PDA

View Full Version : Question about Princess Fantasy Faire

Empico
04-09-2007, 08:21 AM
The Disneyland.com calendar shows most of the entertainment for May and June. The Princess Fantasy Faire is not listed for those months. I read a little blurb about it being replaced by the Tinker Bell Fairy Fantasy Faire. Does anyone know about this? My DH and I are taking our DD, her DH and her four DDs (ages 3, 6, 9, and 11) in June. All us girls were really looking forward to the PFF.

samkj
04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
OK, hoestly the Princess fantasy faire was a nightmare for our girls. The line to meet the princesses is by far the slowest line in the park. We were about the 20th family in line when it opened, and we still waited for over an hour, nearly 2 hours total (we go there 40 minutes before the PFF even opened) The two of the three princesses that we did finally see we had met previously at Ariel's Grotto. My recommendation, if it is running, skip the autograph line watch the story time and get the girls hair done(at opening when the line is short), then head over to Ariel's Grotto for lunch where you will meet five princesses while comfortably sitting at your table enjoying a meal.

oregontraveler
04-09-2007, 09:50 AM
My recommendation, head over to Ariel's Grotto for lunch where you will meet five princesses while comfortably sitting at your table enjoying a meal.

The Princess lunch is the best for seeing all the characters at one time
and the food is pretty good too.

DangerMouse
04-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Words cannot express how much I dislike the PFF. I really wish they would place the princesses back in front of the castle for greets. Perhaps just have a princess show or storytelling in the Fantasyland Theatre.

Empico
04-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know if we'll even have the chance to wait in line in June? Or will the PFF be replaced by Tinker Bell. We love her too, just wondering. And we are going to Ariel's Grotto to make sure the girls get to see some of the princesses. Actually, after thinking about it, there is so much to do. If the PFF isn't available that's just more time for other fun.

woody9six
04-09-2007, 12:26 PM
I'd be interested in finding this out as well. My daughter loved the PFF, so she'll be disappointed if it isn't there. So if anyone can hep us to the goings on, I'd appreciate it!

Empico
04-09-2007, 12:56 PM
This was on Insidear.com from 10/9/2006:
"The Princess Fantasy Faire opened just in time for an announcement from Disney Marketing that it would be closed and replaced with the Tinker Bell Fairy Fantasy Faire."
Is it true?

ChipmunkStar
04-09-2007, 01:02 PM
From the same webpage:

Year of a Million Dreams Update

As of Monday morning, the "Dream Team" had already given out all 1,000,000 of the Year of a Million Dreams prizes. "We didn't expect them to go so fast," said one cast member, "but it was so fun we just couldn't stop." Management is still trying to decide whether they will change the name of the event to "Week of a Million Dreams" or just hope that nobody notices. In any case, it is much to early to announce next year's "Year of a Million Pirates" campaign."

Judging from the other "updates" on there, I think it's safe to say that you've been had.

emilousmom
04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
I have no idea if they are doing away with it???

I hated the thing thought. Glad you are doing the lunch cause it is much better. Thank god I have a 4 year old that lost interesting waiting in line and let us go. I think the line to meet them is worse than any ride! It looks so short, and then you wait and wait and wait a little more,lol. The kid watched the story which was great. Then she was happy. Mind you, we did the lunch so she had seen Cinderella and was happy.

Another fun thing is at DCA over by the animation building. They do a little dance number with 3 CM and drawings. It is front of the animation building or by Monsters Inc. My daughter was picked and got a great drawing of Cinderella and she was there. They did it a lot through out the day.

Ang

Malcon10t
04-09-2007, 01:44 PM
The Disneyland.com calendar shows most of the entertainment for May and June. The Princess Fantasy Faire is not listed for those months. I read a little blurb about it being replaced by the Tinker Bell Fairy Fantasy Faire. Does anyone know about this? My DH and I are taking our DD, her DH and her four DDs (ages 3, 6, 9, and 11) in June. All us girls were really looking forward to the PFF.Actually, very little entertainment is listed for those months. Note, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies aren't listed, neither is the flag retreat... I wouldn't worry about it yet.

ChipmunkStar
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM
An even BETTER example of what I was trying to get across:

From the same website:

This site is not endorsed, approved, reviewed, or acknowledged by the Walt Disney Corporation. All information on this site is, to the best of our knowledge, false, and any resemblance to real insider information is purely coincidental. If any significant true information slips through, we apologize for that. Since we don't check any of what passes for facts around here, mistakes are bound to happen. Contents © 2005 Pants Aflame Productions, so don't go stealing anything, okay?

Empico
04-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I would discount the info on that site except that the PFF is not listed on the official Disneyland site calendar for May or June. I'm not going to say all the other entertainment is listed but it appears that most of it is listed. We're well into April so the May entertainment information should be fairly complete. And PFF is not there. So what's up with that?

neverlander
04-09-2007, 02:48 PM
My recommendation, if it is running, skip the autograph line watch the story time and get the girls hair done(at opening when the line is short), then...
Sorry if this has been asked, but how much are the hair-dos at PFF, and how do they compare (quality-wise) to Libby Lu Dos?

Malcon10t
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I called the Disneyland AP line and asked about the PFF. The answer was "It should be on the Entertainment Schedule." It was on hers. She said the hours for the PFF thru most of May is scheduled to be 10am-6pm. She was also going to pass along the fact that it wasn't online.

Empico
04-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Thank you Malcon10t.

samkj
04-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Well good luck to you, hopefully you have better luck than we did. Since the line takes so redicuously long (it was well over 2 hours long soon after we got in line) and the Princesses change every 20 minutes or so you have no idea who you will be seeing. We will hit Ariel's grotto, and DCA (asking at the information desk to find out times) for Princesses from now on. The lines near the castle were a million times better than the PFF.

DangerMouse
04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Well good luck to you, hopefully you have better luck than we did. Since the line takes so redicuously long (it was well over 2 hours long soon after we got in line) and the Princesses change every 20 minutes or so you have no idea who you will be seeing. We will hit Ariel's grotto, and DCA (asking at the information desk to find out times) for Princesses from now on. The lines near the castle were a million times better than the PFF.

I agree 110%! :D

Seashellmama
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
We didn't even consider waiting in the line to see the princesses- my 5yo DD absolutely loved the coronation ceremony, and then the storytelling. We, aah, neglected to let her see the store area or hairdo opportunities. She worked hard on putting the stickers on her crown (as did her 2yo sister). It was all much less awful than I had feared, and successfully diffused a very bad situation with the accidental viewing of the Jedi Training (which was going GREAT, watching from behind the Jedi kids, right up until the stormtroopers came in and the Jedis were told to lie down, putting audience-member DD right in the apparent line of fire. Turns out, not all 5 year olds have a strong sense of the fantasy aspects of "stage show in the round.")

Tinkermommy
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry if this has been asked, but how much are the hair-dos at PFF, and how do they compare (quality-wise) to Libby Lu Dos?

I just had my daughter's very long, very thick hair done at PFF last week. The wait was almost unbearable (there were 12 little girls ahead of us), but the hairstyle was awesome. The CM had a heck of a time getting her ton of hair into a princess style, but she did it beautifully!

The price list says it ranges from $18 to $25, and my daughter's came to $26 and change. It listed a basic charge, then two charges of $3 each for "enhancements." I'm not sure what those were -- I was just happy to have her hair look so elegant! They put yellow ribbon and yellow rosebuds in her hair, and sprayed the bun part of her hair with glitter. It lasted all day, and still looked passable after sleep. (She wouldn't let me take it out before bed -- LOL) I think I got my money's worth just in bobby pins. We skipped the face painting, which is done in the same line.

The PFF hair is, in my opinion, more Disney princess while Libby Lu's makeovers are more pop princess. (At least the LL makeovers we've seen.)

I thought the PFF hair was worth every penny; if nothing else, to see my daughter so happy with her princess hair!

JustMe29
04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I agree with almost everything that has been said. We did the story telling a few times and also the coronation ceremony. We had her hair and make up done too - cost about $35 all together. We too went to Ariel's Grotto instead of waiting in the long lines at PFF.

Have fun.

MrTomMorrow
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I have no idea if they are doing away with it???

I hated the thing thought. Glad you are doing the lunch cause it is much better. Thank god I have a 4 year old that lost interesting waiting in line and let us go. I think the line to meet them is worse than any ride! It looks so short, and then you wait and wait and wait a little more,lol. The kid watched the story which was great. Then she was happy. Mind you, we did the lunch so she had seen Cinderella and was happy.

Another fun thing is at DCA over by the animation building. They do a little dance number with 3 CM and drawings. It is front of the animation building or by Monsters Inc. My daughter was picked and got a great drawing of Cinderella and she was there. They did it a lot through out the day.

Ang

oh yeah! Drawn to the Magic... I love that show. Mickey is always there, and there's always a princess (usually Cinderella, and sometimes Princess Aurora.). Sometimes there are princess meet and greets inside the animation building as well.

babytmakes5
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM

When we went to DLR last November, we had my daughter's hair done at both Libby Lu and the PFF. We much preferred the 'do she received at PFF. It wasn't anymore expensive, but we were able to "customize" it. She was wearing her Aurora t-shirt that day, and the stylist made sure to match all the flowers and ribbons to her outfit. At Libby Lu's we were only able to choose from a couple of basic styles with no option of pretty flowers or ribbons. For the price we did get a pretty nice tiara though. We would definitely bring her back to PFF for another hair-do, and we'd save Libby Lu for a trip to the mall with her friends. Have fun!