PDA

View Full Version : Where do you sit?

jslivinski
06-13-2002, 11:54 AM
This topic has come up before in many different places, but summer is upon us and there are lots of new people reading and posting, so this seemed like a good time to ask, Where do you like to sit? Besides that we're heading down next week.:)

Where is your favorite place to sit to watch:

1. Believe

2. Fantasmic

3. Electrical Parade

jslivinski
06-13-2002, 11:59 AM
1. Believe

We usually sit on the old motor boat que. I think this area is now referred to as Fantasy Gardens. It is quite, has seats and the kids can run around. The view is also great, you don't get the castle stuff, but you are right in front of Small World.

2. Fantasmic

This trip will be the first time we will be seeing Fantasmic from the front. In the past we've watched from the side on the dock by Big Thunder Mountain.

3. Electrical Parade

We've never been to DCA to see the Electrical Parade, but I understand that in front of California Dreams-? (the Whoppi movie) is a good place to sit.

hmbldr
06-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Have not seen Believe, and have only seen Fatasmic in MGM.

MSEP. Sitting on the curb at the front of the Hub. Gets you a great view of ther parade head on and then to see it unfold as it turns by you. Great double perspaective. Also used to watch it on the other side of the hub as it completed its turn and headed towards fronteirland.

An awesome parade an listening to the soundtrack still gives me goosebumps.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Disneyland proudly presents.......

justagrrl
06-13-2002, 12:21 PM
I was told by a CM that one of the best places to see the Electrical Parade is between the It's Tough to be a Bug show and the winery as they turn the lights off during the parade in that area.

gn2dlnd
06-13-2002, 04:47 PM
1. Believe - Standing at the end of Main Street between the corndog truck and Coke Corner. The lights from the Penny Arcade are behind you and there are speakers for the soundtrack on either side of you.

2. Fantasmic - Right in front of Pirates, standing against the rope. I hate sitting on the concrete for two hours, you can usually find a place at the rope about 45 minutes before the show. Oh, watching from the balcony of Club 33 isn't bad either. ;)

3. Electrical Parade - I used to love watching it from the Train Station steps, you could see the whole thing coming down Main Street. But now, it's just, um, wrong.

4. Parade of the Stars - You left one out. I usually see the Dullest Parade Ever from inside the shops on Main Street. I'm often unlucky enough to arrive at the Park while this parade is on and I just make my way around it through the Emporium.

stan4d_steph
06-13-2002, 06:13 PM
1. For Believe, watching from RoA after the 9 PM Fantasmic! was cool because they used the Fantasmic! sound system, but you don't get the castle effect and only a brief view of Tink. Watching near Small World is cool and loud! From the Fantasyland-side of the castle it's fun to see Tink fly right over you and you can jump right on to Peter Pan with very little line afterwards!

2. As far as Fantasmic!: if you want to see the show, the best is to line up with the center of the two pyro units on RoA, that way you see Mickey lined up with the water etc. Best way to find this area is to look for the Kodak Picture Spot sign and move to the right a couple of light poles. Behind the middle light tower is also good, since it is usually fairly sparsely populated until close to start time, after it has been raised to "show height."

Now if you want to see monkeys turn into pirates, that's a whole 'nother story...

MammaSilva
06-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Believe without snow....the first landing of the train station, you get the best view of the show from there IMHO....

Fantasmic, hands down, the balcony! we have watched it from the handicapped area (view blows chunks!) and from the Thunder Mt area, also not the best view, have done it a few times right in front and while it's cool to get the mist, there isn't a spot that can beat the gallery balcony.

ELP, ... when it was the MAINSTREET Electrical parade we always watched it from the handicapped area next to the Showcase, got to see it 'twice' that way and the performers really interact with the guests...

ELP at DCA....only caught it one time and we were in the handicapped area but it isn't very well defined like the ones in Disneyland, only a little streamer so we had some very rude people standing and blocking views and stuff, but one of the crowd control CM's finally noticed and asked them nicely to be a little more considerate

Rallymonkey23
06-13-2002, 07:13 PM
For Fantasmic! we try to sit dead center of the island.

For Believe, I think all of Main Street is a good view. Oh wait! Try to get slighty to the right of the street. There are a couple of trees that get in the way of some of the fireworks.

For The Electrical Parade we have only watched it from Sunshine Plaza, still an all time favorite. Don't matter where you watch it.
I think the next time we watch it we will have a table at the Winery Restraunt (sorry, forgot the name as of this moment :rolleyes: )

zapppop
06-13-2002, 07:37 PM
1) Believe...There's Magic In The Stars:
I prefer standing on the right hand side near the first lamppost north of the photo shop across from the Plaza Inn. It's usually not terribly crowded, you get a good view of the fireworks and the audio is at a comfortable level (and yes, you can see both the blue ball of light and Tinkerbell).

2) Fantasmic!:
Although it's expensive, Balcony seating is best because you get comfortable seats, dessert, and a view from above(away from the crowds down below).

3) Main Street Electrical Parade:
In California Adventure, the best place to view is in front of Sam Andreas Shakes and Santa Rosa Seed And Supply. This area is usually very empty so it's easy to get front row viewing (I've shown up 5 minutes prior to the parade starting and done it). Plus usually between the end of Sunshine Plaza and here is where Elliot does his disappearing act.

4) Viewing All Three Shows:
You can see all three shows in one evening. First go to DCA to see the MSEP at 8:45PM. If you don't go past the area I mentioned above (3) you should be able to leave DCA as soon as the parade is over and still get back into Disneyland before Believe starts at 9:30MP( one more reason why I choose to watch MSEP from that location in DCA ;) ). You should be able to get to a comfortable spot on Main Street or around the hub/parade route area and see Believe with no trouble. After Believe is finished, you have about a good 45 - 50 minutes till the 10:30PM performance of Fantasmic! which should be enough time to get a spot ( and maybe even squeeze in a ride ).

That's my 2 cents.

FantasmicFan82
06-14-2002, 02:55 AM
1) Fantasmic
Just to the right of the Center light pole. right behind the rail, it's sitting only, and the people in front are a couple of feet lower. get in the front corner closest to the pole.

2) Believe
Hub. I like the benches on the Casle side or the curb when it's a little busy. not too hard to head over for the next showing of Fantasmic! on warm summer nights i like to go infront of Small world, and lay down on the floor as close as you can at the entrance of TT. It's loud and relaxing, yeah, it's cool. (=/ last time i did that i only caught half the show... but she was hot;) )

3) Electrical Parade
Anywhere near the front of DCA, just like everyone else, head over to DL for Believe