PDA

View Full Version : How to get in to Club 33 to renew Wedding Vows...

jory29
04-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi, my husband and I [and our 2 kids] are huge fans of Disneyland. It is just so truly magical. I get shivers when I stand to view the 'partners' statue, or when I hear the recorded speech that Walter Disney gave - "To all who come to this happy place - welcome."

My husband and I were in Disneyland 2 times when we were dating, and after many years, We were there as a family in November, [we live in Northern Alberta, so it's hard and expensive for us to get there. We used some of our long-time saved air miles to do so.] It was such a treat for us!

Anyway, our 15th Wedding Anniversary is this year, in April, so we decided to make another trip to Disney in Nov. of 2007 to celebrate it [using air miles again, LOL], and I am sooooo hoping someone here on the boards can tell me how we might be able to be invited inside to just view Club 33 and to renew our vows just between ourselves, [without a JP or anyone like that], maybe on the balcony or in a quiet area, quickly and quietly [my husband's a private person, and wouldn't like people watching or staring anyway, LOL.] I honestly don't think we could afford a meal there for 4, [or is it not that expensive for a meal?] but I am just interested in viewing and taking a few moments out on the balcony or some other quiet, nice area.

Any ideas, anyone?? Thanks! Any help is much appreciated!! Our anniversary is coming up soon, and I would love to surprise him with something like that, but upon doing web searches for Club 33 I can see how hard it might be to set foot in there. :(

Thanks so much! I was thrilled to find these boards, I was so pleased to find people 'like me' who love Disney so much! :D

Edited to add: I managed to find a book called Disneyland... the Beginning as a gift to my husband for our 15th anniversary. He'll love that book! We saw it when we were in Disneyland, but it was too $$ there, and we walked away from it, with regrets, after. He'll be so surprised.

mi_mous
04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
You may want to book a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. You can get in the door, and stand in the elevator. (If the elevator would work for you.)

That is one way that I can think of that is probably one of the easiest if you just want to set foot into the place, and not dine.

Hope that helps. And, congratulations on the 15 years!

jory29
04-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Mi_Mouse, for your reply!! :)
I looked it up, and see the following info. on it [for those who want to try it out - it looks really good!] The following is cut and pasted off of the Disneyland website... but with our 5-year old, not sure it would be appropriate for her, since they don't suggest small children. Thanks for the tip, though! I think when she is older we'll try that, maybe. :) The private lunch sounds good, but then, for a family of 4, I guess it works out to $236 USD for the tour. I'm also thinking I wanted to see a bit more than just the lobby, but still, wow, wouldn't even that be great? THANKS for your reply!! :)

Take a guided tour through Disneyland® Park to fully understand the vision, challenges, hard work and excitement that went into creating everything we associate with the name, and the man, Walt Disney.

* Lots of fun facts and trivia
* A ride on the Disneyland® Railroad
* A unique visit to the first attraction at Disneyland® Park featuring Audio-Animatronics®, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
* A peek at the Lobby of the exclusive members only Club 33
* A private lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery, originally designed as Roy and Walt Disney's private apartment
* An exclusive, collectible "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" pin

Tour Length: Tours are approximately 3.5 hours

Price Info: $59 for all ages
Additional Information

* Valid Disneyland® Park admission is required.
* This tour is not recommended for small children.
* Tour times and offerings (such as attractions and/or entertainment) are subject to change without notice. Please check with Guided Tour Welcome Center upon arrival.

kares 17
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I was also going to suggest the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. I went on it last September and it was the best part of my trip!!! My favorite part of the tour was the glimpse of Club 33!! Just standing in the Lobby gave me the shivers! It was a bittersweet moment that I didn't want to end. The luncheon on the balcony was delicious and I absolutely enjoyed being able to chat with the Tour guides and pick their brains!! It is definitely worth the price! However, you're right...it's not recommended for young kids (with all the walking).

You should consider maybe making special reservations at Napa Rose for an Anniversary dinner??

Good Luck!!

jory29
04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks, Kares_17! {I'd rather be in Disneyland, too!!}
I appreciate all in-put, as it is very helpful from those who have done this.
You're all very kind. :)

lofosho
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I would call Club 33 and see if they have any ideas. I know disney does wedding packages, but maybe if you called them they could whip up something smaller and low key for you? Click here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/weddings/index?name=HomeWeddingsPage) for more info?

jory29
04-20-2007, 05:47 PM
HI, thanks for your help. :) I was at that website before, but was discouraged that to even renew vows, it becomes some huge, $$$ affair. I basically want to say the vows again to my husband, with my children present, quietly and so it's not noticeable, in a nice spot such as Club 33. I saw a photo of the beautifully painted antique harpsichord in there, and -WOW!!! [Maybe I could compose a song and play it for my husband for our Anniversary?] LOL! I had composed a song for him for our Wedding, and we recorded it in the studio, but I am no singer, we had a friend sing it for us so too bad it would have to be just the music if they let me try that. ;) Seriously, I doubt they let anyone touch the harpsichord. I wouldn't blame them. Every thing about that place is just like from a whole other realm of reality. It is just beyond amazing.

nocaldznygrl
04-23-2007, 05:25 PM
They let Paul McCartney play it.

jcruise86
04-23-2007, 08:31 PM
They let Paul McCartney play it.
Without Ringo?! I guess anyone can get into Club 33 these days.

Malcon10t
04-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I basically want to say the vows again to my husband, with my children present, quietly and so it's not noticeable, in a nice spot
Have you considered just doing it quietly, just you two and the family in the Courtyard of Angels? Thats a beautiful area and rarely has people back there.

jory29
04-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Wow, Paul McCartney got to play it? That's cool!

Malcon10t, I looked up on the net the area you speak of, and found a photo - it's beautiful! Why did we not notice that area last time we were in Disneyland? It's a beautiful area!! I'm going to go there just to see it, for sure. I wonder how many people hang out in that area? Thanks so much for the suggestion. :)

Clotho
04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I love that area. It is a great way to step out of the crush of people back in that area, and just enjoy a patch of sunlight and the flowers they always have hanging there.

Malcon10t
04-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, Paul McCartney got to play it? That's cool!

Malcon10t, I looked up on the net the area you speak of, and found a photo - it's beautiful! Why did we not notice that area last time we were in Disneyland? It's a beautiful area!! I'm going to go there just to see it, for sure. I wonder how many people hang out in that area? Thanks so much for the suggestion. :)We love that area. At Christmas, it is beyond gorgeous. Not too many people hang out there. At Christmas, we've been back there for 30 mins or more with no one else around.