PDA

View Full Version : Ridemax Rant - Anybody else experience this?

mamatojade
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I have noticed that no matter when I try to run itineraries for DCA with both ToT and Soarin' it NEVER suggests that I get a FP for Soarin' and has me waiting up to 100 minutes in the Soarin' lineup.

I find it hard to believe that if I arrive at 11:30 AM on Tuesday that all of the FP for Soarin' will be gone AND will have to wait for 60 minutes to get on it. Is this really that popular that mid-week in April (not at spring break or with any other holiday) that I will need to wait that long in the stand-by line-up in the early afternoon?

Bytebear
04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Soarin' seems to always have a longer line than Tower. I would get a FP for Soarin' over Tower any day of the week.

RideMax Mark
04-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Hello,

I'm Mark Winters, the author of RideMax -- are you referring to this coming Tuesday, April 24th?

If so, I'm having trouble duplicating this problem -- RideMax is telling me to get FP's for Soarin' fairly soon after the 11:30 start time.

If you could PM me with some more details about your plan, I'll be glad to investigate this further. (Just include the start/stop/break times, as well as your list of attractions.)

Thanks!

bloodnswash
04-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Yip, we always get fast passes for Soarin'. We rarely wait in the line unless the wait is 30 minutes or less. I have been to the park during every month except April and June. There has always been a nice long wait.....doesn't seem to matter what month or day of the week it is. Even if Tower has a wait, for us, the line seems to move rather quickly.....the line might look long but it seems to go relatively fast. Rarely get a fastpass for Tower of Terror.

houseofmouse
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
What the heck is ridemax? Is it a way to schedule all your rides or something??

DangerMouse
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
What the heck is ridemax? Is it a way to schedule all your rides or something??

Yes, you can check it out further by visiting: www.ridemax.com :)

gloria
04-18-2007, 02:31 PM
We are going to DL in November and I plan to purchase RideMax further on down the line and I am soooo glad to know that the author of RideMax visits this forum to answer my questions!!:D

gloria

DangerMouse
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Mark is awesome and stands behind his product 100%. It has a money back guarantee if you aren't pleased with it's performance on your trip.

tink's mom
04-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Hello,

I'm Mark Winters, the author of RideMax -- are you referring to this coming Tuesday, April 24th?

If so, I'm having trouble duplicating this problem -- RideMax is telling me to get FP's for Soarin' fairly soon after the 11:30 start time.

If you could PM me with some more details about your plan, I'll be glad to investigate this further. (Just include the start/stop/break times, as well as your list of attractions.)

Thanks!

Just wanted to tell you how much I love Ridemax. I used it for my last trip and will be using it for my upcoming trip.
So, any idea when the June schedule will be up.:)

RideMax Mark
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
So, any idea when the June schedule will be up.:)

June dates should be available sometime next week.

Of course, the big challenge with June is that the subs are finally supposed to be opening!

With no real historical data to go on we've had to come up with some "educated guesstimates" on the wait times, which we should be able to refine once we actually see the ride in operation. ;)

RideMax Mark
04-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I am soooo glad to know that the author of RideMax visits this forum to answer my questions!!:D
gloria

I'm glad to answer questions, but I'm usually more of a "lurker" here than an active participant. The most reliable way to reach me is to just use the feedback link on our website. ;)

Leap for Joy
04-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm glad to answer questions, but I'm usually more of a "lurker" here than an active participant. The most reliable way to reach me is to just use the feedback link on our website. ;)

I've contacted Mark twice this way with a question about the program and both times I was amazed how quickly he responded. It's a great piece of software backed up with excellent customer service. I love RideMax!

tink's mom
04-19-2007, 07:23 PM
June dates should be available sometime next week.

Of course, the big challenge with June is that the subs are finally supposed to be opening!

With no real historical data to go on we've had to come up with some "educated guesstimates" on the wait times, which we should be able to refine once we actually see the ride in operation. ;)

Thanks for the info. I don't even think we're gonna try for the subs this trip, we'll save that one for next time!:p

Bumbershoot
04-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I know Disneyland so well that I don't need Ridemax to tell me what to do and when to do it. Just do what you want, when you want. It works better for me!!

canadasunflower
04-20-2007, 05:03 AM
I know Disneyland so well that I don't need Ridemax to tell me what to do and when to do it. Just do what you want, when you want. It works better for me!!

That's all well and good when you can go whenever you want, but for those of us who can't usually go to Disneyland more than once every 5+ years, Ridemax is a lifesaver!

On our next trip we are going with a family who has been saving up for eight years for this trip, and the children (who are 10 and 9) will probably not get to go again until they are adults. They want to see and do everything, and rightly so - Ridemax will (hopefully) help us fit more into each day.

But to each their own...