PDA

View Full Version : Nudist resorts near the parks?

Pages : [1] 2

backtonature
04-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok, I know this sounds a bit strange but my husband and I are naturists in Washington state. Is anyone aware of any nudist resorts or at least clothing optional hotels within reasonable distance of the parks? I heard that there is a hotel/motel on Harbor not sure which one (Hojo?) that has two pools- one regular and one clothing optional. Being on the resort transit would be a big plus but we can rent a car if need be.

Also, what is the weather like in early November? We have our tripped planned for the first week of that month. After a exhausting day at the parks we enjoy shedding our attire for relaxation around the pool but don't want to freeze our you know what off.

Any help would be appreciated.. :) :)

Another Dimension
04-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Not sure about hotels or resorts very close to the DLR... but Blacks Beach down in San Onofre is a nude beach.
I have no idea if there are like hotels or resorts nearby though.
Maybe some of the Blacks Beach patrons would know... :)

simnia
04-04-2007, 09:01 PM
The weather in early November is absolutely beautiful, and is personally my favorite time of year in Anaheim. Nights are a little chilly, relative to Southern California, but a single sweater is usually sufficient even then, and if I'm active I don't even wear a sweater at night at Disneyland in November. That's assuming you have your clothes on, though. I'm also pro-naturist, but I don't know what facilities are around Anaheim. I'm surprised to hear that HoJos has any such facilities, and both the pools at HoJos across from Disneyland are outdoor pools visible from the hotel rooms, so those can't be the ones you heard about.

P.S.--One large, longstanding, well-known naturist resort is in a remote canyon in the L.A. area, but I don't know if you'd call 20-30 miles "close." I forgot the name, though.

Bytebear
04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
San Onofre State beach and Blacks Beach are two different clothing optional beaches. San Onofre is closer than Blacks, and about 30-45 minutes south on the 5 freeway. The hike to the beach is not difficult (unlike Blacks). If you need more specifics feel free to contact me.

adriennek
04-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Neither of the Hojo's pools is clothing optional. I don't know of any other Harbor property that has two pools. I'd be, frankly, very surprised if any hotel in Anaheim, especially near DLR, had such a pool. This isn't a judgement - it's just a comment.

The nearest resort I know of is about 40 miles away in the Inland Empire, off I-15.

Adrienne

soccerlady16
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Just found out today at work that there is a spa in Koreatown LA area called Olympic Spa(olymipcspala.com) its suppose to be really nice but its women only.

averagedork
04-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Isn't there a nudist colony near Raging Waters? My parents always joked that I would end up living there, that's how come I know about it.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
04-05-2007, 06:23 AM
There are several resorts in the Inland Empire, which are actual resorts as opposed to day beaches. No idea how the overnight accomodations are though. If you're willing to make a 30 minute drive (give or take), there are at least three of them in that area.

November is unpredictible, you could encounter warm weather still, there's been many a warm, windy Santa Ana for Halloween here.

jcruise86
04-05-2007, 06:24 AM
The McDonald's across the street from Disneyland on Harbor is the only clothing optional Mickey D's in America. There are no signs posted indicating this, but go ahead.
:fez:

The Red Head
04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Not sure about the Anaheim area. But Blacks Beach is in San Diego.

Andrew
04-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Of course the best way to ensure a warm November is to schedule MouseAdventure. Hmm, a clothing-optional MouseAdventure... where would you put your stickers?

The Lovely Mrs. tod
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Of course the best way to ensure a warm November is to schedule MouseAdventure. Hmm, a clothing-optional MouseAdventure... where would you put your stickers?
Same place you carry your wallet?

Mr.Abominable
04-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Do you think that Disney would require us to wear more than two stickers?

adriennek
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Do you think that Disney would require us to wear more than two stickers?

Actually, our current contract with Disney says no stickers.

Hmmmm....

Here's your lanyard!

Adrienne

hefferdude
04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Actually, our current contract with Disney says no stickers.

Hmmmm.... Here's your lanyard!

Thank god it's not a clip on.:eek:

vegasmommytoDL
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Thank god it's not a clip on.:eek:

I almost choked on my lunch when I read that!

Baloo
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
The inland empire has a few and of course you have Palm springs which has many of them. Although i usually only see men in them. I have occasionally seen women though.

04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Hmm, a clothing-optional MouseAdventure...

The world is not ready.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
The inland empire has a few and of course you have Palm springs which has many of them. Although i usually only see men in them. I have occasionally seen women though.
Palm Springs has several family friendly resorts, as well as couples friendly ones as well.

Not exactly an easy commute to DL though.

jcruise86
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh, and of course the top half of the Main Street, double-decker bus is clothing optional between noon and 1 p.m.
:|

dz4dsny
04-06-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.gleneden.com/

adriennek
04-06-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.gleneden.com/

Eh - it's probably closer to 45 minutes. ;) But - if you're visiting on a weekday, it could be much longer with traffic. - You'd have to go through the commuter traffic on both I-15 and the 91 in the morning.

Adrienne

mulansgirl
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
My mom told me about this site when I asked if she knew any nudist resorts near DL, she seems to have misplaced her directory so I cannot help as much as I thought I could. You have to join or get a visitor pass to see most of this site and see the message boards (understandably due to the sensitive nature, not everyone gets it) so I am unsure if it will have what you are looking for but it might be interesting to look into anyway since it is something you seem interested in.
Good luck and my mom has gone to glen eden many times she seems to enjoy it. If you dont mind the drive.
American Association for Nude Recreation:
http://www.aanr.com/

Opus1guy
04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Nudists take all the fun out of being naked.

;)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
My mom told me about this site when I asked if she knew any nudist resorts near DL, she seems to have misplaced her directory so I cannot help as much as I thought I could. You have to join or get a visitor pass to see most of this site and see the message boards (understandably due to the sensitive nature, not everyone gets it) so I am unsure if it will have what you are looking for but it might be interesting to look into anyway since it is something you seem interested in.
Good luck and my mom has gone to glen eden many times she seems to enjoy it. If you dont mind the drive.
American Association for Nude Recreation:
http://www.aanr.com/
Well, no, not really. For locations and general information there's no pass or membership required.
There's a club in Foothill Ranch, which is about 20 minutes or so south of DL off the 5. I'm not at all familiar with it though.

As far as the Inland Empire goes, Olive Dell may not be as spa like as Glen Eden, but it's very family friendly and they take the "optional" in "clothing optional" seriously.