PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person alive who does not like the Electrical Parade?

Pages : [1] 2

Jodi
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I (Like many of you, I'm sure) am a Dinsey fanatic. I love the parks. I have even loved DCA since the AP preview day, when many people were disappointed.

The only Disney thing I can think of that I don't like is the Electric Parade. And to say that I don't like it is an understatement. I loathe it. The music makes my skin crawl. I HAVE to leave DCA before it starts. Really, it is just the music. If they completely changed the music, I might give it a chance. I cheered when it left Disneyland, and wanted to cry when they brought it back to DCA.

I know so many people love it, and see it as a classic, but I just can't deal with the music, and I won't even get started with that electronic voice...(I shudder at the thought)

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Just curious...

santoanderson
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
For me, parades in general aren't worth much. I just like them because they sap people from the rides and make the lines shorter. Every time I've been to a Disney parade, the kids want to sit on the curb because all the other kids are down sitting on curbs. All the other kids are sitting on curbs because their parents want to take photos of the kids sitting on the curbs. So the kids don't want to be there, and the parents don't want to be there. OK, I'm generalizing again. I'm absolutely positive that most of the people attending love the Electrical Parade. But every time I've gone, we sit for five minutes, get tired of the crowd & go back to the hotel.

P.S. Sanjaya's finally gone.

wwithers
04-18-2007, 06:16 PM
No, you are not alone. :|

Bytebear
04-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I am just the opposite. I love the music, and the electronic voice. But I am not a big parade fan, so I tend to avoid them in general. Nothing in the Electrical Parade is a must see, so I will watch it for the music, but not for the show. The one exception is Pete's Dragon. That is a way under used franchise.

WDW heart
04-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I love, love, love, love the electrical parade. I love, love, love the music. Sorry.

UsBurchs
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
LOL - I have the same feeling, almost. I love the actual parade. I think it's kinda pretty. I HATE the music. I liked it for a while, and it brought back so many good memories, but now, it's just irritating. My son (almost age 3) loves to watch our video from last year where I video taped the WHOLE parade (what was I thinking??). Now, he wants me to play the video over and over in anticipation of our next trip, and he won't let me fast-forward through the EL Parade!! AAAAAAAAAAAA! He actually loves the little gurgling sounds that the snails and turtles make when the come up to visit you. That is cute, but listening to the music and Pete, from Pete's Dragon, is extreamly irritating. Pete annoys me . . .I don't know why. It's that lip syncing thing, I think. :P

I LOVE DISNEYLAND! But, I agree, not all things can be perfect there . . . but still - it's a classic. :) Until my son agrees it's irritating, I'm afraid I'm stuck going. =sigh=

AVP
04-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Yes

:eek:

AVP
- (ok, ok, so Alex doesn't like it either...)

Jodi
04-18-2007, 06:37 PM
That is cute, but listening to the music and Pete, from Pete's Dragon, is extreamly irritating. Pete annoys me . . .I don't know why. It's that lip syncing thing, I think. :P

Wow! You sparked a memory...I forgot about Pete. I don't know what it is either, but Pete's Dragons really creeps me out!

You guys probably think Im nutty!:p

CariBelle
04-18-2007, 06:54 PM
It's actually the only parade I like! I saw a few in Disney World that were nice to sit through once, but I could watch the EP every night.

Another Dimension
04-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Am I the only one who feels this way?

Nope.

I've always disliked the MSEP/DEP...
and worst of all DCA lost the wonderful Eureka Parade for that decades-old, aged pile. Ack!

:mad:

ER Nurse
04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I love the parade too because it brings back many great childhood memories. The best thing ever was watching it with my parents and my brother and his family. I never thought a parade could be so darn sentimental.....

Lisa

PS I stlll love the snails after all these years

bloodnswash
04-18-2007, 09:05 PM
I think the parade is soooo cool! And I love the music! If it makes you feel any better, the music bothers my son. I have the CD of it and when I have it on he starts laughing saying, "Nooooo!!! Put Small World on instead!" My husband says, "I don't know why, but for some reason I do like that parade. What can I say?!"

keschy
04-18-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't like it very much either. I don't really see what all the fuss is about. I like the other parades much better.

SUNSHINE4565
04-18-2007, 09:40 PM
The reason you are all so crazy is .........The Electrical Parade is in the wrong park that could make anyone's ears shreek with disturbance............someone had some bright idea to stick a great parade, in the crappy park and more people will come....... hmmmm DCA was better as the cast member parking lot..................

or maybe it is that people who do not like the ELP parade prolly liked that not so smart street wanna be parade thing.............Light Tragedy... oops I mean light magic

you have to listen to the magic behind the music.....its like hearing Walt say...........To all that come to this Happy Place ........WELCOME.....

feeling fiesty

DangerMouse
04-19-2007, 07:13 AM
I always just "enjoyed" the EP. Maybe we'd catch it, maybe we wouldn't. It was the time my ds (4) was sitting on my lap as the music started up and the blue fairy passed by, and tears started streaming down his face. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "It's just too cute, I love it!" Of course tears started streaming down my face too. Ever since then, the DEP has been a family favorite and we plan our trips to DLR around when it is showing.

santoanderson
04-19-2007, 07:16 AM
The only time I watch the electrical parade is on videotape. And that being said, the last time I watched it was 15 years ago. Parades aren't fun for me.

bloodnswash
04-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Disneyland parades and fireworks shows get me all choked up. I can't explain it, I don't have a clue as to why, but they do. Sometimes I feel like such an idiot for feeling that way. But hey, lol, I get over it :)

"you have to listen to the magic behind the music.....its like hearing Walt say...........To all that come to this Happy Place ........WELCOME....."

Walt's speech is the best speech ever!!! I absolutely love it and when I hear it it gives me goose bumps. During the 50th when they played Walt's speech on Main Street I felt like crying. Even when I hear pieces of it (ex. during the 50th parade), well, I am obviously a big baby :D LOL, but a happy baby.

jcruise86
04-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I love, love, love, love the electrical parade. I love, love, love the music. Sorry.
Me too, with no apologies!
It's by far my favorite parade of all time. Love the music, lights, and I appreciate every cast member who works on it.

hbquikcomjamesl
04-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Let me guess: You also liked "Vacation Hoedown" better than the original "Country Bear Jamboree."

hlbtimes2
04-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I dont love it or hate it. Typically if we catch it, great, if not its not a big deal. I would like to watch it this trip. We havent seen it since Dec. '03. They were 5 and almost 2 at the time. They are 5 and almost 9 now. I doubt they remember it at all.

Katran
04-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I LOVE the ELP! But, unlike most people, I am not at all impressed with Fantasmic and don't care if I never see it again. We all have our individual likes and dislikes, and no matter how popular something is, there will always be those who don't like it (and similarly, no matter how unpopular something is, there will always be those who do like it).

disney50
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
My family and I were so mad when they took from WDW . Then when we visited DLR we could'nt figure out why they put it in DCA(SNORE) . Speaking of which has anyone viewed the parade from Napa Vineyards special seating deal and is it worth the money? Carrie

CariBelle
04-19-2007, 10:53 AM
This trip will be the first time I've seen it since I was 6 (19 years ago!) so I'm very excited! I'm actually listening to the music on my iPod right now to get in the mood haha

bloodnswash
04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
The first time I saw this parade........I was 36 years old :eek:

cstephens
04-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Let me guess: You also liked "Vacation Hoedown" better than the original "Country Bear Jamboree."

I like Vacation Hoedown better than the original Country Bear Jamboree. What of it? Maybe it's because I've seen Vacation Hoedown uncountable times and the original only once. Maybe I just like it better. Don't see why it makes a difference. And as much as I love the Electrical Parade, I don't think badly or worse of someone who doesn't like it.