PDA

View Full Version : Ridemax for two? Visiting Mon 4/30 - Fri 5/5 Will We Need It?

Pinkhoody
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I love, love, LOVE the idea of Ridemax, but I have a Mac. :(

Does anyone think I'll need it? Just two of us visiting Disneyland on a 5 day pass, Mon-Fri starting 4/30, though we might swap out that Friday for a Saturday visit instead.

I'll jump through hoops to get my Ridemax itineraries if you guys think I'll need it that much, I'm just not sure if I do. I guess I can always get it loaded onto a friend's computer.

We plan to visit all the usual important/major rides in DL and DCA.

How busy is it on WEEKDAYS this time of year?

hlbtimes2
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
While I love ridemax, honestly, I dont think you will need it. Its a pretty quiet time of year and you have 5 days. If you were just going for 2 days on a weekend, and were really crunched to get everything in, I would say YES, find a way to use ridemax.

If you do have a computer you can use, it is fun to play with the program. You can learn a lot from it-even if you dont use the plans. It will give you an idea of what attractions to do at various times of day, when to expect long lines, etc.

ShirleyFilms
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
The past few years we have made trips around that time of the year (late april). We always plan our trips in the pockets of "off season" throughout the year.

We also have always used RideMax. I have to say... the only time Ridemax seems to really be useful is during the PEAK times. Almost EVERYTIME we have gone (about 5 times in the past year - our first Annual Passes), we have made RideMax itineraries, but we almost never use them. Or if we do, we are ahead of schedule by the 2nd hour.

The one time we went in July... the RideMax plans really helped. And even in the off season, they help give you an idea of the times for some of the busier rides (Space, Splash, etc). But. I personally think you can do just as well without it on the less busy days.

It is a strange program tho. Like others, I have run multiple iternaries with it, made simple changes and got really different info. Usually, I make a few of them myself... and the cut/paste together to the most effective/sensical parts. But. Like I said... most of the time... we dont even end up really using them. :)

(sorry Ridemax dood. Still think its a cool product!)

kylephoto760
04-20-2007, 01:43 AM
I feel your pain as this is primarily a Mac house here. Luckily late last year we bought a PC laptop due to my brother being required to use some Windows only programs for school so I'm able to use it on there. I hate having to switch computers though!

Pinkhoody
04-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks, guys! I really wanted to use it, also to be able to tell my friends about it, having used the product, but you're right. It's 5 days during weekdays... so really no excuse to go to all the trouble.

Sounds like a great product though, and it's so awesome that people can go during peak times and have a minimal wait!

DangerMouse
04-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Maybe if enough of us Mac users complain about not being able to use Ridemax, Mark will find a way to program it for those of us with real computers. ;) :p

Andrew
04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Parallels (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=66397)?