PDA

View Full Version : KNBC News & Country Bears

HBTiggerFan
06-13-2002, 04:01 PM
KNBC 4 news here in LA did a short segment on Pirates movie that it was one of three movies based on rides at DL. They went on to say that Haunted Mansion and country bears were the other 2. :( Someone needs to break the news to them.

RStar
06-13-2002, 05:29 PM
You mean that Country Bears was a show and not a ride, or that it is gone?

If the latter, then it is still true. It IS based on a DL attraction. Or past attraction any way.:crying:

At first I thought this thread was going to say that a CBJ animitronic was going to anchor the news on KNBC:eek: !

Only 841 more to go................

:D

HBTiggerFan
06-13-2002, 08:28 PM
RStar, break the news that its gone. I am not getting that picky where country bears isn't a ride but an attraction. If I have to wait for it or want to see it then its a ride. ITTBAB, I call that a ride too, and its a movie!

Ace
06-13-2002, 08:54 PM
the media doesn't know much about disneyland... there was an article about how SPACE MOUNTAIN is based on Star Wars.... but it wasn't confused with star tours, because they mentioned that too.

FantasmicFan82
06-14-2002, 02:48 AM
Was I right to hear that they Hired Johnny Depp for those three movies? or just one? or was i going crazy to hear his name?

JeffG
06-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Depp has been at least tentatively signed to star in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie. This was reported in the trades earlier this week.

-Jeff

Allysen1Derland
06-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by RStar

At first I thought this thread was going to say that a CBJ animitronic was going to anchor the news on KNBC:eek: !

Only 841 more to go................

LOL!! Haha! Is it just me, or wouldn't that be way better?!?!? I might just have to switch from ABC & KTLA if I thought I might see Big Al replacing Paul Moyer! Or Bubbles & Beulah on location @ a high speed car chase. Even better, let those 3 talking wall-mounted moose heads (I don't remember their names!) do the news!!:D

RStar
06-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Allysen1Derland

LOL!! Haha! Is it just me, or wouldn't that be way better?!?!? I might just have to switch from ABC & KTLA if I thought I might see Big Al replacing Paul Moyer! Or Bubbles & Beulah on location @ a high speed car chase. Even better, let those 3 talking wall-mounted moose heads (I don't remember their names!) do the news!!:D

That would be like "Chucky Cheese does the news!"

Allysen1Derland
06-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by RStar

That would be like "Chucky Cheese does the news!"

LOL!! Hahaha!!:D