PDA

View Full Version : Name posters in Fantasyland?

CariBelle
04-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Now I know that's probably not the proper name for them but I couldn't think of anything else to call them lol They are the long pieces of paper with a name spelled out in letters made out of characters (or animals, flowers, etc. I have one with my name spelled out in palm tress that I got in Hawaii) Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The stand is near the Matterhorn. My question is- does anyone know how much these cost? I assume they charge by the letter?

bloodnswash
04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about. Unfortunately, I do not know how much it costs.

Bytebear
04-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't know the cost either, but I do know they also sell them in Downtown Disney (possibly at a cheaper amount).

CariBelle
04-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't know the cost either, but I do know they also sell them in Downtown Disney (possibly at a cheaper amount).

Are the ones at DD Disney themed?

Bytebear
04-20-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't recall, but I think they were more flowers and such. As I recall,there is also a booth in New Orleans Square back by the drinking fountains and bathrooms. I looked on the Downtown Disney website, but they only have the perminant stores listed (no carts).

soccerlady16
04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
I forgot how much but YES they do have Disney lettering at both locations

The Real Cinderella
04-20-2007, 11:16 PM
If I remember right, there is a flat rate, and then per letter.

Could be way off though. Wouldn't be the first time.

CariBelle
04-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone!

emilousmom
04-21-2007, 02:58 PM
We paid 70 bucks. We got my daughters name in princesses with glitter, and framed. I think it is flat rate, but as the name gets longer, the price does go up?? Just the art peice was $40 I think, but then they tell you their frames are custom made and you will not find them elsewhere. I don't know if I got suckered, but I know I regretted not buying the frame when I got the silohette(sp?) and did have a hard time finding a good one. So I just got EVERYTHING,lol. But it is so nice and they do everything there. Pirates, princesses, nemo, you name it.

Ang

potterphreak
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
I can't remember how much they were for the actual name!! AAAAH! We bought our last name last May (7 letters and it was like, $25-50?) Can't remember exactly. I am pretty stingy with my money tho and can't see me parting with more than $50, LOL. It came out beautiful tho. I was just there this last week and asked about getting the single DISNEY letter and then they write out the rest of their name in normal writing; they are $12 each. Wanted to do one for everyone in our family but we are trying to make our third and final baby and would hate to have to go back and get one for them, so I will wait.

PanFan
04-22-2007, 01:02 AM
I've asked a couple of times and it seems like they were $6/letter or something like that. Sorry--it's been a couple of months since I asked and it's gone a little fuzzy.

geoffa
04-22-2007, 09:47 AM
I know them as "name scrolls" but Disney may very well call them something else. In most Chinatowns they will do similar but write your name phonetically in Chinese characters.