PDA

View Full Version : DLR Update for Indiana Jones, CA Screamin' and the Cove Bar

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Some scheduling updates....

Indiana Jones Adventure is going to have its Queue Ramp replaced, so starting Monday April 16th, there will be NO Fastpass for the attraction, and a temporary entrance near the normal exit will be the entrance thru May 18th.

California Screamin' will not open until 1 PM starting April 30th (Monday thru Friday) through the fall to allow for construction of Toy Story Mania!

The Cove Bar at DCA will remain open 7 days a week for the rest of the month (April).

cstephens
04-13-2007, 10:24 PM
The Cove Bar at DCA will remain open 7 days a week for the rest of the month (April).

I would be much happier about this if it was the old Cove Bar. Sushi and clam chowder, anyone?

SoCalSteven
04-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Is the Cove bar normally closed some days? Never been there, but there have been many times when I wouldn't mind grabbing a drink. I've always been afraid of what the prices might be like though...not that $6 for a beer or margarita is a bargain.

Darkbeer
04-14-2007, 06:13 AM
The Cove Bar beers are $4.79 for the generics, and $5.49 for the good stuff (Karl Strauss), cocktails are around $7 maybe a bit more depending on the type of alcohol in the drink. Same price as any other bar at the Disneyland Hotels.

And yes, the Cove Bar has just been open on weekends, but they have been open 7 days a week for the last 5 weeks due to Spring Break and has been doing good business. With the last couple of weeks of the 2fer and the decision to have extended hours for DCA had management decide to keep the bar open.

FYI, DCA will close an hour early on Tuesday April 17th for a private party for IBM.

CharmingsWoman
04-14-2007, 07:49 AM
California Screamin' will not open until 1 PM starting April 30th (Monday thru Friday) through the fall to allow for construction of Toy Story Mania!

Does this mean that it will be open on weekends? I'm planning a trip and can't imagine goipng to DCA and not riding Screamin'!

Darkbeer
04-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Does this mean that it will be open on weekends? I'm planning a trip and can't imagine goipng to DCA and not riding Screamin'!

Yes, California Screamin' should be open 7 days a week, just on weekdays they will open 3 hours late. On weekends it should open at 10 AM, the same time the park opens.

Duane
04-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Hello Darkbeer-My wife and I will be visiting the Disneyland Resort June 17-21 from North Carolina. We will have to join you at the Cove Bar for a drink! We typically go to the Uva bar but would love to try the Cove Bar.

MauiMickey
04-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes, California Screamin' should be open 7 days a week, just on weekdays they will open 3 hours late. On weekends it should open at 10 AM, the same time the park opens.

So when an attraction opens late like that, what time do the fastpass machines start giving out passes? Or will the fastpass machines be disconnected for mid-week days?

Darkbeer
04-14-2007, 10:57 AM
So when an attraction opens late like that, what time do the fastpass machines start giving out passes? Or will the fastpass machines be disconnected for mid-week days?

As I understand it, the machines will be turned off until 1 PM, and open at the same time the attraction opens.

Another Dimension
04-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I would be much happier about this if it was the old Cove Bar. Sushi and clam chowder, anyone?

Pucks Cove Bar was an E-Ticket... Disney's Cove Bar is eh.

It just felt and tasted different. :D

I'd much rather go to the Hearthstone... :)

Bummer about Screamin'... 1pm weekday openings all summer. :(

Indy getting some in-park, infrastructure work and no FP for a while... :cool:

tomoyo
04-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Argh, there goes my itinerary for Thursday. :crying: Thank goodness RideMax already updated.

tigga please
04-14-2007, 01:10 PM
i really wish Indy would go down for a refurb all in all. i miss the glory days

crrees
04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
I will be there April 27th - May 1st - am I missing out by not seeing the queue? I heard its really cool - i frequent WDW all the time and see all the cool entrances but is this one that I may have to make an...ehhem unauthorized field trip (quoting dinosaur..ironically)

Darkbeer
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I will be there April 27th - May 1st - am I missing out by not seeing the queue? I heard its really cool - i frequent WDW all the time and see all the cool entrances but is this one that I may have to make an...ehhem unauthorized field trip (quoting dinosaur..ironically)

You will see MOST of the queue, basically the outdoor queue will be closed, as will the first bot of the indoor queue.

But you will see the "good stuff".

vegasmommytoDL
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Indiana Jones Adventure is going to have its Queue Ramp replaced, so starting Monday April 16th, there will be NO Fastpass for the attraction, and a temporary entrance near the normal exit will be the entrance thru May 18th.

Grrrr I expect the park to be super busy the days we go so I sure hope we get to ride Indy!

MrTomMorrow
04-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Hmm... why the imminent closure of the entrance ramp? Was it falling apart?

Rkkm
04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Went to the Cove Bar the Thursday before Easter and had The BestTime! My friend and I sat there for more than three hours. We had great table by the rail, overlooking the lagoon. As the sun went down, we were treated to a beautiful sunset over the park and a lovely view of the twinkling lights of DCA reflecting in the water.

They did a very steady business while we were there (5 p.m. to after 8 p.m.) with lots of folks coming in and lots of turn-over at the tables and bar stools. What tickled us was the number of men coming in as singles or in pairs .. looking for a little respite from fun and families!

The Cove Bar is not a bad place to eat supper if you just want something light. We had large plates of lobster nachos - around $10 a plate, (which may seem pricy - and is - but this IS Disneyland!). The cool thing about the food is that they have samples of each dish behind a glass window so that you know exactly what you are getting and the amount.

I am delighted to know that The Cove Bar will be open full-time for a while. I am sure that act alone will save many a DLR family vacation!:D

hlbtimes2
04-16-2007, 05:51 AM
With splash being down and no fp for Indy that sure doesnt leave many fastpass options in DL!

Darkbeer
04-16-2007, 06:45 AM
^That is only two down out of 7, 5 attractions still have FP at Disneyland, same amount as DCA.

CariBelle
04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Hmm this may move Indy up as the first ride of the day on Monday! It sounds more and more like the park is going to be busier than I thought on the 23-25!

VickiC
04-16-2007, 09:23 AM
It's a Wed, Thur, Fri with no school vacations. Why does everyone think it is going to be busy?

hlbtimes2
04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
It's a Wed, Thur, Fri with no school vacations. Why does everyone think it is going to be busy?

The lack of FP actually lasts a month, not just 3 days. And, that week is going to be a bit busy because its the end of kids price tickets and the end of the S. CA 2'fers (well sort of the end, its the end of the purchase period, they dont have to have the 2nd one used by then like they did last year). I'm hoping I'm wrong and its not busy! We'll be there that weekend, and I would love for it to be quiet.

VickiC
04-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I was responding specifically to Caribelle's post about her visit on those days.

hlbtimes2
04-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I was responding specifically to Caribelle's post about her visit on those days.

Ok, except you said that its a Wed, Thur, Friday and its really a Mon, Tues, Wed. And my answer still applies- that week marks the end of a couple promo's. And, I'm guessing early in the week there will be travel people still in town from Sundays event, that has the park closing early. And, because the park closes early on Sunday, you'll have people that do other things that day and come to the park on Monday/ Tuesday to finish up their vacation.

kewlyloch
04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
So how will the rider swap pass work for Indy if there is no fastpass queue? We will be there May 12-13 and will have our little one with us so we will need to use this when we ride it.