PDA

View Full Version : Yo ho, yo ho, a Disney birthday for me!

The Real Cinderella
04-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Just some exciting news I wanted to share with everyone: I've decided to go to Disneyland for my birthday this month! The last time I was there was September, and for those of you hard-core fans, you can understand how I have a screeching Disneyland monkey on my back. It's been, like, seven months! Oh the horror!!

The plan is to do the parks on the 27th (my birthday) and 28th with my boyfriend, my best friend, and her husband. Kind of sad that I'll miss the Mouse Adventure on the 29th, I've been dying to play but never seem to be able to make it out that weekend. If any of you Adventurers are in the parks a day or two early, keep an eye out for me! (I'll be the brown haired girl with the birthday sticker. That narrows it down, I'm sure ... haha! :) ) I love meeting fellow Mouseplaneters.

Be on the lookout for a trip report!

Rkkm
04-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Just spent a friend's 45th birthday yesterday in both parks. What a blast! From the moment the CM at the Main Gate said "Happy Birthday, Lynette!", We were off on a really great day.

Our first stop was City Hall to get a Birthday Badge sticker for her. Then we rode the train to NOS and had lunch at Blue Bayou. She had made the reservations, telling them that it would be her birthday. The young ladies at the check-in desk wished her happy b-day, as did Ramon who seated us and Kristin our waitress. Lynette got a darling Choc. Mouse Mousse dessert with a candle in it and a rendition of the Happy Birthday! song, along with a birthday card personally signed by Mickey and all of the wait staff on duty that day.

As we wandered throughout the park, many of the CMs stopped to wish her Happy Birthday!, give her a hug and even burst into song. At our first souvenir purchase, the CM at the regsiter gave her a permanent Happy Birthday Badge. We had heard that the candy stores give you a little birthday treat, but didn't try that as we were so stuffed from BB's great food!

We ended the day at Ariel's bar, overlooking the lagoon in DCA. The wait staff all wished her happy birthday, as did a number of the fellow drinkers/diners. They really made a big deal over her. We sat and drank something pink and delicious - recommended by our waitress - and watched the sun set and the lights of DCA come on. A perfect ending to a birthday celebration at Disneyland.

So, I think you made a terrific choice of birthday spots! Congrats!

(One thing we could have done but didn't, was to plan a little party at the Plaza.)

The Real Cinderella
04-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Wow, that sounds amazing! Thanks for the info. It sounds like your friend had a beautiful day, and now I'm looking forward to the same. Tell her Happy Birthday for me!

MermaidHair
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Cindy - Have a great B-day at the park! I too have just decided to spend my b-day at DLR this year. I will be reaffirming my inner child since I will be turning the big 4-0.:eek: Of course I will have to wait until September for my trip but that is ok (sings "an-ti-ci-pa-tion"). Also my trip will be all about ME since it will be just me and DH - no kids!

Shootingstaar
04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm celebrating my birthday in wonderful DL too! Except my bday is the 14th and I have to wait till the 29th to go, but I've heard as long as your birthday is relatively near the day you go, you can still get a birthday pin and everything...I don't think they even ask when you go get one? I have never been to Ariel's bar, my bf waits in anticipation all day for us to head over to DCA so he can get a beer, and I don't really care for beer or margaritas so it would be nice to be able to get something else! Is it usually busy? Do you just enter through the restaurant with Ariel on top of the enterance?

disneyland addict13
04-06-2007, 03:38 PM
My birthday is also on the 27th!!! What a coincidence! :) I hope you have a great time in Disneyland on your (our) birthday! I have a friend who also shares my (our) birthday who will be in Disney World for the day.

Rkkm
04-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm celebrating my birthday in wonderful DL too! Except my bday is the 14th and I have to wait till the 29th to go, but I've heard as long as your birthday is relatively near the day you go, you can still get a birthday pin and everything...I don't think they even ask when you go get one? I have never been to Ariel's bar, my bf waits in anticipation all day for us to head over to DCA so he can get a beer, and I don't really care for beer or margaritas so it would be nice to be able to get something else! Is it usually busy? Do you just enter through the restaurant with Ariel on top of the enterance?

When we got Lynette's Birthday Badge sticker, we just burst up to the City Hall counter and asked for it. No id or proof was required or even mentioned.

Ariel's bar - which, I believe, is officially called The Cove Bar - has all kinds of appetizers to eat and drink .. yummy lobster nachos, crab cakes, buffalo wings, bbq chicken pizza, fried calamari and artichoke dip with tortilla chips .. all are displayed behind a little window when you enter the bar.

Many things to drink - alcoholic and not. I had a split of champage and a cup of coffee in addtion to whatever it was that the waitress insisted we try. Lynette had a heavenly thing called Chocolate Cake and people were drinking martinis all over the place. They had a nice by-the-glass wine list of sparklings, reds, desserts and whites. And, of course, soft drinks and tea and coffee.

Here's the menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_cove.htm

Yes, you just walk into the bar... on the bridge or top level .. right past those waiting at the check-in desk for the downstairs restaurant. You just go find your own table or sit at the bar and a very nice wait person hops up and off you go!

Have a terrific time! And report back to us on your Big Day!

The Real Cinderella
04-07-2007, 01:44 AM
My birthday is also on the 27th!!! What a coincidence! :) I hope you have a great time in Disneyland on your (our) birthday! I have a friend who also shares my (our) birthday who will be in Disney World for the day.

That is a coincidence!! Happy Birthday (to us!)!

HobbitFeet
04-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Except my bday is the 14th and I have to wait till the 29th to go, but I've heard as long as your birthday is relatively near the day you go, you can still get a birthday pin and everything...I don't think they even ask when you go get one?

They don't ask you at all. I just told them that I was *celebrating* my birthday, and they were cool with it. I could have been celebrating my half-birthday and I don't think they would mind, they just want people to celebrate! :)