PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland tix on Ebay?

Pages : [1] 2

kimc0486
04-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Have any of you bought park tickets on ebay? I see there are some sellers who appear to do this as their livelihood, any you have gone through that are reputable? Anywhere else to buy discount dl tickets like you can for wdw?

If I do bid on dl tix on ebay, but dont win, can I buy dl tix on dl.com the night before I go and pick up at will call? Or is there a time period where they must be bought ie: purchase at least 48 hours in advance to pick up?

thanks.

hlbtimes2
04-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Personally, I wouldnt take the risk of buy tickets on ebay. There are too many dishonest people out there, and I would hate to get to DL and find I had to buy new tickets.

I believe you can order for will call on pretty short notice. I would think a day or two would be ok You might want to call and ask.

tod
04-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't. The odds are too good that you are paying for worthless tickets.

There are plenty of other, better ways to economize -- look around this site and you'll find quite a few -- instead of taking a chance on saving $5 on a ticket.

--t

barely
04-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I agree with hlbtimes2 and tod. I have, over time, made over 2000 purchases on eBay, but I would NEVER purchase DL tickets on eBay.

Leofoenget
04-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Have any of you bought park tickets on ebay? I see there are some sellers who appear to do this as their livelihood, any you have gone through that are reputable? Anywhere else to buy discount dl tickets like you can for wdw?

If I do bid on dl tix on ebay, but dont win, can I buy dl tix on dl.com the night before I go and pick up at will call? Or is there a time period where they must be bought ie: purchase at least 48 hours in advance to pick up?

thanks.

I have never done it. My best friend does all the time and has never had an issue. Personally I don't like it. I HAVE READ ON ONE OF THE BOARDS, that someone got to the gate and NOTHING WORKED. Totally ripped off. That being said, my friend when she needs tickets for some reason, ( usually upgrading to an AP and looking for the last day of a 5+ day hopper) ALWAYS gets them on Ebay. I just today, read a listing of some person "renting" days of her parkhopper and asking for a drivers licnese as a deposit of some sort. That bugs me.

I would say this, instead of buying tickets on ebay to go to Disneyland, why dont you try to SELL SOME STUFF ON EBAY TO EARN THE $$ TO BUY THE TICKETS??? That's what I just did and I earned enough to buy my husband and child AP's for next months trip. (older son and I already have them)

just my 2c

Katlovett
04-21-2007, 05:17 PM
If you do buy any DL tickets on ebay, maybe Toontown morning madness if main gate admission seems to risky, be sure to pay with Paypal so you can get your money back if they are bogus. Also, I pay attention to feedback ratings in deciding who to buy from.

Katprint

disneyhound
04-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Personally, I have purchased many items from eBay over the years, and have yet to be burned. But I have to agree with the majority of the posters here, I would not buy DL tickets from eBay! We always purchase our park hoppers from Disney's website. That way when we arrive at DL after a long day of air travel, after we have checked into our hotel, walked to the front gates, we have no concerns that we could be denied entry!

tod
04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I believe you can order for will call on pretty short notice. I would think a day or two would be ok You might want to call and ask.

Order for will call?

You can buy tickets at a ticket booth and then walk right up to the gate and use them.

Going through will call adds another layer of complication. I wouldn't bother.

--t

hlbtimes2
04-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Order for will call?

You can buy tickets at a ticket booth and then walk right up to the gate and use them.

Going through will call adds another layer of complication. I wouldn't bother.

--t

Yes, but they are cheaper to order online then to buy at the park.

mistofviolets
04-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I have heard around here that people like to get them off craigslist...I guess if you are seeing the person IN person they seem more likely to be honest?

But, I've never done it and if you do...well, personally I'd be up for the bargain but prepared to pay full price if it doesn't work out, kwim?

seanutbutter
04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Personally, I wouldnt take the risk of buy tickets on ebay. There are too many dishonest people out there, and I would hate to get to DL and find I had to buy new tickets.

Ditto.

Disney Daddy of 4
04-22-2007, 04:49 PM
While I am sure there are others that will never admitt to this, I have done this. I have purchased tickets from ebay and then upgraded them to PAP's at the park. The transactions went very smooth, but I must admitt that I was on pins and needles until I had the tickets in my hands. Would I do it again...Yes. Is it very very stressful...YES because you are taking a huge chance that your Seller is not going to follow through. I know many frown at this, but we are a family of 2 adults and 6 kids (Yours-Mine-Ours) and trying to buy PAP's for us is hard plus just the daily expenses of DLR in general get expensive.

MrTomMorrow
04-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah... tickets, especially those that have already been used partially (with a few days remaining) aren't supposed to be transferable... and especially if the auction shows the barcode, I think I've heard of them being investigated and cancelled. You wouldn't want to show up at the gate and end up with worthless tickets...

kiwifuz
04-22-2007, 07:54 PM
I would not only be concerned with Disney cancelling them, or the tickets not really being valid, but you have to remember that the tickets do indeed expire. I'd think that after they've been partially used (if they are used), but auctioned, mailed, etc you're getting close to the 2wk expiration time.

I would however say will call is a good idea. You usually save money buying ahead of time online, which is why it's a good idea to bother with will call. Our two most recent trips we parked at DTD for free, went to pick-up our tickets, left to go to our hotel to sleep and be up & to the park early.

dsnydon
04-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey everyone read the back of the ticket the part in RED right at the top.

Not for resale. Nonrefundable.
Nontransferable; must be used by the same person on any and all days.

Leofoenget
04-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I would not only be concerned with Disney cancelling them, or the tickets not really being valid, but you have to remember that the tickets do indeed expire. I'd think that after they've been partially used (if they are used), but auctioned, mailed, etc you're getting close to the 2wk expiration time.

I would however say will call is a good idea. You usually save money buying ahead of time online, which is why it's a good idea to bother with will call. Our two most recent trips we parked at DTD for free, went to pick-up our tickets, left to go to our hotel to sleep and be up & to the park early.

Many times people sell off the remaing days even before they go. My friend bought some tickets in March before the people went and once the person was done mailed them off ASAP. Like I said before, sell stuff on EBAY to earn the $$ for the tickets. On another note, if Disney wanted to end this they could if they tried harder. They manage to do this at WDW.

just my 2c.....

lauramaynot
04-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't like it either. Just seems too risky...and I really think this is why the price of tickets keeps on going up - people sharing hoppers. Yes, DL has the same number of guests but IMO***this may not be a popular view***if they would just get rid of the ap's hoppers and multi day tickets they could bring down the one day ticket prices to something more reasonable...That commercial for Universal Orlando where it says you get a weeks admission for the price of a one day hopper at WDW :eek: what in the world is going on here??? People will pay the high prices for disney parks so that is what they are...

Lani
04-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I would never, EVER purchase Disney park tickets on eBay. When you use your admission media, they do not stamp it or punch a hole, so there is absolutely no way to tell if your ticket has been used.

What recourse would you have if you showed up to the gates and they told you the tickets were not valid? You would have to end up paying for a whole new set of tickets. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Mermaid
04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Okay- at the risk of being flamed, I just did this for my upcoming trip. I bought them like a month ago and the people just emailed me saying the had sent them. I know it is risky. The risk is freaking me out so I doubt I would do it again! I am prepared that I may have to buy new tickets when I get there and fight it out with my credit card company if something goes south. I know that it is "against the rules" so I hope I am not inviting an attack here! I think it is for sure a risk vs. reward thing here- I just hope I don't get burned!

Leofoenget
04-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Okay- at the risk of being flamed, I just did this for my upcoming trip. I bought them like a month ago and the people just emailed me saying the had sent them. I know it is risky. The risk is freaking me out so I doubt I would do it again! I am prepared that I may have to buy new tickets when I get there and fight it out with my credit card company if something goes south. I know that it is "against the rules" so I hope I am not inviting an attack here! I think it is for sure a risk vs. reward thing here- I just hope I don't get burned!

Honestly, my guess is you will probably be just fine. As stated before, my friend does it all the time. I won't that's just me. You can tell by the feedback of the seller if they are honest or not. Chances are if they hve a good feedback score you wont' have any issues

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
04-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I have sold the second half of 2Fer tickets plenty of times and NEVER burned anyone. I've sold remaining days on multi-day theme park tickets plenty of times, and I've given them away too. Generally, I am fairly worried about the buyers, as a good portion of them have less than 5 Feedbacks. So far, no issues at all. (and I NEVER put up a clear picture of the barcode on the auction.) I get lots of comp tickets, so I use some and sell some.

As for the people who buy 7 day hoppers and basically "rent" them day by day to buyers (and most likely sell the last day to somebody to upgrade to a passport), I have no idea why Disney doesn't stop that. Many of them put their phone numbers right into their auctions.

Leofoenget
04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Disney probably does not realize it's happening. If I worked there I would stop it in a min. It really REALLY bugs me. It seems the same person does it ALL THE TIME. There is an auction up right now, asking for copies of your drivers license or a deposit. Short of a neg feedback, if I were to "rent" said tickets and then turn around and upgrade thus not giving them back what could the person actually DO with the copy of the drivers license? She can't very well go to the cops and say "hey this person stole my illigal ticket??"

jan

disneyshoes
04-23-2007, 08:48 PM
What about buying from a travel site (arestravel); do you think that would be safe- anyone tried it? It is only a $5.00 savings per ticket but when there is 7 in your party that adds up. I am just afraid of spending all that money and getting worthless tickets. As for Ebay I thought about it but it seemed way to risky:eek:

Bumbershoot
04-23-2007, 10:17 PM
If you do it be careful. Make sure they have good credit with Ebay. I have been stung on Ebay before and it sucks so much. If they have a good rating they could be safe. I would rather spend the few extra bucks and get them from Disney directly.

Julie Mouse
04-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I have bought lots of things on ebay. I have even bought DL tickets there for friends. I have never had a single problem. Just make sure you buy from someone with at least 10 positive feedbacks, and make sure they aren't all recent, or all from just a couple members.