PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's 40th Anniversay Celebration

kewlyloch
04-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Hi all. Quick question for you. I am planning a trip to DL in May. My mom (who lives in So Cal) said that she heard on the radio there (Mark and Brian) that there is a big celebration for the Pirates 40th anniversary starting on the 10th of May (they are giving tickets away for it). I haven't seen anything about this on Mouseplanet. Only that the movie premiere will be on the 19th. Does anyone know about this? Are the crowds expected to big because of this? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jennifer

yenko427
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I checked it out on Mark and Brian's website as we will be there that day. It looks like they are hosting a private party from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. on 4/10 at Disneyland. It appears that you can win tickets to the event. Not sure if things like this impact the park attendance earlier in the evening. I believe DL closes at 8 p.m. that day.

kewlyloch
04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks. We are planning on going on the 12th. It doesn't sound like this will affect us.

yenko427
04-09-2007, 01:31 PM
It is hard to say if it will affect regular park attendance. I am guessing not. You will probably need a special admittance ticket to get in to the late private party and it is hard to say if it will include admission to getting in earlier......?

WITron
04-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I know the actual date of the anniversary,March 18th, they had a merchandise release and signing. They also handed out stickers.

olegc
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
according to the DIsneyland web site- the park itseld will close at 8pm. So - this is a completely private party held by KLOS and Mark and Brian. They are giving away a TON of tickets - so it may not be THAT wide open.. but it is private ;-)..

yenko427
04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I read the rules for the contest on winning tickets and it appears that you have to be a resident of CA, particularly certain areas. I was going to try and win tickets but since I am here in WA State, it does not do me much good.