PDA

View Full Version : Your most satisfying Disneyland meal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

santoanderson
04-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Hey all,
We've all had one of those DL experiences where you realize, "Oh, bleh! Why did I just spend 8 dollars on a churro and a bottle of water?" :eek:

I trolled a couple Disney related websites where the reviewer could rate a restaurant on a 1 star to a 5 star scale. Suprisingly, no restaurant achieved a 5 star rating. Not even the real upscale ones like the Napa Rose. So I just have to ask, have any of you seriously just had the best meal, steak, pizza, hamburger, chicken, etc at Disneyland? I'm talking about the best you've ever had. I know the atmosphere can alter your decision. If you're at Disneyland, naturally you're a bit happier, which can alter your judgement, so try and forget that you're in Disneyland. Which meals at Disneyland are the best meals you've ever had?

bloodnswash
04-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Did they rate Club 33? Probably not since it's not available to everyone. However, the chateaubriand was fantastic!!! And they have the BEST hot chocolate up there!

On the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour they have this chili and corn bread you can get. OMG.......YUM!!! A cast member recommended it to me. Boy, was that cast member so right :)

yellowrosedtxn
04-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Since I am being lazy, I am going to ask you, where did you get the chili and corn bread at?

bloodnswash
04-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Since I am being lazy, I am going to ask you, where did you get the chili and corn bread at?

It is ONLY available on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour (I asked where in the park we could get this great food and they said "only on this tour."). I've been on the tour twice and have gotten it both times. LOL, I was thinking of taking the tour again on our upcoming trip just so we can get it :p The tour also has sandwiches available. On the second go around I didn't even have to think about what I wanted to eat (they have a menu and take your order before the tour starts). I told the cast member and had all but 2 or so people also order the chili. They all told me if they didn't like it it would be my fault. When lunch was over I asked what they all thought of the chili. They said I did good. :) Plus with your meal you get a big piece of cheesecake (not good if you aren't a cheesecake fan like me. But it is BIG) and a soda or water.

yellowrosedtxn
04-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Well I guess I am going to just have to wait until my trip in December to do the tour. I am only going to be at Disneyland for 2 1/2 days for the premier, so I will have to wait. Bummer.

bloodnswash
04-20-2007, 08:08 AM
If you have an AP I believe you will get a discount on your tour tickets (this tour also gets you into the lobby of Club 33). I hope you enjoy the chili and corn bread!!! Oh yeah, and the tour, too!!! I've enjoyed both of my Footsteps tours very much.

yellowrosedtxn
04-20-2007, 08:22 AM
I do have an AP and I will make reservations to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for our Christmas trip. I will see if any of my kids want to go, but if not, I will leave them with my dad and go do it. :-)

THANKS!

june1st1997
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Bengal BBQ. I think everything there is amazing.

I love the burgers at Tomorrowland Terrace, but I do concede that a portion of that could be Disneyland.

santoanderson
04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Bengal BBQ's on my list. I think I might've gone there once, but I don't remember what I got.
Something that I absolutely want to do is go to Napa Rose and order their most expensive dish, and then survive on ramen for the rest of the week. ;)

RockDoc07
04-20-2007, 08:37 AM
I am not sure that just eating there on a regular occasion would really do it justice, but if you are there celebrating anything then for what you pay, the quality of the food is 100% worth it.

Maybe even 110%

I may only be 25 and have not traveled the world yet too much, but I would say that the food in both quality and quanitity is the best meal I have ever eaten, period. If you are of such persuasion, the wine pairing is not to be missed.

Agreed, the ambience definitely helps contribute, but... the food could be served out of a hot truck and would still be some of the best you will have. Now, like I said, maybe not for everyone just walking out of the park getting something before you head back to your hotel, but, if you're celebrating anything at all, I say this is the way to go.

Cool Runnings!
Doc

santoanderson
04-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Well, it's funny, because I am not a drinker. If I could, I'd just order a 30 dollar something, have them bring it up to the room, and eat lobster while watching an episode of the Office. That's the extravagant room service that I've always wanted to try.

To be honest, I can't ever remember leaving a Disney restaurant thinking, "Hmmm, I'm glad I ate that." Reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's hot pocket stand-up skits.

charpaul
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I have very simple tastes.

I am very fond of the Chicken Dinner at Plaza Inn.

I also LOVE the Beef Stew Bread Bowl at French Market.

Both really hit the spot after a good morning and afternoon of playing in the park. They are "the best" in my opinion. This is difficult because everyone has different preferences......

lofosho
04-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Once last summer, I had some incredible Spaghetti and Meatballs at Pizza Port. I've been back to get in since, and it wasn't the same........ I've always eaten well at the buffet type place in NOS, the one closest to the HM. I forget what it it called?

River Belle
04-20-2007, 09:06 AM
I know that "Napolini" at DTD has met with some very mixed reviews--it's small, often crowded, and I've heard that the pizza tends to be just ok. BUT--we once ordered the macaroni & cheese for my little one, and I have to say that it was the best mac & cheese I have ever tasted in my life!!!

Sometimes when we visit I'll splurge and order it for myself with a side salad. REALLY GOOD.:p

The Evil Queen
04-20-2007, 09:10 AM
My most satisfying meal was the fried chicken dinner followed by apple pie at French Market. My last visit (March 2007) found the chicken to be dry! So sad.:|

On the advice of my fellow padders, I tried the Monte Cristo's at New Orleans Cafe. NOW I have a NEW fav! Have a mad craving for one now...

Yummy!

The old man
04-20-2007, 09:14 AM
My most satisfying meal was the fried chicken dinner followed by apple pie at French Market. My last visit (March 2007) found the chicken to be dry! So sad.:|

I had the exact same experience. First ate in 2005, great. Ate in 2006-dry.

Malcon10t
04-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I think any of the food taken out of teh atmosphere would probably still be good, but I don't see any as 5*. For me though, kicking back at Cafe Orleans with a Monte Cristo or at the River Belle Terrace, having ribs while watching the Mark Twain go by is just fantastic. Follow it up with a strawberry funnel cake, YUM! But, my favorite meal at Disneyland would have been the dinner at the Garden Grove party for Magical Memories. It was buffet style, but the food and the drinks were just fantastic. But a large part could have been the atmosphere.

snappy
04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Corn dog and coke. Followed up by a Nestle Toll House cookie. The real kicker was riding Thunder Mountain afterwards and having it all come back up! Better going down than coming up!!!!

Mark Mywords
04-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I used to really love the Portobello mushroom/garlic mashed potatoes/bean relish entree over at the Blue Bayou. The dinner salad was good too, with candied walnuts.

Alas, upon reopening last summer, the BB replaced my beloved entree with a new-fangled "Portobello w/Couscous Maque Choux" plate. It's OK, but nowhere near as good as my old fav...

tinker3
04-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Best meal is the Chicken Fusilli at Pizza port, I also love their Pizza salad.

I also have to say the best chocolate covered carmel dipped pretzel (my favorite chocolate treat) rod is in the Poohs corner candy shop, it is without a doubt the best I have ever had!
Nothing like it out here in AZ. I won't even bother, I just wait for our trips to DLR. :) I know it's not a meal but I just had to throw that in. ;)

CariBelle
04-20-2007, 10:09 AM
The Veggie Gumbo in a bread bowl in NOS is one of my most favorite things to eat! It's warm, savory, and satisfying all rolled into one. I'm not a big soup/stew eater in general, but I love the gumbo there.

Mickeygirlforever
04-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Our definate favorite is the chicken fuscilli at Pizza Port. The curly noodles and yummy sauce. We've tried to recreate it at home with no luck. We probably eat it 3 or 4 times during our trip. On the way out of Tomorrowland, I always grab a mickey premium bar. Yummm, I'm hungry.

DangerMouse
04-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Banana Stuffed French Toast at Storyteller's Cafe. (Drool!)

Don't laugh, but the chicken strips kids' meal at Whitewater Snacks is AWESOME! Some of the best fried chicken strips I've ever had. Having it served with a huge basket of fresh strawberries didn't hurt either. :)

bloodnswash
04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
WhiteWater also has the BEST grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had in my life. It is sooooo good!

santoanderson
04-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Corn dog and coke. Followed up by a Nestle Toll House cookie. The real kicker was riding Thunder Mountain afterwards and having it all come back up! Better going down than coming up!!!!

I bet that instilled you with a certain satisfaction, and the 5 or 6 people sitting in front of you. :eek:

I must be a closet picky eater, or must have no savor memory because I really can't remember what anything tastes like. Been too long I guess. :crying: