PDA

View Full Version : cheap hotels in Disneyland area for 1 night?

silence
04-10-2007, 08:22 AM
We are traveling down from Sacramento late on a Sunday evening for our upcoming trip. Original plan was to stop along I5 at a cheap Motel 6 like place and get up early to finish the drive.

Now I'm concerned about Monday commute traffic. We are staying at the PP for the rest of the week, but I don't want to pay that much just for one night. Are there any cheap (but CLEAN) hotels anyone can recommend just for a quick night's stay that are in the general area?

simnia
04-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Are there any cheap (but CLEAN) hotels anyone can recommend just for a quick night's stay that are in the general area?

My personal favorite is Alpine Inn, on Katella Avenue. I don't know what the rate is now, but it was far less than other hotels around, and there's a pedestrian entrance to the Timba lot (therefore tram service) a very short distance from the motel. It was very clean, and since I especially like old style (mid-century) motels, this one fit my taste perfectly.

Midway down this page are some pics I took of it, and their contact info, if that interests you:

http://www.simnia.com/dl/dl-periphery/dl-periphery_katella_b.htm

If by "general area" you include Westminster, Stanton, Buena Park, and La Habra, there are particularly inexpensive motels that whole distance along Beach Boulevard, some old, some new, all clean that I've found, although the bathrooms, windows, etc. can be pretty shabby in maintenance.

CariBelle
04-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites is across the street from Dland, clean, comfy, and runs about $60 on an average night. It's the place that my boyfriend and I always stay.

DisneylandForever
04-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Anaheim Plaza

I agree. Always cheaper than the others on "the strip."

I also notice that the Super 8 right around the corner on 415 W. Katella is consistently inexpensive.

Wallad1075
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Theres a Travelodge just before the ramp to go into Mickey and Friends. Rates there were as low as like $55. Fairly decent rooms. If you're just looking for a place to crash. Short walk over to the trams or like a 2 min car ride.

oregontraveler
04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I also notice that the Super 8 right around the corner on 415 W. Katella is consitently inexpensive.

I stayed there one night in '04, was clean and cheap. I timed out the walk to
the esplanade at about 18 minutes. Although you will probably be driving over
to PP the next day.

Mark Mywords
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I've used priceline.com's "Name your own price" bidding system in situations like what you're talking about. You should be able to get a really nice 3 star hotel within 2 miles of the park for about $50. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com for info on rates that people are currently getting.

retlawfan
04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I agree with bigugly. Research on bidingfortravel.com, then use priceline.com. Great *** rooms for cheap.

We have had the Hyatt Regency on Harbor Blvd many times for $50 per night. Remember there are no guarantees though. But, if you use 3*, you will have a very nice place.

Good Luck!

Malcon10t
04-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I've used priceline.com's "Name your own price" bidding system in situations like what you're talking about. You should be able to get a really nice 3 star hotel within 2 miles of the park for about $50. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com for info on rates that people are currently getting.
I've just started using Priceline and now I am getting addicted. It is surprising the deals you can get.

katiesue
04-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I've used hotwire and had great success. I got the Crowne Plaza for like $60 and then just last weekend the Raddison for around $75. If it's just one night and you don't mind being a little further away possibly it's great.

sjcivilady
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm also a fan of Biddingfortravel.com and Hotwire. I usually see a 2* for about $35 whenever I check hotwire - and I'm pretty sure it's an Extended Stayamerica. My brother stayed there last summer and said it was fine. They would stay there again. (the one on Clementine)

sjcivilady
04-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm also a fan of Biddingfortravel.com and Hotwire. I usually see a 2* for about $35 whenever I check hotwire - and I'm pretty sure it's an Extended Stayamerica. My brother stayed there last summer and said it was fine. They would stay there again. (the one on Clementine)
ooops! I think the one I use is betterbidding.com :)

The Blue Parrot
04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Don't forget this one...

Motel 6 on Disney Way, east of Harbor Blvd. A former Red Roof Inn, remodeled. I got a room for $63 for one Friday night at the end of this month. My family stayed here for a weekend trip back in February and said it was just fine. Rooms were good and they didn't mind the extra minutes from the Park. They drove to and from, parking in the Parking Structure.

www.motel6.com

Malcon10t
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Don't forget this one...

Motel 6 on Disney Way, east of Harbor Blvd. A former Red Roof Inn, remodeled. I got a room for $63 for one Friday night at the end of this month. My family stayed here for a weekend trip back in February and said it was just fine. Rooms were good and they didn't mind the extra minutes from the Park. They drove to and from, parking in the Parking Structure.

www.motel6.comIts on the B route of ART. I think the 2nd stop. Real convenient.