PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Thing To Do on Main Street, U.S.A.?

Pages : [1] 2 3

River Belle
04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I'd love to eventually expand this thread to include all of the other lands (maybe we'll move to Adventureland tomorrow?), but for now, let's start at the entrance:

What's your favorite thing to do on Main Street?

For me, it would have to be boarding the Disneyland Railroad.
(Though a trip to the Blue Ribbon Bakery is pretty enjoyable, too.)

woody9six
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
It is a toss up between dawdling and lingering.

crazi4dlr
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Eat! definitely eat :p

808Disney
04-14-2007, 09:28 PM
My indeed favorite thing to do on Main Street is.... during the Holiday Season... I love just looking and staring at all the Holiday arrangements that they hang up. Looking at the Christmas Trees and checking to see what the Theme of the Year is, looking at all the lights they string up through Main Street, and of course smelling all the wonderful Bakery Aroma!!!
I LOVE the HOLIDAY SEASON!!!! :)

JohnGar
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
The railroad is obvious, but we love to watch the parade, get an ice cream from Gibson Girl (however the Main Street Cone Shop is much better, when it's open) and then watch the fireworks.

Gutz
04-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Eat a bowl of loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe, listen to piano players, check out the DL historical displays in the Opera House.

MrTomMorrow
04-15-2007, 03:00 AM
People watch, watch/listen to the parade near the cool subwoofers in Town Square, complain/compliment at City Hall, enjoy ice cream in a waffle cone!

geoffa
04-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Ride the horse drawn tram. Shop on the way out of the park. Watch people jump when the Main Street transport sound their horns at them!

AlbertaMinnie
04-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Eat a bowl of loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe, listen to piano players, check out the DL historical displays in the Opera House.

mmmmm, I've never eaten at Carnation, but that does sound good!!!!! We usually buzz through main street as quickly as we can to get to our first ride in the morning, and then we always end up walking back down mainstreet inside, through the shops on our way out at night. I think it's time to stop and enjoy it more!!! We've never given Main Street much of our attention, except to see take a glance up at Walts Room above the firehall and wish we could go up there.

mommy-san
04-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Get a coffee from the market house and sit in the hub and people watch while waiting for the parade.

And who can live without some fudge from the candy store?

Rkkm
04-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Eat! definitely eat :p

Me too, three, four and five!

Fudge from the candy shop! Corn dog from the cart! Gooey rich dessert and baked potato soup at the Carnation Cafe! Latte and pastry or sandwich at the bakery! Waffle Cone from the Gibson Girl place!

And that is all before I hit the hub and have to make up my mind as to whether the next nosh is going to be a Dole Whip, a churro, a Bengal shish-kabob, cotton candy or a full-on feed at the Plaza.

WDW heart
04-15-2007, 07:49 AM
I love the candy shop, the ice cream shop and shipping for souvenirs. I love the flowers. Sometimes we will board the railroad and ride directly around to Frontierland.

hlbtimes2
04-15-2007, 07:57 AM
I love to get a corn dog and sit on the porch and eat it while people watching.

MadasaHatter
04-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Main Street is my favorite land in Disneyland.

I am really sad if I do not ride the car, firetruck, omnibus AND horse drawn carriage. I try to make it a policy NEVER to walk down MAIN ST if I don't have to.... I love getting coffee at the general store and of course an ice cream. I love that little hotel with its changing displays. I love the flag ceremony and the DAPPER DANS. Ok, I really am a geek,

My yesterland is having an icecream at the GIBSON GIRL when it was still an ice cream parlor. No, it isn't there anymore....they turned it into a BASKIN ROBBINS style place. EVERY trip to Disneyland I would sit down at the counter and get a BIG THUNDER sundae and my sis would always get a SNOW WHITE Sundae....sniff....good times....good times....

AKKBH
04-15-2007, 08:12 AM
This is, to me, what DLR is all about. Walking down Main Street with the smells, music, and sesonal decorations is the mood maker for me. We love to sit and regroup and plan our day there!

Gone2Disneyland
04-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Complain about how there's always a line at the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor, even at night!!! LOL. :p

That fact that it's Sunday morning as I type this may be influencing my choice here, but my favorite thing to do on Main Street, U.S.A. is to have breakfast at the Carnation Café to start off my day. Have my usual Mickey Mouse pancakes paired with either a croissantwich or eggs benedict. Mmmmmmmmm!

nmjohnston874
04-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Have breakfast at Coke Corner with a pastry and blended iced coffee mocha from BRB and watch people rush by for the first rides in the morning.

disneyochem
04-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Goodness--walking down Main Street one of my favorite things to do, knowing what lies at the other end.

Sitting at Carnation Cafe with a bowl of soup, saying hi to Oscar and people watching; getting a waffle cone and sitting on the porch and people watching; checking out the window displays; taking the time to read the tributes on the windows; stopping by the apartment window and saying thanks to Walt; getting a phone call from City Hall on one's birthday; watching the flag retreat ceremony; deciding which way to go when entering DL (left or right?); watching candy being made and then buying it and eating it; shaking the mayor of DL's hand; hopping a ride on the Omnibus (top deck of course!); and.......

We always end every trip to DL with a train ride around the park so I have a family picture of everyone with Main Street in the background for every trip.

What a great thread--brings back great memories (and only 14 more days til I get to experience Main Street!!!!)

rentayenta
04-15-2007, 08:37 AM
There are too many to choose just one but here are a few:

~people watching on the porch while having a snack; pickle, corndog, whatever!

~taking it the sights and smells for the first time upon entering the park

~shopping

~watching the parades

~seeing the kids' reactions to seeing their first character for the trip!

MauiMickey
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I'll submit another vote for having the baked potato soup at Carnation. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

As a seasonal "favourite", I'd have to say watching Believe at Christmas time and having snow fall on Main Street USA is pretty amazing.

futurecm21
04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
I enjoy just about everything on Main Street USA. After all, it was loosely based on my hometown.:)

My favorite things are visiting the silhouette shop, and the ice cream parlor.

The rest of my family enjoys all the shopping opportunities.:rolleyes:

futurecm21

MermaidHair
04-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Great thread! I have never had the luxury of spending much time on Main Street as on past visits I was either young and only there for 1 day so I had to Ride! Ride! Ride! or I was older and a mom and the kids needed to Ride! Ride ! Ride! I am looking forward to doing some major relaxing with some sort of treat and people watching when I go in August without the kids. :~D

Until then, I will have to say that my favorite Main Street activity is waiting as close to the front as I can get at Rope Drop with much anticipation.

disneyhound
04-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Gibson Girl, Coke Corner, Candy Shop, everything really... :D

Foodie
04-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Shopping Shopping Shopping!!!

I love to go in and out of every single store on Main Street...I spend way too much money there...!!

-Foodie:D

crazi4dlr
04-15-2007, 01:18 PM
I love to get a corn dog and sit on the porch and eat it while people watching.

I have never in all my years of going to DL been able to get a seat on the porch. I try but someone always gets there first. I'm not bitter though, I just keep on trying. Someday, ahhhh yes, someday.......`