PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Season Passes

CharmingsWoman
04-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Hello all!

My fiance and I are planning on getting season passes for Disneyland in California, but we weren't sure of the best way to get them. Should we go to The Disney Store, disneyshopping.com, or over the phone.

Any and all help would be great!

nmjohnston874
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
We have always purchsed tickets in advance, then on the last day of our stay, bought APs at the Bank on Main St. They deduct the cost of the tickets from the price of the APs. You can eek out a few extra days on your AP that way..

DizneyMommy
04-10-2007, 12:26 PM
You can also buy multi-day tickets and annual passes at Vons. Way shorter lines at the grocery store than at the main gate ticket booths. You get to take the ticket from Vons directly to the turnstile.

JookyG
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
My experience is that when you "trade in" your park hopper passes for an Annual Pass, the new pass is dated for the first day your park hopper was used. So you don't get any extra days out of the deal.

The main advantage to the trade-in approach, that I can see, is that a 3-day or more park hopper lets you do an Early Entry day, and APs don't have this benefit. So I always wait until after I've used my Early Entry to trade in my park hopper for a pass.

And if you've never seen Fantasyland in the afternoon, that one hour is SOOOOO worth it. The land is practically empty that first hour. Last time I was able to get on 6 rides in a hour. Granted it was a weekday, but it's still worth it, if only to see the sidewalks completely clear.

hlbtimes2
04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
The main advantage to the trade-in approach, that I can see, is that a 3-day or more park hopper lets you do an Early Entry day, and APs don't have this benefit. So I always wait until after I've used my Early Entry to trade in my park hopper for a pass.

You can also work around some blackout dates by upgrading a hopper.

StitchesGlitch
04-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Off topic: Are the early entry days all year round or just in the peak times?
thanks!

CharmingsWoman
04-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone! We're going there in July this year, then at Christmas and again next year around April. That trade in option sounds great for the early entry use. But would they issue a new pass, or would my Park Hopper become my season pass?

I know that the early admission is year-round, you can check with any CMs and they can tell you the days that week that are open. And at WDW, each day is a set day for the different parks. (I may be mistaken, but thats what I read in a travel book for WDW.)

Darkbeer
04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
You will have to go to the Bank of Main Street with your parkhopper to exchange it for an AP, but if you ordered an AP online, or bought a voucher at the Disney Store or at the Ticket Windows, you still have to go to the Bank of Main Street to get your photo taken and supply your information. So enjoy your Early Entry and make sure there are no blockout dates on your first visit, and then upgrade.

Early Entry is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays year round. Most of Fantasyland and some Tomorrowland attractions open early for those with the marked ticket. The two days I know that will not feature Early Entry is Saturday May 19th (the park opens at 6:30 AM for everyone) and Thursday, June 14th, since they are holding an Grad Nite on Wednesday the 13hth (the only Wednesday Grad Nite).

DCA does not offer Early Entry.