PDA

View Full Version : Nearest Post Office To DLR

mamatojade
04-17-2007, 01:38 PM
While I am at DLR, I want to mail some USPS postcards to enter the YOMD contest, is there a post office nearby?

Failing that, can I get stamps at the park?

Thanks!

houseofmouse
04-17-2007, 01:46 PM
There are mailboxes in Disneyland to mail from. The mailboxes are on mainstreet. I believe they are painted green. If you don't see them just ask a CM and I am sure they will point them out. I don't know if you can buy stamps there. Just take a few stamps with you and keep them handy and mail the postcards in the park. :)

mamatojade
04-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm Canadian, so I need to buy the stamps while I am in California.

mariad26
04-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I just saw stamps at California adventure a whole machine...so I am sure disneyland has one somewhere and the mailbox is as you enter the gates go toward the right entrance under the railroad I believe i just saw it there on Sunday.

houseofmouse
04-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm Canadian, so I need to buy the stamps while I am in California.

Ah I see, I am not sure where the closest place to buy stamps is, some grocery stores sell them. The ones here in Colorado do, maybe look into that option too. :)

CariBelle
04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
There is a stamp vending machine in the room that holds the lockers on Main Street :)

simnia
04-17-2007, 01:55 PM
As others mentioned, Disneyland and the DLR hotels probably have everything you need, but in case they don't, I'm pretty sure the closest U.S. Post Office to Disneyland is at 1180 Ball Road, 2-3 blocks west of Disneyland:

http://www.simnia.com/dl/dl-periphery/dl-periphery_addresses.htm#ball

houseofmouse
04-17-2007, 01:56 PM
There is a stamp vending machine in the room that holds the lockers on Main Street :)

Cool! Good for me to know too!! We can buy, write, stamp and mail postcards this summer. :) I guess I never noticed it before. :)

mamatojade
04-17-2007, 02:00 PM

Excellent! Thank-you. Do you know if it accepts credit cards?

CariBelle
04-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Excellent! Thank-you. Do you know if it accepts credit cards?

I'm not sure about that one, hopefully someone else can answer that one! If I HAD to guess I would say yes, since the lockers do.

SteveK
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
There is also a full service post office about 1 mile north of the park. Go north on Harbor and right on Broadway. You can't miss it about 100 yards down on the left...I used to work in the building on the corner of Harbor and Broadway (I miss looking out my window at DL every day:crying: )

mamatojade
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
There is also a full service post office about 1 mile north of the park. Go north on Harbor and right on Broadway. You can't miss it about 100 yards down on the left...I used to work in the building on the corner of Harbor and Broadway (I miss looking out my window at DL every day:crying: )

Is that towards Target or towards Mimi's from Katella?

simnia
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Is that towards Target or towards Mimi's from Katella?

Toward Mimi's. That Post Office is the glassy 1-story building on the northwest corner of Broadway and Clementine. The one on Ball Road is closer, though.

backsthepack
04-17-2007, 05:06 PM
You know, once, last summer, when I was buying some postcards at one of the shops they asked me if I needed to buy stamps. I didn't, but I am not sure if they were going to sell them to me at that location or direct me to the postage machine. I want to say it was the little shop in Adventure Land across the way from the shooting gallery.