PDA

View Full Version : Self Laundry center at GCH

ochibiyo
04-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew where the self laundry center is at the GCH. They state on their website that they have one. If so, how much is it? Thanks a bunch, we don't want take extra clothes if we have to. We want to save room to buy stuff!!:~D

Amneris
04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I was looking at the map from the hotel the other day, and there is one laundry room located on a "middle" floor of the hotel, I think kinda above Story Tellers or there abouts. We're planning to do laundry when we stay there in May! I don't know how expensive they are, but it's better than even heavier suitcases, lol! :)

dlandnut
04-17-2007, 12:31 PM
We stayed at the GC a few years ago and I used the laundry. You're right, it's sort of in the area of the Storyteller's Cafe, not on the ground floor, but above. As you exit the Storyteller's Cafe, you turn to your left, go straight ahead and into that area of the hotel, then up the elevator to the guest laundry. I don't remember costs being any more expensive than anywhere else. It may help if you can pack your own "mini" detergent box and/or fabric softener sheets, because that's where the costs soar.

FYI, when I was doing my laundry there during our last visit, it was early in the morning. Hubby and two kids were "sleeping in" and it was sort of nice to get up, be by myself, read the morning paper and "chill out" while doing the laundry. I had on my nightshirt and sweats, hair pulled back, no makeup, and looked pretty pathetic. Lo and behold, the fire alarm goes off, and everyone has to exit the building. So, down to the first floor and out of the building I go, looking like a real piece of work, and there are all these happy little families walking by on their way into California Adventure and/or exiting Storyteller's Cafe. I'll bet they wondered who blew in at the Grand Californian, lol.

Have a great time. :)

babytmakes5
04-18-2007, 04:41 AM
It's either on the second or third floor above Storyteller's and Whitewater Snacks. We stayed at the GCH last November and used the laundry room throughout our five day stay. It wasn't terribly expensive--I think it was .50 to wash, .50 to dry, and if you need laundry detergent it was about .50 for a one-use size box. We were there in the off-season, but it wasn't busy at all, so you could leave your stuff in the washer and dryer and not feel worried that someone else would need the machine while you were gone. I would just throw a load in, then go back up to the room to rest with the kids. There are tables and vending machines in the room, so you could easily wait while reading a newspaper too. It was so nice not bringing home tons of dirty laundry!

The Blue Parrot
04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Add me to the list of folks who have made use of this. Hey, a day at the Park can get messy!

Best to use it during an off time. I had a wait one night as all of the washers were full.

santoanderson
04-19-2007, 05:58 AM
I've never done laundry in a hotel mainly because of the possibility of returning to an empty washer. But I might have to try this out, because I am not packing more than 1 bag.

ochibiyo
04-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks all! That's great! I have one more question I forgot to ask. Is it 24 hours open or just a couple of hours? And when is the best time to do wash, early in the morning or late at night? Thanks a bunch!!!!

Amneris
04-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I *think* it's 24 hours, but I'm not sure. Late at night always works best for us. We've always left our wash unattended at WDW and on the Disney cruise ship, btw, and have never had a problem.