PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could go! (Free Disneyland event from David Koenig!)

jcruise86
04-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Free Special Event

Speaking of 50 years ago, next week author David Koenig. . . will be delivering his "Disneyland: Back to 1955" multimedia presentation for free in Downey, California.

Sponsored by the Friends of the Downey City Library in celebration of National Library Week, the event includes a colorful look back at the park as it was in its first year, audience Q & A, book signing, and light refreshments. Copies of his books, including the snazzy Golden Anniversary Special Limited Edition of Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland, will be offered for sale.

Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Time: 7:00-8:45 p.m.
Location: Barbara J. Riley Community Center, 7810 Quill Dr. (at Rives), Downey, CA 90241
For reservations, call the Downey City Library (562) 904-7360, ext. 32.

Lani
04-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh nice little reminder, jcruise!

If anyone missed it, this little gem of an announcement was tucked in the bottom of David Koenig's article posted this week:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mt070413dk

DSNYDad
04-13-2007, 08:47 PM
:D I just looked it up before coming to the boards. I thought I had forgot and missed it. I'm going to try and make it. Anyone else?

jcruise86
04-17-2007, 10:34 PM
. . . I just looked it up before coming to the boards. I thought I had forgot and missed it. I'm going to try and make it. Anyone else?
I wish.
In fact I'm more jealous of those going to this free event than I am those who will attend the $1,500 Pirate movie.
(I am impressed that the Pirates event will raise a lot of money for charity though.)

Autopia Guy
04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I really wish that I could go to this. Guess Ill be at the next best place though. It sucks that I didn't find out about this earlier, otherwise I might have tried to get the time off from DLR to go to it. Maybe I can ER and just go in full costume... That would be an experience in and of its self.

I hope someone from here is going so that we can at least get a synopsis of what happened. I look forward to it. So someone better be going.

snappy
04-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world!

MarkVI
04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm going for sure!

I work for the city and read about it a while back and we've had flyers all over the parks recently. I wouldn't miss this for anything!

Only 50 minutes to go! :-D

DSNYDad
04-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Ah, wish I would have time to check the boards before I went. I was there, the one taking pictures. Anyway, I'm at work right now, I'll post a report and a couple of pictures tonight after I get home. :cool: