PDA

View Full Version : Submarine bus?

duneprincess82
04-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on Mouse Planet, but I read the updates and threads every once in a while, when I'm not getting updates from my little brother (dznyphreak)...

But, I've got a question for you. I was driving on the 10 freeway today, out by the 215. As I was coming west, I saw an oddly shaped bright yellow bus coming the other direction. As it got closer, I noticed the "Disneyland" and "Year of a Million Dreams" logo on the side. As it drove by (I only got a quick look, since we were going the opposite direction), I saw it was painted like a submarine....no doubt as a promotion for Finding Nemo. But, I couldn't figure out if it was for passenger transportation, or just advertisement....and what would it be doing on the 10 freeway eastbound at the 215?? I could see if it was being used for the airport shuttle from LAX or something, but it just seemed a little out of place. Has anyone else seen it, or heard about it? I was just curious.....

disneyhound
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
...As it drove by (I only got a quick look, since we were going the opposite direction), I saw it was painted like a submarine...

Would have been great if you could have snapped a photo!

HobbitFeet
04-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I have NO idea about all the highways and directions and whatnot out there. But could it have been coming from or going to the Orange County airport? Disneyland Express has buses to/from there as well as LAX, and I hear they have "wraps" for advertising...

But I have no idea, really, just thinking out loud.

averagedork
04-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I saw it around 1:45ish on Katella and I want to say like State College. At the gas station there. My friend and I were like "what the heck?" We wanted to follow it, or jump on it, and see what was going on. It looked like a weiny mobile. We were right near the park and saw it.

duneprincess82
04-16-2007, 08:09 AM
It wasn't one of their regular buses...I live near LAX and see those ones all the time. It's very oddly shaped, and bright yellow, so you can't miss it. But I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw it...thanks for backing me up averagedork! I just can't imagine what it would be doing in the San Bernadino area, besides just being out for advertising. If that's the case, I hope the ride will be worth all of the hype! Of course, it could also have something to do with a prize for the YOAMD theme....have a Finding Nemo sub come shuttle you and your friends to and from the park? Don't know.....

Old Blue
04-17-2007, 01:05 AM
The "Bus" is not for passenger use but for advertisement. It is not finished yet and has been going back and forth between the shop were it is being built and the resort. When finished it will travel up and down the western states and be back for the opening of Nemo. It will then go back on the road. The right side has a large door that opens up to a 110" plasma screen that will interact as in turtle talk. Hopefully it will be done in about two weeks.

duneprincess82
04-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy....seeing a submarine on the freeway. It should be interesting to see it out and about in the next few weeks!