PDA

View Full Version : AP Renewal & 1st Day Issue

darby888
04-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi, this is my first time posting. I've taken advantage of all the useful information on this board for a few months now. I live in Santa Clarita & have one daughter who's about to turn 3. I got my first SCAP last April & convinced my husband & my mother to get theirs also. My first couple of visits to Disneyland with just my daughter were completely overwhelming. But thanks to everyone on this board, the knowledge of gained here has made such a difference in the way I conduct my trips.

In looking through previous posts, I discovered the benefit of first day issue & the ability of a new passholder to enter the park even if it is on a blockout date. My question is, does this also apply to first day of renewal if your card hasn't expired or only after it's expired?

darby888
04-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes, but the First day of use with an AP is NEVER blocked out, so you can buy a SoCal Select on a Sunday and visit the park that day.

There is a current thread talking about the First Day issue....

Does anyone know if this also applies to the first day on an AP renewal?

Malcon10t
04-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Does anyone know if this also applies to the first day on an AP renewal?
If you renew by mail, no. If you really want to go on that day, how about just going to the park, buy a new AP there. I usually buy a parkhopper for the first few days and then upgrade. They use my previously stored info so its pretty fast.