PDA

View Full Version : New Marriott Courtyard or Candy Cane Inn?

wwithers
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I have reservations at both for MA...

I've heard wonderful things about the CCI but I don't know anyone who has stayed at the new Marriott (which I believe is near the Hilton).

Both have comfortable beds (Marriott has some of the most comfortable beds anywhere) and I know the Courtyard is roomy...

Has anyone stayed at both?

Hi-Ho
04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I have not stayed at the Marriott, but we LOVE the CCI!! If the Marriott is new, I imagine it would be very nice and probably similar to most other Marriotts you have stayed in. What we like about the CCI is the ambience. It's quite charming, you can smell the flowers - it just feels cozy. You probably can't go wrong with either choice.

spectromen
04-13-2007, 07:13 PM
The advantage at Candy Cane is the proximity, and more mature foliage and ambiance.

At the Courtyard, you get new rooms, free internet access in the rooms and lobby, a wider selection of food, and the Marriott name (i.e. Rewards points if you're a member.) It's still walkable, but a considerably longer walk.

Personally, I'd say whichever has the better rate for your dates!

luckyamber
04-14-2007, 07:43 AM
The advantage at Candy Cane is the proximity, and more mature foliage and ambiance.

At the Courtyard, you get new rooms, free internet access in the rooms and lobby, a wider selection of food, and the Marriott name (i.e. Rewards points if you're a member.) It's still walkable, but a considerably longer walk.

Personally, I'd say whichever has the better rate for your dates!
I'm pretty sure we had free internet at CCI too.

hlbtimes2
04-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Havent stayed at the Marriott- but have stayed at the CCI. I would choose it just because of location. Its easy to get back and forth from there. I'm afraid the Marriott would be too far for us.

i.love.disneyland
04-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I haven't stayed at THAT Marriott, however I have stayed at the one down the road a ways and it was the nicest room I've personally ever stayed in. I love the CCI as well but the bed at the Marriott I stayed in was so nice, there's no way CCI could beat it.

wwithers
04-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone. My rates are close enough to be the same (a couple of dollars difference).

Does anyone know exactly where the Marriott is? I'm thinking it's kind of by the Hilton.

SeansMom
04-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I can't tell you about the Marriott, but the complaint I had about CCI was the noise from adjoining rooms and from parties of people walking by our door, probably because CCI is an older property. You probably wouldn't get that at the new Marriott, so if "peace and quiet" are important to you, that may be a consideration.

hlbtimes2
04-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Looking at mapquest, I would say the courtyard is at least another 1/2 mile, if not further from the CCI. It says a mile, but you have to take U turns into account.

spectromen
04-14-2007, 10:18 PM
It's up almost to Orangewood Ave, halfway between Katella and Chapman. So in order traveling south on Harbor from Katella, it would be Portofino, Sheraton Park, Convention Way (leading to Marriott and Hilton), Clarion, new motel that used to be Convention Center Inn, then Courtyard, followed by the new Doubletree Suites.

ghoofie
04-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I can't tell you about the Marriott, but the complaint I had about CCI was the noise from adjoining rooms and from parties of people walking by our door, probably because CCI is an older property. You probably wouldn't get that at the new Marriott, so if "peace and quiet" are important to you, that may be a consideration.

I'm not sure I understand this about peace and quiet. Because CCI is a motel, door outside kinda place ? If so, we had an AWFUL experience at a nearby HOTEL..doors indoor. Room next to us was playing LOUD LOUD Rap music all hours into the night. Finally after around 1 or 2 am, we called front desk. It didn't stop. Called front desk again. They said they call but room doesn't answer. I threatened to call the local police if they didn't take appropriate action. It finally stopped...then you could hear lots of people in the room talking REAL loud and laughing. But at CCI, we've ALWAYS had quiet , peaceful stays.

hlbtimes2
04-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Our stays at the CCI have always been very peaceful as well. We have had ground floor rooms and have never heard people above us. We have also not been able to hear people on either side of us. Our last trip the motel was full of highschool music kids. We never heard them when we were in our room. Now and then we have heard voices as they walk by our room, but you can have that in a hotel as well. People walk and talk no matter where they are!