PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland the weekend of 9 November?

CarlieB
04-15-2007, 02:31 PM
My Mum and I are planning on spending a long weekend (Fri evening through Tues morning) at Disneyland from the 9th of November. Am I correct in thinking the Christmas decorations and other Holiday stuff should be up by then? Any advice about what the hours/crowds are likely to be round that time would be great too. Thanks:)

woody9six
04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
The decorations should be up...but that is a long weekend since Veterans Day falls on the weekend; most people will have a 3 day weekend that weekend. It will be more croded than a "normal" weekend and could get really could get crowded if the weather cooperates. Sorry I can't help you with the hours.

CarlieB
04-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks....useful to know about Veterans Day.

GrouchoMarx
04-15-2007, 02:49 PM
For what it's worth, last year the first day of the Christmas celebration stuff was November 10th.

CarlieB
04-15-2007, 02:56 PM
For what it's worth, last year the first day of the Christmas celebration stuff was November 10th.

Thanks...just had a quick check and that was the second weekend of November too, so it bodes well for the weekend we'll be there:)

AaronInCal
04-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Also I believe last year for Veteran's Day weekend, Disneyland had to stop selling tickets and close the turnstyles for a time because it was so busy. It's possible it could happen again this year, especially with the enhancements for Christmas they are supposed to do this year, like the snow and lighting for the Castle. If that is the first weekend for Christmas at the Resort, a lot of people will want to check it all out.

CarlieB
04-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Hmmmm....I take it it's likely to get really busy round midday/mid-afternoon? Might pay to go for an early entry and stay in the Park, at least for a while.

MauiMickey
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
We have been at the DLR on that weekend in both 2003 and 2005. I do know that the park reached capacity on Friday, Nov. 11, 2005, and the DL gates closed for a time that day. We felt that the parks were busy, but by no means was it really crazy like it can be during Christmas break.

Enjoy your trip!

Monte Cristo
04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
The park is usually fully decorated by the end of the first week of November, including the big tree on Main Street. Small World Holiday is what doesn't start until the 10th.

As for crowds, my family went at the same time in '03 and '04, Sat-Wed. It was never that crowded, even with the holiday, but apparently that all changed as of '05.

Devilwife
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
We went last year 5th-11th
First of the week Monday -Wednesday wasn't that bad. Thursday was starting to get busy...Friday was bad. Really not enjoyable. We waited 2hrs for It's a Small World. Got to watch the parade while in line which was cool but still was bad!
Hopefully it will be better for you
:D

CarlieB
04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all the advice, it's really helpful. At this stage the plan is to arrive in Anaheim mid to late afternoon on the Friday and check in at the hotel (our flight from NZ won't arrive at LAX until after midday). We'll purchase our Park Hopper tickets but won't go into the Parks on Friday night (we'll hang out in DTD and get dinner etc). That leaves Saturday, Sunday and Monday for Park time.

oohykitten
04-16-2007, 02:33 PM
...but my son died on Friday, Nov. 11, 2005...and I have noted that day and in 06 the park was closed at some point.