PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Things to Do in Frontierland?

Pages : [1] 2

River Belle
04-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Ok buckaroos--we're moving on!!! And though it's one of the smaller "lands" in the park in terms of attractions, Frontierland is one of my very favorite places to be...

I love entering Frontierland along the back trail leading in from Fantasyland and hearing the crickets & coyotes while BTMR rushes by full steam. But I also love walking in through the main entrance and hearing all the great Western themes playing...Yee Haw!

We love having dinner at Rancho where we sit along the outskirts of the restaurant and take in all the Western ambiance--the flickering lights, Cowboy tunes, and rushing railroad sounds are all terrific. Also, sharing a piece of Mile High chocolate cake while watching Billy Hill & the gang and visiting the Shooting Gallery. Wish I were there now...

What are your favorite things to do in Frontierland?

santoanderson
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
The shooting gallery. Ever since my youth I've been endlessly fascinated with shooting that dang owl.

bloodnswash
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I, too, love it over by the back trail that heads to Fantasyland; I enjoy all the sounds in that area and I especially enjoy watching the fish jump out of the water :) As for the mile high cake......it is really good when it is chasing chicken strips. My son's favorite thing in this land is to ride Big Thunder, from row 14 (because hubby and I get row 15), and watch the goat till it is out of sight. He is sliding all over the seat. LOL, I did this once and just about threw up. Husband enjoys goat watching too.

simnia
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Is the Tom Sawyer Treehouse still there? The only thing I really liked to do in Frontierland in recent years is to stroll around Tom Sawyer Island: the fort, the treehouse, the suspension bridge, the mill, and the caves. Except the fort rifles were taken out after an accident, and the giant jar of leeches was taken out years ago, and the keel boats were taken out, and the burning cabin was removed, so...

Nowadays while passing through Frontierland I usually just pay my respects to the retired Mine Train, then move on to the next Land and hope for better places and better days. :crying:

Disneymademoiselle
04-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats riding back row on BTMRR!!!

olegc
04-18-2007, 03:00 PM
walk in through the front gate, veer left and step up onto the wood walkway and listen to the western theme music. Slowly saunter down the sidewalk and look out towards the River. I can almost feel the bandana around my neck and lariat/lasso at my waist.

River Belle
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
walk in through the front gate, veer left and step up onto the wood walkway and listen to the western theme music.

Yes! I've always loved stepping onto the wood walkway, too!!!:) And the music is the best! Also, the landscaped area near The Golden Horseshoe and Rancho is one of my very favorites...

DangerMouse
04-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Watching Kirk Wall and the Billies at the Golden Horseshoe!

futurecm21
04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, my favorite thing is still the Sailing Ship Columbia. If it weren't for pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion, this would be my all time favorite attraction.

I do love the Mark Twain and Tom Sawyers Island. I am hoping that I will grow to like pirates lair at Tom Saywer's Island, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I do enjoy the Rancho restuarant, and as was mentioned, the sound of the coyotes and crickets at night.

Frontierland, takes second place after New Orleans Square IMHO.:)

futurecm21

The Evil Queen
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats riding back row on BTMRR!!!
I'm with you! BUT, Billy Hill and The Hillbillies is a close 2nd!:cool:

mommy-san
04-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Sitting next to the French fry place at night outside the exit of BTMRR,
and ofcourse, Billy Hill and a side of Mile High chocolate cake!

Another Dimension
04-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Billies, Thunder, Twain, Columbia, Thunder Trail, Zocalo, Farely the Fiddler, Big Thunder Ranch.... :)

IdahoMike
04-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Back of the train on Big Thunder
Watching the fireworks while riding Big Thunder
Watching the fireworks near the exit to Big Thunder

The Blue Parrot
04-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I always enjoyed an early breakfast at the River Belle Terrace back when there used to be tables down by the river. Just something nice about sitting there watching the river traffic.

Along the same lines, a voyage on the Mark Twain at night is a real favorite. Something I miss when Fantasmic is showing.

Mr.Abominable
04-19-2007, 01:37 AM
I love eating in Rancho del Zocalo at the table by the bird bath and watching the little sparrows play in the water. I also love the watching the Billies and shopping in the Pin Shop and of course riding BTMRR! After all of these different "favorite" threads, I realize that I just love being at DLR more than anything else, glad I will be there in 10 days, yay for Mouse Adventure!

geoffa
04-19-2007, 05:04 AM
It has to be BTMRR. That is one carzy ride I can do over and over and over and over..........

Gone2Disneyland
04-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at The Golden Horseshoe rises to the top of my list as a favorite entertainment in Frontierland for me. I also like nosing around the Silver Spur pin store next door, riding BTMRR, and hanging out and snapping photos along the trail between the end of BTMRR and the entrance into Fantasyland - especially around Christmastime.

Katran
04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
In all honesty, the only thing I'm really interested in there is BTMRR. Though I haven't seen Billy Hill & the Hillbillies yet. We wanted to last trip after hearing so many great reviews of them, but we just didn't make it.

GORGON
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Frontierland, the best is walking through and leaving it. Sorry paaardner.

jazzysmom
04-19-2007, 12:13 PM
"The devil went down to Georgia..."

Katran
04-19-2007, 02:22 PM

Huh? :confused:

disneyshoes
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM

Love that song :)

rokketride
04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
This past tuesday I had a great time just sitting on a bench by the shooting gallery people watching. The passers by took delight in watching me as well, the pirate bandana with goofy ears isnt exactly uncommon head gear, but I must wear it really well.

Was in earshot of the music track playing, heard lots of great songs from western movies, sang along with the theme from Blazing Saddles.

The petting zoo was great too, never knew baby goats could be so friendly.

Katran
04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
The petting zoo was great too, never knew baby goats could be so friendly.

Believe it or not, in spite of going almost every other year since 1978, this past trip was my first time at the petting zoo. I didn't even know it was there about 3 or 4 years ago. Is it new, or did I just somehow miss it all those years?

MadasaHatter
04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
YeeeeeeeeeeHAW!

Love Billy Hill and the Hillbillies....for those of you who have never seen this it is the reason we go to Disneyland. AWESOME musicians too.

I also like walking on the wooden sidewalk and pretending I am in the cast of DEADWOOD (don't worry I know that I am in Disneyland so I don't talk like them)

Love going with my sister whom whenever she hears that wild western music they used in the beef commercials loudly quotes "BEEF...IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!"

I too like Rancho Zocalo and walking through the Big Thunder Trail and seeing the train whoosh around the corner so when I am on BTMRR I always scream at that point and try to remain screaming through the rest of the ride.....(not evil like that other post so don't shoot me)....and I love the little western village at the end and try to listen for new sounds....also I like to sit in a car that is separate from my pals and while we are whipping around corners in the dark if you click your box camera the distance is perfect for getting a nicely framed and candid screaming shot of your friends....looooove that.

Of course pardners, I am mad y'all.....