PDA

View Full Version : Misc. Food questions

kimc0486
04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi all,

I have a few random food-ish questions.

Is the dessert selection at BB just what is listed on dlresortinfo.com?

Tortuga Trio of Creme Brule
Chocolate, passion fruit and vanilla-bean custards,
caramelized and served with Brittany cookies
$7.99

The Key West, Key Lime
Flaky crust filled with tangy key-lime citrus crème
$7.99

The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat
Warm chocolate chip cookie boat, served with Dreyer's vanilla
bean ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce
$8.99

That is what is listed on the site. Or do they have a selection that changes daily?

-Can you still do just dessert at BB?

-Where can I find deepfried cheesecake that used to be served at BB?

-Does Bengal BBQ, Tiki Bar, Catch-a-flave (DCA) or any other type stand take the Disney Rewards card by Visa? Or do any of these stands take any type of debit/credit? Or is there any place you KNOW does NOT take the rewards card?

-I am newly a vegetarian, and while I have been to DL many times, I never have been as a vegetarian, where are some good places to eat?

Ok, I think thats it for now :D Thanks for all the help!

bloodnswash
04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
That sounds like the dessert menu from when I was last there. The dessert might change occasionally but I don't think it changes on a regular basis.

Yes, you can still do just dessert at BB.

Sorry, don't know about the cheesecake you are talking about.

As for the Visa Disney Rewards, I think pretty much any food place that takes a credit card will let you use your Disney Rewards card. I believe you can't use your Rewards card at the Popcorn carts, dessert carts, places like that.....the places on wheels. But I'm not 100% sure.

Vegetarian.....I don't have a clue for food for you.

Good luck with it all! I'm sure there are others out there that can help you more then I did.

bloodnswash
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
According to another poster, rentayenta, there is a vegetarian pasta at Ariel's Grotto over at CA Adventure.

hlbtimes2
04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I know the french market in NOS use to have the friend cheese cake. I recomend you try there.

Shinku
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Pizza port has quite a few veggie-friendly options (salads and pizza and such, not sure how hardcore vegetarian you are). Listed on the maps, I believe, are little icons next to the food places that serve vegetarian options. Good luck!

Gone2Disneyland
04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
I have a vegetarian suggestion for you. At the Café Orleans in New Orleans Square (across from the BB), my friend who cannot eat meat enjoyed the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo and Pommes Frites (garlic and parmesan french fries) they offer there. They also serve salads; I've tried the side salad, which is deelish. They have a wedge salad, too but I've never tried it. We also tried breakfast there; she tried a scrambled egg whites thing there and didn't like it.

stan4d_steph
04-18-2007, 05:22 AM
I have a vegetarian suggestion for you. At the Café Orleans in New Orleans Square (across from the BB), my friend who cannot eat meat enjoyed the Three-Cheese Monte Cristo and Pommes Frites (garlic and parmesan french fries) they offer there. They also serve salads; I've tried the side salad, which is deelish. They have a wedge salad, too but I've never tried it. We also tried breakfast there; she tried a scrambled egg whites thing there and didn't like it.FYI, depending on how strict a vegetarian you are, the three-cheese Monte Cristo is not vegetarian; the cheese used contains rennet (http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/cheese.htm).

Also, the wedge salad is made with bacon bits on it, so you would need to request that it be made without meat.

I would suggest searching (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php) this forum on the keyword "vegetarian" to find previous threads with information. Just limit your search to the DL forum and possibly Team MousePlanet.