PDA

View Full Version : Brief trip Report April 8-11

CHRISNU7
04-11-2007, 09:06 PM
We are just returned.
Thought I'd pass on minor details.
Not terribly crowded, maybe 40% max. occupancy.
Weather is nippy, but perfect for Dland. Better to have some overcast and fresh air than have hot and dry santa ana's.

14 minute line at 8:30am this morning for Star Tours.
Wilderness Trail Ride (train) was jam packed.

Seems like there were several park failures. The Jedi Academy was cancelled, after about 100 boys waited for quite some time...which is hard to understand since it's just guys in costumes. Maybe the floors open or something?

Grizzly Run was shut down yesterday. POTC was also closed yesterday...a damn near national disaster. Monorail also conked out yesterday, so we were stranded for awhile.

Long and miserable line for Dumbo....only made worse by the two women who tried to sneak/stay on the ride and wouldnt get off (geez!)

Waited for the Silhouette Studio - they open two hours after gate openings.

I like Village Haus every time I eat there. Tomorrowland hamburger and fruit plate was awesome. The chicken tenders in New Orleans suck wind.
But, the complete sit down breakfast we had there was excellent, e.g. Monte Christo.
My 2.5 year old did Junge Cruise twice. And, my normally skittish 6.5 year old stepped up to enjoy scarier rides; Haunted House, Indiana Jones, and Star Tours.

Stayed at Disneyland Hotel. Our Express Menu breakfast, ordered the night before, was delivered poorly and late. So, for smaller kids, order it 1/2 earlier than wanted.
I loved the larger room size...also very clean. We have now stayed at all three resort hotels more than once.
Pool has its usual "accident" and closed for an hour. But, this also happened at Grand Calif. when we had early dinner at Storytellers (love that place).
The pool water is not "warm" but still fine. Nice little jacuzzi...my only complaint is there's no healthy food or quick/easy food trhoughout the day at Disneyland Hotel.
Grand Calif. has a fabulous and affordable deli...so one can grab a sandwhich or juice/fruit all day long.
On this trip, my biggest mistake was not bringing full meal ingredients...
we needed more than snacks...but the watermelon (pricey) was awesome.

We headed to the park early every day, then left about 11:00am, to nap and regroup. This worked really for us...

All in all, for Spring Break, a very fun & safe trip.

Chris - Carlsbad, CA

samsma
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Glad you had a nice trip, and it wasn't too busy!
The "Wilderness Trail Ride(Train)" that you spoke of, is that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad? I have never heard of that before. Or do you mean the Disneyland Railroad? Couldn't figure that one out.

Califgirl
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey Chris from Carlsbad, I'm Chris from Vista (used to be from Carlsbad)!

You're the only person I've heard of who likes Village Haus food. What did you order?

I'm pleased to hear that the crowds weren't too bad during Easter Week. Glad you had a fun time!

Bumbershoot
04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Nice report of your trip. How is the Disneyland hotel? Is it nice for the price?