PDA

View Full Version : Military tickets/id?

kimc0486
04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have used the military DL discount tickets and have been asked for ID? I have used the tickets before, I am not in the military, but family is. I am no longer a dependent b/c of my age (21) but still can get tickets from my family members, none of the people going are part of the military--has anyone encountered problems with this? Or do CMs even ask for ID? When I went two years ago I used them and was even with someone who is in the Army, but was not questioned, but now the site says CMs have been asking, has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

hlbtimes2
04-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I went last May with 2 friend that were using military tickets. They were not questioned or asked for ID.

kohl
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
When we go with my parents, hubby always buys them military tickets (we have AP's). We have never been asked for ID.

emilousmom
04-05-2007, 04:19 PM
When we go we have never been asked. But I have heard of people asking. I know my parents would by tickets for others.

On a side note, I was a dependent til 23, was that due to being a fill time student? Then I made the hubs marry me before I turned 23 so I wouldn't lose my benefits,lol.

GL
ang

Katlovett
04-06-2007, 04:49 PM
We were not asked for military ID for our military when we went last September - two 40-somethings, a 22-year-old and two toddlers. I have "heard" of people being asked to show their military ID, but the same way I have "heard" other urban legends like children being kidnapped from stores and taken into the bathroom where their hair was cut and dyed and their clothing was changed so they wouldn't be recognized as the kidnapper left the store with them.... (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/kidnap.asp says this never really happened but we have all "heard" about it.) For what it's worth, the word "military" written on the military ticket is in pretty small letters, and I doubt the CMs working the turnstiles even saw it - they feed the tickets through pretty fast to keep the line moving.

Katprint

lilfaeriebrat
04-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Last month when the whole family went to Disneyland for my grandma's birthday 9 people used military passes and none were asked for ID.

Rkkm
04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Not quite about showing military id .. but ... if you are connected with the military (active, retired or dependent) make sure you are at the flag pole at 4:30 p.m. for the flag lowering ceremony. It is right up there in terms of flouish, dignity and patriotism with any I have ever experienced in 40 years of having a military id card in my wallet! And that includes Marine Corps Birthday ceremonies, change of commands, ship christenings, military funerals, the Iwo Jima Memorial and Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns and Buckingham Palace!

The ceremony is performed with a snap and precision I had only previously seen from well-rehearsed military members. The music is so stirring, the kids waving flags, the active and retirees standing at attention in places of honor (and actually being thanked for their service by a CM as part of the ceremony), the crowd singing .. really is an amazing experience for anyone associated with the military. And really so for the Vietnam vets.