PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite breakfast venue in the Parks?

CarlieB
06-13-2002, 01:50 PM
For me, I really like the Carnation Cafe. I really enjoy sitting outside with a coffee watching people strolling through Main Street - what a great way to start the day:-)

stan4d_steph
06-13-2002, 02:55 PM
I never used to have breakfast in the park before we started having our Sunday brunch meets, which are at the River Belle. It has a nice view of Rivers of America. Haven't done breakfast anywhere else but at Whiitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian. Their breakfast biscuit sandwich was very tasty and inexpensive too. The biscuit was very crumbly though, which made it hard to pick up and eat.

gn2dlnd
06-13-2002, 04:10 PM
The Great American Egg House.
What? They closed it? Dang. I'll just go get some grape juice at Welches instead.

innerSpaceman
06-13-2002, 04:28 PM
River Belle Terrace. Can't be beat.

Not Afraid
06-13-2002, 04:39 PM
I have to go with the River Belle, no so much for the food, but just because I've had such a good times there lately with other MPers. Also, the atmosphere can't be beat. Sitting in the warm sun, watching the world, the Mark Twain and and the ducks go by is a great way to start a day.

heidiwhr
06-13-2002, 05:49 PM
It's not exactly in the parks, but I have to have a breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the DL Hotel every time I'm in the area. There's something about doing the Macarena with Goofy and Donald...

Lost Boy
06-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Ok, I go to Disneyland on Sundays and head straight for River Belle Terrace the first thing. I am usually the first or second in line. I enjoy sitting outside on warm days, but if it is overcast and misty I will sit inside by a window and look out over the river. The food is good and the view is great.

When do the MousePader's get together at River Belle? If it is later in the day, isn't it really crowded then. That's why I head there first thing. I hate standing in a slow moving, long line and that is what happens within a half hour of opening. Early is best.:D

Not Afraid
06-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
When do the MousePader's get together at River Belle?

We usually meet at 10:00, er 10:30, er 10:45. OK so we dribble in anytime between 10:00 and 11:15, when the Belle stops serving breakfast. The lines aren't too bad and the seating is oh so plesant. Join us!

hbquikcomjamesl
06-14-2002, 07:30 AM
I didn't start having breakfast in DL until I started a tradition of spending all day and all evening there on July 4th (that was the same year Fountain Valley imposed a total fireworks ban, and spending all day and all evening in DL was my way of boycotting my own city limits for the day).

That was after the American Egg House became the Town Square Cafe. When it closed, I moved over to Carnation. When that got reconfigured (and I miss not only their breakfasts but their "Snow White" sundaes), I moved over to the River Belle.

I don't suppose there's anyplace in-park that serves oatmeal?

mikala
06-14-2002, 05:01 PM
I think the best place is definately River Belle Terrace. The food is good, and the atmosphere is great. Nothing like an early breakfast sitting in the sun, near the ROA. All the people walking by, and the start of a new day at Disneyland...

Oh, gosh-I need to start planning my next trip right away.
Mikala