PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Newbie on Dream Job Trip

Pages : [1] 2

kennythepirate
04-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey guys I was fortunate enough to be a winner in the careerbuilder/disneydreamjobs pirate category. This will be our first trip to DL/DCA. I was wondering:

1. Do you have any great tips?
2. What are the best places to eat? Best character meals for kids?
3. Do they offer Early Entry into DCA? I see on here about EE for Fantasyland and for Toontown, but nothing for DCA.
4. Any ideas for touring the parks.
Trip will be June 9-12.
Thanks,
kennythepirate

disneyhound
04-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Congratulations!!!

DCA does not have an EE.

The Fantasmic Balcony seats are a treat. You might enjoy the break from the crowds during the busy summer season...

kennythepirate
04-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I had read on here that Fantasmic is still supposed to be dark then.?

PanFan
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Yes, F! shouldn't be starting again until June 15. One thing I just recommended on another thread was to buy the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. I bought the one for WDW and it was the best purchase I could have made. We were able to hit everything we wanted to in all of the parks in 3 1/2 days using their touring plans. It's also filled with helpful hints and little things to look for that you'd never know were there. Honestly, I haven't seen the DL one, but if it's even close to the WDW version, you won't regret it.

Niwel
04-08-2007, 08:50 PM
WAHOO!!!
Excellent!
There are so many great tips.... poke around on the board and read up on some of the trip reports. :)

backsthepack
04-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Congrats!!!! I guess we will see you there! LOL! We will be there the 8th through the 12th!
Just take everything that you can in while you are there. Enjoy every minute even if it is just sitting on a bench catching a break. It is magical just being there.

kennythepirate
04-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats!!!! I guess we will see you there! LOL! We will be there the 8th through the 12th!
Just take everything that you can in while you are there. Enjoy every minute even if it is just sitting on a bench catching a break. It is magical just being there.

Love to meet you. Just look for the whacky pirate dream job guy.

DangerMouse
04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Kenny, can you post a link to the video you submitted? I voted weeks ago, and forget how many videos I watched. I'd love to see which wacky pirate you are.

kennythepirate
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Kenny, can you post a link to the video you submitted? I voted weeks ago, and forget how many videos I watched. I'd love to see which wacky pirate you are.

Glad to do it...

http://www.careerbuilder.com/disneydreamjobs/dream-job-applicant.asp?jtid=1&ytid=lODEMDOz3x8

neverlander
04-09-2007, 03:19 PM
That video is too cute! My suggestion is for your family to photograph/film as much as you can (while still being in the moment, of course). I'm sure you'll do that, but boy, what a cool experience for your entire family to cherish forever. I'll bet your kids are proud! Congratulations!

kennythepirate
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
That video is too cute! My suggestion is for your family to photograph/film as much as you can (while still being in the moment, of course). I'm sure you'll do that, but boy, what a cool experience for your entire family to cherish forever. I'll bet your kids are proud! Congratulations!

Thanks! My son (8) said, "Can we talk about this more on the airplane? Right now I want to play Star Wars." Then 10 minutes later said, "You mean you can ACTUALLY battle against Darth Vader? Cool!" Then went back to his video game. LOL

I'm probably going to drive them all nuts with my hyper Disney planning. I'm not commando when we get there, just in the planning of it. :D

Yeah, they are very proud and excited. Look forward to getting that 800 # to start the plans rolling!

houseofmouse
04-09-2007, 05:51 PM
We'll be there too! We'll look for ya!;) Love the video! Have a great time being a pirate for a day!! What awesome memories you will always have.

rentayenta
04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Congrats! Very cool video!

evrythngwmn
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I agree, great video. Hope you have a great time.

kennythepirate
04-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Thanks guys!

backsthepack
04-10-2007, 05:47 AM
That video is great! How exciting for you guys. We will be sure to look for you while we are there. Good luck with the "job" and enjoy your trip!

Mickeygirlforever
04-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh how fun!! I didn't even know about this contest :(, good for you though!! I love pirates.....have a magical time!!

kennythepirate
04-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks!

dawnid
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
1. Check out Disneyland's web site www.disneyland.disney.go.com, you can order a vaction planning DVD - FREE!
2. Use Priority Seating for any table service restaurant - 714-781-dine
3. The breakfast location with the fewest characters is Storytellers @ DGCH, I like the food better at Goofy's Kitchen - DLH over Plaza Inn in DL but I think for character attendance they are about even.
4. Try to hit the "popular" rides early in the day (before 11) or during parade times.
5. If you see my daughter Alanna in Fantasyland wave and say her mother says "Hi!" - LOL

Have a great time!

PS - Check out Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - perfect humor for an 8 year old boy, my son who is now 19 still thinks its the best.

kennythepirate
04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
What are the best and worst character meals?

kmv1109
04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Chili in a Bread Bowl and Billy Hill and Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe.

Karin
04-13-2007, 04:56 PM
What day is "your" day to be a pirate, kenny? Or is it mutiple days?

kennythepirate
04-13-2007, 05:01 PM
June 11th.

funatdisney
04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Congrats! What an exciting thing to happen to you and your family! What fun you will have. What do you get to do? Do you act along with the pirates at DL? I just may have to come and see you if you do.

kennythepirate
04-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Congrats! What an exciting thing to happen to you and your family! What fun you will have. What do you get to do? Do you act along with the pirates at DL? I just may have to come and see you if you do.

Details are still a little sketchy right now. Should have something to do with the pirate show. I'll fill you guys in as soon as we have the itenerary.