PDA

View Full Version : Great time at Disneyland, but Wow so busy!

ochibiyo
04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
HI there! We just returned from Spring Break at DL and it was great!! We celebrated both my niece and nephew's birthday, loved the smiles and excitement that came from them! And YEAH, the train was working! My nephew was out of orbit when he saw it, plus the monorail was running as well. But WOW, the park was crazy busy from Wednesday and even more so on Friday! Although it was, it was soooooo much fun! The best part was from my little niece who is 2. We went on King Arthur's carousel and I was trying to find Jiggles. Thanks to Darkbeer and DaddyB for the pictures of him and the history. Anyway, I was carrying her around trying to find him and out of the blue, my niece starts to yell saying she wants that horse! I looked at it and there was Jiggles! She hasn't even seen the horse and she picked it. Another great one was my nephew, it was his first time on Star Tours, and when we came out he said he wanted to go on the ride again, but he wanted another driver! HAHAHAHA, it was great! Has anyone had a wonderful line like that, whether it was from a little one or a first timer at DL? I would love to hear it! The only bummer on this trip was that I never saw a Dream Squad person handing out something EVER! Someone has to tell me how to get this, I suck!:p

missm
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
We were there Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It was insanity on Wed and Fri. It reminded me why I only go during the winter season. So much fun though. I am working on getting all my reviews done so I can write up my trip report and include links in it. We had some great times and a few bad times. But yeah Spring break was crazy but so worth it to be in DL.

Malcon10t
04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
We were there Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It was insanity on Wed and Fri. It reminded me why I only go during the winter season. So much fun though. I am working on getting all my reviews done so I can write up my trip report and include links in it. We had some great times and a few bad times. But yeah Spring break was crazy but so worth it to be in DL.
Let us know how you did. Weren't you going to have a young cousin/niece with you? How did it go?

missm
04-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Let us know how you did. Weren't you going to have a young cousin/niece with you? How did it go?

That day went terrible. I was miserable at my favorite place. I've just got a few more reviews to write and then I will do my trip report. But here's a little preview of that day. Anna (Rick's niece) refused to go on any rides. We would get in line and she would freak out. Thank god her mom and Joel (husband) decided to join us later in the day. Even then she was horrible. We had to force her to go on rides. Of course she liked the rides afterward. Rick was so mad too. We paid a lot of money to take her there (and do the Minnie and friends breakfast) and she was not a pleasant person. By the end of the day she threw her mouse ears on the ground and was bawling. We didn't make a big day out of it either. We slept in and they didn't have her there late. They left about 7 ish. We tried everything to please her. But we ended up sitting on benches for 3 hours before her mom got there. We kept asking her what she wanted to do and she would say nothing. We were going to take her back to the whole hotel and swim but she wanted nothing to do with that either. I was so glad we had 3 more days left in the park after that. I promise there is more to come.

Shinku
04-08-2007, 08:14 PM
We went on King Arthur's carousel and I was trying to find Jiggles.
:eek: :eek: It sounds like a stripper-horse! lol I'm hoping you meant Jingles?

mousemom
04-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow it sounds too busy for me over there! Question...Is it going to be like this all through April? If so I'll wait for Splash Mountain to reopen in May!

Malcon10t
04-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Wow it sounds too busy for me over there! Question...Is it going to be like this all through April? If so I'll wait for Splash Mountain to reopen in May!
It shoulld quiet down after the 15th.