PDA

View Full Version : October 7th Events

DizneyMommy
04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Ok, so now that Gay Days has been announced as the first weekend in October, does anyone know if CHOC will take the second weekend again or go back to the first? It seems to be an issue every year, and last year's attempt to fix the problem backfired by both events moving to the second weekend. Some of my family was planning on coming in to town to walk with us in CHOC walk, if the parks will not be insanely overcrowded with both events on the same weekend again.

kranders
04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Since my anniversary is on 10/8 we are always at the parks for this weekend. It is never all that crowded, a little more than an off-season weekend but never like a summer weekend.
I think that the gay days are split into Disneyland on Saturday the 7th and DCA on Sunday the 8th. The CHOC walk is on Sunday in Disneyland but most of it is over before they open the gates.
We have never had a problem on this weekend with crowds.

DizneyMommy
04-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Maybe it is because I am spoiled, having had a pass all my life and making several trips to DL a month, and always avoiding a crowd at all costs. The past 2 years we went into the park after the walk, and after about 30 minutes we just decided to leave because of the crowds. A lot of the 15,000 people who walked in CHOC walk last year and the year before bought a discounted ticket and went inside after the walk, all at once, and the CA Adventure gate was a nightmare because of the other event. It's not as bad as a regular summer weekend, but then I would never go near DL on a summer weekend.

adriennek
04-19-2007, 06:53 AM
That sounds like it could be Columbus Day weekend, too? That will make it a triple whammy. Not everyone gets the holiday but enough do to affect crowds, usually.

Adrienne