PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn or Park Place Inn?

CariBelle
04-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Some scary reviews at Trip Advisor have made my bro second guess his ressie at Carousel Inn and he has made a second ressie at the Best Western Park Place Inn. So now he doesn't know which hotel to pick lol Anyone stayed at these two and care to give your opinion? The room at the Best Western isn't a "suite" like the Carousel, but it still hasx two queens and a sleeper sofa.

Drince88
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Have you looked at MousePlanet's User Review section? Link at the top of the page.

CariBelle
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Yup, but it's pretty much a toss up for me. They seem pretty even so I was just hoping that someone has been to both and could share a preference.

Malcon10t
04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
We haven't stayed at PPI, but we have stayed at Carousel Inn. The rooms were very nice, and very clean. The breakfast was ok, but we don't do carbs first thing, so we skipped it. I am hoping to stay there later this year in the View Suite. Not sure what you read, but our stay a year ago was very nice.

arabians4ever
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
We loved the Best Western Park Place Inn. The only thing I would ask for is the top floor as I read (on trip advisor) you can hear others running around and seemed noisy. Plus too close to the pool was noisy. Worked for us and it was super quiet (we were still up early anyhow, lol).

Room (370) was very clean, maids were great. Big rooms which is what I loved. tons of space. plus, I loved the fridge, kept the drinks cold (you know, the water bottles, lol)

Plus its so close to the parks, literally right at the lights to cross the street into Disneyland. Breakfeast (upstairs in Captain kids) is basic, muffins, cereal etc. but good enough to get you started but you can trade the free breaky for pancakes (downstairs in restaurant) which we did a few times.

We had no complaints at all. We will be staying there again for sure.

Pat-n-Eil
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Have not stayed at the Carousel, but the BWPPI was very good. You cannot beat the location and there are restaurants nearby too for breakfast or whatever. The rooms are large, they have amenities like a fridge & microwave and did I mention the location? Location, location, location.

I have found that of all the motels on Harbor across from Dland, BWPPI tends to be the most expensive.. but if the cost difference isn't a major factor for you, I would recommend Best Western Park Place Inn to anyone.

DisneylandForever
04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I've stayed at both, and I prefer the Carousel Inn. But you can't go wrong either way.

If I had to choose between the two I would just opt for the cheaper one, which is usually the Carousel.

disneyhound
04-12-2007, 12:56 PM
We have stayed at both and they are similar. My daughter really like the Carousel, she liked the breakfast room that overlooks the park, can also watch the fireworks from that room. The best part of either is their location!

julw
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
We've stayed at both. I like both equally actually. I may give a slight favor to BWPPI because it's a tad bit closer and your room will be a little larger if you are getting the mini-suite (includes a couch). But, as far as room cleanliness and comp breakfasts they are equal to me. I agree with a pp that for BOTH as for a upper floor room to help reduce noise.

CariBelle
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks everyone! The Best Western is actually cheaper than Carousel so maybe we'll just stay at the BW and spend the extra $25 a night at the park!

emilousmom
04-12-2007, 03:29 PM
We love the BWPPI. Never stayed at the other one though. We did stay at the Camelot last time and it was horrible and I was so mad at myself for not spending the extra $10 at BWPPI! We will only stay at BWPPI from now on!

nvmom
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
We did stay at the Camelot last time and it was horrible and I was so mad at myself for not spending the extra $10 at BWPPI!

Can I jump in off topic and ask what was horrible about the Camelot? We've stayed their twice and have been very pleased.

nvmom

disneyfan4ever54
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
We love the Carousel Inn and will be staying there again next month. I just read the reviews on Trip Advisor for the last two months and didn't see any "scary reviews" as mentioned. What were the negative reviews about? I've never heard of any real negative things about the Carousel Inn, just minor things such as the rooms being smaller, etc. We've never had any problems there.

Malcon10t
04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
We love the Carousel Inn and will be staying there again next month. I just read the reviews on Trip Advisor for the last two months and didn't see any "scary reviews" as mentioned. What were the negative reviews about? I've never heard of any real negative things about the Carousel Inn, just minor things such as the rooms being smaller, etc. We've never had any problems there.
The Carousel has extremely nice suites. They are at the end of the rows, under the breakfast room, and overlook Disneyland. We really like the carousel.

We too have stayed at the Camelot, and really like it. Not sure why the other poster didn't, but then I have stayed at the Del Sol, and it is the one strip motel I will never stay at again, although many here seem to like it. Reasons- THIN walls (thinner than others on the strip), rooms smelled moldy, floor was wet, and kids said "This place is gross."

emilousmom
04-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Can I jump in off topic and ask what was horrible about the Camelot? We've stayed their twice and have been very pleased.

nvmom

It was just that we just had a bad experience! Our room was stinky, and it was upstairs, but the first room when you came in from the park. So it was SOOOOO loud all night. And the bed was really uncomfortable.

We just need the room to sleep in and I couldn't,lol. My hubs and the kid slept fine!

I did like that we could park 2 cars there and the breakfast room was nice! I just relaly liked the BWPPI.

PirateSmile
04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I've been to both. We liked each hotel, but thought Carousel was better.

CariBelle
04-13-2007, 07:44 AM

I just looked at the first two pages of TA and saw several unsteller reviews. I think the BW is just a safer bet.

The Blue Parrot
04-14-2007, 05:58 AM
IMHO, their best rooms are all the way in the back. The two story section. Usually quiet and clean. And when I get back to the room after a day or afternoon at the Park, that's what counts with me. Especially the quiet...

AlbertaMinnie
04-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Oh, I always request a room on the 5th floor of the Carousel (but not directly under the pool). There's nothing better than that view of DCA in the morning when you open your door....or being able to look back at the beautiful lights of DCA as you've reached your room after a long day at the parks. Unfortunately though, their prices have really gone up and we aren't staying there this summer. Oh, I almost forgot....if you do stay at the Carousel...don't assume that all the standard rooms are the same. Last year, our friends stayed right next door to us (on the 5th floor!) and their room was actually much smaller than ours!!!!!

debrobal
04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
We have stayed at BWPPI twice, most recently in January '07 and had a great experience both times. Their mini suites are really just large hotel rooms but the extra space came in handy with 3 little ones! We loved having a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The location can't be beat and the continental breakfast was definitely better than the one at the Tropicana. Unfortunately, no rooms are available for our trip in May so we will be staying at the Carousel for the 1st time. I really haven't heard much negative about the Carousel except that the rooms are small so I am looking forward to our stay there.

The Blue Parrot
04-19-2007, 12:23 AM
One night, March 24th. Got room 401. Quiet. Considering how tired I was, this was a good thing. Room had a queen size bed in the front and bunk beds in the back with a tv in each room.

First time I had been in one of these rooms. Would be good for a family of four.

Room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioning was on and the temperature was nice when I first got into the room.

Got a sandwhich from Quiznos after 9 pm for a late snack. Busy place!

Going back for two nights in June.