06:10 PM
It's overcast in the mornings, warmer in the day, and cools off considerably in the eveing. Bring long pants, short pants, light tops, and a light to medium jacket or sweatshirt. You want to dress in layers. Also pack a couple pairs of socks in case they get wet on a water ride. Check weather reports daily, and trust them. California weather is sporatic this time of year and it can be sunny and hot one day, and gloomy the next. Wear lighter clothes in the mornng, and change when the sun goes down into long pants and wear a jacket. You can carry a jacket around all day with no problem or you can rent a locker to stow away some heavier clothes or you can change in the hotel (whichever is easier).

disneyfan4ever54
04-21-2007, 06:27 PM
We are going in less than 3 weeks and I did an internet search for the weather in Anaheim. Just do a search on google, etc. Some sites have extended weather forecasts that should include the days that your family will be at the park. :) Bytebear is right about the weather being different every day at this time of year. I saw huge variations in the temperature and weather when I checked.

Bytebear
04-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Also, if you aren't familiar with Fareheit, learn it. We American's don't get this Celcius or Metric thingamabobs.

miss bianca
04-21-2007, 07:48 PM
I like to check out the local news station forecast. They seem to be more accurate then say weather.com, etc

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/front

disneyfan4ever54
04-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Thank you. :) I'll use that one for our upcoming trip.....Only 19 days to go!

Lindy H
04-23-2007, 07:59 AM
What is the weather like this time of year? I will be coming down next Friday, and I thought the weather would be lovely, until I saw people in parkas at the Hollywood Bowl on the Apprentice last night.

Thanks for all of your comments ... reading the forums gets me through the times without a Disney trip!

hlbtimes2
04-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I might be wrong, but isnt the Apprentice a taped show? Could have been filmed months ago! I'm pretty sure it wasnt show live last night.

According to weather.com its in the mid 70's during the day right now.

IdahoMike
04-23-2007, 08:15 AM
The Apprentice finale was filmed live. All other episodes are taped.

simnia
04-23-2007, 08:21 AM
The weather has generally been cool and on some days rainy in the past week. Fireworks were delayed 1/2 hour last night, for example, probably due to low clouds. But right now it's sunny. Typically around 5-6 p.m. there are so many clouds that the sun is mostly not seen after that time of day. It's fine for photos, though.

geoffa
04-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Google forecasts:

Today 20C / 68F some cloud / Tuesday 25C / 77F Sunny / Wednesday 23C / 73F Sunny / Thursday 22C / 72F Sunny

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=weather+anaheim+california&meta=

Lindy H
04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks so much all! I was there last July (hotter than hot!) and October (freezing!) so this sounds like it will be somewhere in the middle.

The Apprentice was live last night, that's why I was concerned about the parkas.

We will come prepared for anything, and hope for it to be nice! I definitely think jackets will be in order ...

Thanks again!

UsBurchs
04-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I have to laugh a bit about the parkas . . .I had noticed that too. My step-mother-in-law has lived in S. CA all her life and the littlest-teeniest bit of cold requires a parka! What could be hot, shorts weather for you might be Winter-in-Fargo weather to LA natives. :) I'd say, bring a jacket for evenings, but bring some shorts too. It might end up being warmer than you think. Have fun!!

shna
04-23-2007, 09:23 AM
To be fair, the back end of a storm was moving through Southern California last night. It was damp & windy & in the 40's. Maybe low 50's at Hollywood Bowl -- but with dampness & wind chill, I'm sure it felt colder.

Yes -- we are a bunch of cold weather wimps... but it was truly unpleasant yesterday.

geoffa
04-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Also, if you aren't familiar with Fareheit, learn it. We American's don't get this Celcius or Metric thingamabobs.

Centigrade - 5, 10 and 21 is winter, spring and summer sun - easy!

It's a BIG world after all and I think you'll find even American scientists use centigrade (celsius). It's been around since 1741.

For those with a more open approach:

http://www.metricconversion.us/

(And it's Farenheit I believe.)

StitchesGlitch
04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all your help!! Jacket, jeans, shorts - I'll pass the message on!!

Sleeping Beauty's mom
04-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I am about 25 minutes from Disneyland and the weather today is absolutely fantastic and is suppose to be nice all week, in the 70 to lower 80's. It is usually cool in the morning and evenings, its nice to have at least a light weight jacket for the nighttime. About Southern CA's and parkas is true, we were at the park last week in long sleeves and pants and everyone else was in shorts. But is was just a little chilly.

mowsluver
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I know I can get on the weather channel and look it up, but there is nothing like a first hand account of the weather! :D
We will be going Sunday-Friday and will have a very pregnant woman with us, as well as an 'old woman with hot flashes'....:D .....so we would like to know how the weather is there!
I came out to 'sunny' California only to have it gray most of the day and cooler than back home, but we are a bit south, between San Diego and Anaheim.
So now that we realize that we picked a 'bad' week--grad nights, crowds for Nemo, etc--please tell me the weather won't knock us out!!!!!

Bytebear
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, "June Gloom" hasn't quite hit us yet, although Saturday it was gloomy all day (overcast and cool). Sunday was bright and sunny. You should still plan for long pants in the evening and a light jacket, but you may not need them. Today is warm, bright and sunny. Evenings are mild. Any day though, the gloom may strike and it will be cool and overcast. This is typical for June, hence the term "June Gloom". On those days, the threat of rain will loom. Check your wearther report daily.

Addendum:

Do not assume it will be cool either. We do have days where it will be very hot, and if you wear long pants all day, you will wish you had worn shorts.

mowsluver
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
yes, i am experiencing 'june gloom' down here in oceanside! it is gray all morning with a sort of brightening up in the afternoon. but i am noticing a big difference in temps from inland/coastal. warm but still not hot....

Another Dimension
06-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Present...
Location: Anaheim, California, Zip Code: 92802, Updated: 2:53 PM PDT on June 04, 2007, Temp: 77 °F, Wind Chill: N/A °F, Dew Point: 56 °F, Humidity: 48%, Pressure: 29.92 in. (Falling), Conditions: Clear, Wind: 6mph from the SW, Visibility: 5.0 miles

Forecast...
Location: Anaheim, California, Zip Code: 92802, Updated: 2:53 PM PDT on June 04, 2007 - Monday: 73 °F and Clear, Tuesday: 69 °F and Clear, Wednesday: 68 °F and Partly Cloudy, Thursday: 68 °F and Partly Cloudy, Friday: 72 °F and Clear

:cool:

VickiC
06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm an LA area native and haven't worn long pants in a couple of months. We are not all wimps. I'm also a chemist who thinks almost as quickly in C or K as I do in F.

Drince88
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm an LA area native and haven't worn long pants in a couple of months. We are not all wimps. I'm also a chemist who thinks almost as quickly in C or K as I do in F.

What about R? :fez: