PDA

View Full Version : Working close to the DLR!

mckygirl99
04-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I am so excited! I just transferred to a new school which on Harbor & Water. I am so close now I can smell the churros from work! I may even sneak over there for lunch from time to time.

Does anyone else work super close to the park too??

simnia
04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
I am so excited! I just transferred to a new school which on Harbor & Water. I am so close now I can smell the churros from work! I may even sneak over there for lunch from time to time.

Does anyone else work super close to the park too??

Heh heh heh. You're almost across the street from me. My boss knows by now that when I say I'm going to take a long lunch and I have my camera slung over my shoulder not to expect me back for 2-3 hours!

PM me if you ever want to meet for lunch. I see CMs walking down Harbor Boulevard to work all the time, so the area must be swarming with Disneyland employees and fans.

Bytebear
04-12-2007, 05:32 PM
I am not quite that close, but I have been able to head to the park, and do Soarin' on my lunch hour.

mckygirl99
04-13-2007, 03:57 PM
PM me if you ever want to meet for lunch. I see CMs walking down Harbor Boulevard to work all the time, so the area must be swarming with Disneyland employees and fans.

Will do! I am pregnant right now so I actually won't be starting the school year and I am taking an extended leave of absence after my maternity leave. I will being spending my time walking DL to get the weight off!:D

simnia
04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I will being spending my time walking DL to get the weight off!:D

That's how I go there during lunch: walk. I don't actually go into Disneyland, since I don't have an annual pass, but rather I sample restaurants on its periphery. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to Taco Bell, and about 30 minutes total to get to Katella, then I have to leave time to each lunch and to walk back. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be moving from the area soon up to L.A. County, though. :(