PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars convention [driving from DLR to LACC]

disney50
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Hello: My family and I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel on May 23-29. My sons who are big Star Wars fans will be attending the Star Wars Celebration at the L.A. Convention Center. I was wondering if anyone else out there is attending and maybe would like to share driving. We are renting a car and will be traveling back and forth and also going to the parks as well.
My son (twins) are 18 and will also be celebrating their graduation before going off to college. We are from Florida and regularly attend Star Wars Weekends at M.G.M. Studios.Let me know if you want to join us. Carrie

SteveK
04-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Hello: My family and I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel on May 23-29. My sons who are big Star Wars fans will be attending the Star Wars Celebration at the L.A. Convention Center. I was wondering if anyone else out there is attending and maybe would like to share driving. We are renting a car and will be traveling back and forth and also going to the parks as well.
My son (twins) are 18 and will also be celebrating their graduation before going off to college. We are from Florida and regularly attend Star Wars Weekends at M.G.M. Studios.Let me know if you want to join us. Carrie

We're going on Saturday but unfortunately going via the Park is out of the way. Should be a blast though.

JustDucky2000
04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
We are from Florida and regularly attend Star Wars Weekends at M.G.M. Studios.Let me know if you want to join us. Carrie

Ah! Another Floridian in town for CIV and doing Disneyland. :cool:

I was in LA in December and did a "trial run" from Disney up to the convention center. Even on a quiet weekend it took a looooong time. I can't imagine how nasty it'll be during rush hour. My original plan, too, was to stay near Disney and drive up daily. The trial run changed my mind.

Anyway, if you go to SWW at Studios, then you've probably seen my group. I'm part of the 501st Legion. We march in (some of) the SW parades at Studios. The days when you see 50-100 Imperial characters, that's us. :D

I'll be in my Biker Scout armor at CIV.

cstephens
04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Anyway, if you go to SWW at Studios, then you've probably seen my group. I'm part of the 501st Legion. We march in (some of) the SW parades at Studios. The days when you see 50-100 Imperial characters, that's us. :D

I'll be in my Biker Scout armor at CIV.

Were you able to do the Rose Parade this year?

We're staying at one of the local hotels for CIV even though we don't live all that far away. With everything going on, we decided we didn't want to drive, especially for the weekday stuff.

JustDucky2000
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Were you able to do the Rose Parade this year?

Unfortunately, no. Several others from the Florida Garrison went, though. So that was cool. :cool:

To keep this on the topic of Disney...we were seriously hoping DL would do a SWW. (There *was* a rumor that they were.) We wanted to do the DL SWW parade, too. :p