PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland at Night - What do you wear?

jslivinski
06-13-2002, 09:45 AM
I've reached the point in my packing where I start getting carried away. I find myself wanting to pack sweatshirts for evening, but don't know if we'll need them.

So the question is... What has the weather been like at Disneyland and has it been getting cold at night?

Rallymonkey23
06-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Well, lately I have found it getting kinda chilly at night but after I put a sweatshirt on I get too hot. I guess it all depends on your body. I do sugest that if you plan on waiting for fantasmic along the ROA then bring a sweatshirt. Something about sitting in the open air near the water makes for a pretty chilly night.

Matterhorn Fan
06-13-2002, 10:31 AM
You can always buy one there, of course, but you'll probably want a sweatshirt or light jacket in the evenings.

Then again, I'm wearing jeans and a flannel shirt right now, and it's probably 80 degrees outside. I get cold easily.

merlinjones
06-13-2002, 10:31 AM
A thong?

innerSpaceman
06-13-2002, 10:59 AM
During our pleasant summers, I find that it only gets cold at the DL Resort during sunset, and that's only if you're on the Esplanade or in DCA where they have no berm to protect you from the winds. Inside Disneyland, the weather's always fine.

Personally, I hate carrying stuff and I hate going to the pay-point lockers, so I tend to wear my really cool camping shirt which has lots of vents that can stay open during the day and can be closed up at night. Best of all, the shirt has got really big front pockets so I can fit a bunch of rainbow glasses for Space Mountain and some defraction pattern glasses for fireworks.

SzczerbiakManiac
06-13-2002, 11:06 AM
It depends: Warm summer evening - shorts & a t-shirt
Cool winter evening - shorts & a t-shirt
Heavy winds - shorts & a t-shirt
Rain - shorts & a t-shirt
But I'm weird that* way.

*and so many other ways...! ;)

HBTiggerFan
06-13-2002, 11:53 AM
I normally tie a sweatshirt around my waist. Its getting warmer here now, and its always 5 or so degrees warmer in Anaheim than it is more coastal.

Not Afraid
06-13-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
It depends: Warm summer evening - shorts & a t-shirt
Cool winter evening - shorts & a t-shirt
Heavy winds - shorts & a t-shirt
Rain - shorts & a t-shirt
But I'm weird that* way.

*and so many other ways...! ;)

Yes you are!;)

OK, back to J's question, Our friend SM here is ALWAYS hot. The word "shade" is said more times by him during a day at DL then just about anything else. Shorts and a t-shirt are a fine choice for him.

Now I, on the other hand, am what is known as "thermaly challenged" I am either too hot or too cold. My solution is to bring layers. I always have some type of sweater light jacket tied around my waist and if the weather report range is too great, I'll bring another sweater or jacket and get a locker. It can get a bit breezy and cold at night, even in the heights of summer. Try one, versatile, lightweight jacket and another go-with-everything sweater. I did that for our recent Paris trip and it seemed to work out fine.

RStar
06-13-2002, 12:33 PM
I find that it stays warmer inside DL, and when moving around alot you stay pretty warm. Wearing a t-shirt with a long sleave warmer shirt on the out side may be enough. But you may freeze on the tram going out! The best bet for those not sure is to bring layers and use a locker. At least the new lockers can be opened often throughout the day for no extra charge. So perhaps a light t-shirt (you will need it during the day) and a long sleve shirt while running around, and then a sweater or light jacket (I like the zipper kind that I can open when getting warm and zip when colder) that you can use on the tram or for watching a show.

That's if you are going soon. The temps have been 75-80 during the day and 60-65 at night, with some fog or light winds off and on. No real wet stuff falling at all.

Allysen1Derland
06-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Layers, layers, layers! It's all about the comfy layers! I usually go to DL or DCA only in the evening (just way too hot in the summer!) However, I find that whenever I'm freezing @ DL, it's only when I'm standing outside of the park. Once I go in and down Main St., I'm never too chilly! Maybe it's all the excitement or people, or the wind gets blocked somehow, but I always end up ditching my layers! I just love to be super comfy, so I go with the typical "Allysen combo"- low-rise capri sweat pants, baby tee and matching hoodie (hooded jacket) and Sketchers! It doesn't get any better then sweats and tennies, so my advice would be to go with those comfy threads and have a blast!;)

Dawnie
06-13-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm in complete agreement with NF and Allysen about the layers.

I usually find this time of year is the best for ankle or capri length khakis from the Gap. Lightweight, casual, breathable...black and traditional color are the best. (hides dirt and SM watermarks well ;) ) Along with a lightweight tank, and a light cotton button-up sweater for around the waist. As for shoes, I have a pair of black leather slides from Easy Spirit that are sooooo comfortable and the toes get a chance to breath. Something about sweaty tennies, unless it's for work-out, aren't the best to walk around in.

Here's another important layer:

Sunscreen! Make sure you where it from head to toe. ('Specially if you wear sandals) There's nothing more uncomfortable than walking around with a sunburn from the day before!

justagrrl
06-13-2002, 01:44 PM
Bring a zip up sweat shirt with a hood. The benefit is that you can put it on unzipped if you a little chilly .... zip it up for more warmth .... or go for the head protection if you are really cold (i.e. on the tram ride home!) Plus it ties around the waist for ease in storage. :D

MonorailMan
06-13-2002, 02:24 PM
What I Wear:

Day- Black Shorts, Black Shirt, MM Ears, MM Gloves.
Night- Black Turtleneck, Black Pants, MM Ears, MM Gloves.

Uncle Dick
06-13-2002, 03:33 PM
I'm going to go with SzczerbiakManiac on this one. Disneyland is definitely a T-shirt and shorts kind of place, especially this time of year. T-shirt and shorts on New Years Eve at the midnight showing of Fantasmic is about the only time I've wished I'd brought a sweatshirt to Disneyland.

MickeyD
06-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
T-shirt and shorts on New Years Eve at the midnight showing of Fantasmic is about the only time I've wished I'd brought a sweatshirt to Disneyland.

I, on the other hand, always have a sweatshirt on hand at Disneyland, even in the middle of a heatwave in August, and I've never not had to wear it. So jslivinski, I think only you know whether or not you'll need that sweatshirt. I'm not sure how long you'll be here for, so maybe pack two sweatshirts?

Mass Nerder
06-13-2002, 03:59 PM
A long T-shirt.

That's it. Literally.

lindyhop
06-13-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
During our pleasant summers, I find that it only gets cold at the DL Resort during sunset, and that's only if you're on the Esplanade or in DCA where they have no berm to protect you from the winds. Inside Disneyland, the weather's always fine.

I agree that the weather is usually not a problem in Disneyland. But I spent some time in DCA this past weekend and it felt much more open there and I was freezing. Granted it was a coolish weekend and it is only June which is not really summer yet in So. Cal. (My apologies to anyone who lives where it really gets cold. I go to Palm Springs in July on purpose and consider 60 degrees nearly frigid.)

Anyway I say bring a sweatshirt or something for the evenings. And have a great time!:)

Rallymonkey23
06-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Mass Nerder
A long T-shirt.

That's it. Literally.

ROTFLMHO!!!

DisneylandBoy
06-13-2002, 07:36 PM
I usually wear shorts and a t-shirt and bring a sweatshirt in a backpack. I find it's cold in the morning and gets kind of chilly at night, depening on where you are. Also, if you get wet (on Splash or Grizzly) it helps to have a sweatshirt, especially if it is kind of overcast. Now, the weather seems to be changing daily.

RealDisneyLegend
06-13-2002, 09:08 PM
...buy yourself a new DL-55 SWEATSHIRT! ;-)

RStar
06-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
What I Wear:

Day- Black Shorts, Black Shirt, MM Ears, MM Gloves.
Night- Black Turtleneck, Black Pants, MM Ears, MM Gloves.

Now everyone that fits that discription I will walk up to and ask "Are you Monorailman?":D

RStar
06-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Mass Nerder
A long T-shirt.

That's it. Literally.

:eek:

Don't go on the Maliboomer or Jumpin' Jellyfish!

justagrrl
06-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RStar

:eek:

Don't go on the Maliboomer or Jumpin' Jellyfish!

lol...and I thought going on Maliboomer without my shoes on was something special! :D

pinkpail
06-14-2002, 07:53 PM
I know what you mean Mass Nerder, I have always hated pants!