PDA

View Full Version : Which Disneyland tour is the best?

Pages : [1] 2

Stichy626
04-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi all! This is my first post even though I have been reading the message boards daily for months.

Does anyone out there have an opinion on which DL tour is better? A Walk in Walt's Footsteps or a VIP private tour. Money is not a concern since the prices are relatively close. I'll be taking the tour on my 20th trip and just want something new. I hope to learn more about the things I usually take for granted while rushing thru the park.

DangerMouse
04-04-2007, 06:12 PM
The two tours are nowhere close in price if you are booking as an individual. The WiWF Tour is $59 for a 3.5 hour tour, and the VIP tour is $75 per hour with a four hour minimum required. Of course, discounts for APs, AAA and Disney Visa are available.

I've personally only done the Discover the Magic tour, so I can't offer advice on which one is better.

Malcon10t
04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi all! This is my first post even though I have been reading the message boards daily for months.

Does anyone out there have an opinion on which DL tour is better? A Walk in Walt's Footsteps or a VIP private tour. Money is not a concern since the prices are relatively close. I'll be taking the tour on my 20th trip and just want something new. I hope to learn more about the things I usually take for granted while rushing thru the park.The Walk in Wat's Footsteps is probably a better bet. The VIP tour, you need to be able to tell them what you want to learn. Its also a lot harder to book. Out of all the tours, WIWF is my favorite. And just to clarify, the Walk tour is $59 per person (AP discounts $10). You will take the tour with about 8-10 other people. If you are a couple, it would be $118($98 with AP). The VIP tour would be a minimum of $300, but you an invite up to 9 people to join you.

kandyk
04-05-2007, 10:26 AM
The VIP tour is the best. It's only your group and you get to do what you want. The Host's/Hostess' know so much and will take such good care of you. You also get reserved seating for all the shows, fireworks, etc...They will even make priority seating arrangements for you. It's a minimum of $300 but well worth the money.

Stichy626
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank you for the info. I forgot to mention that there will be four of us and we will be upgrading our park-hoppers to a DAP after we use the EE on day 2.

Malcon10t
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Thank you for the info. I forgot to mention that there will be four of us and we will be upgrading our park-hoppers to a DAP after we use the EE on day 2.Then the Walk tour would be $49 each ($196.) The advantage to the VIP tour ($104 more) would be they could set up seating for parade and fireworks for you at the train station. (But the fireworks aren't great there.) If you know what you want, the VIP tour is good. Otherwise, the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is my favorite. (And you get lunch.)

thmar
04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
subscribing...

Malcon10t
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
subscribing...
Huh? I'm seeing a lot of this post, don't get it.

rokketride
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
When you subscribe to a thread, you get email alerts sent to you when there are new posts.

Crazy4Mickey
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
We have done the WIWF tour in the past and really enjoyed it. We are looking to go in Early December and I was thinking it might be nice to try the VIP tour. For those of you who have done the VIP tour what sort of things have you asked for the tour to include?

Malcon10t
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
We have done the WIWF tour in the past and really enjoyed it. We are looking to go in Early December and I was thinking it might be nice to try the VIP tour. For those of you who have done the VIP tour what sort of things have you asked for the tour to include?Last Christmas I asked for a tour that was a combo of the Holiday tour and WIWF tour. I was on a wait list for a tour giude and it didn't end up working out. I called 60 days out and they were already pre booked and got waitlisted.

mulansgirl
04-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Took both, loved both. on the WIWF tour I went with my husband so the price was good I thought the rest of the group was pretty average in size it sounds like. The guide gave great information throught the entire tour always giving a fact or answering questions. When we went we saw the tiki room and they showed us one of the origonal flowers very cool, and we saw the entrance to club 33 they let you take pictures in the lift but warn they will have to tackle you if you try to go up the stairs. There are some great items just in that room and they tell you all about it. Lunch was amazing the food is actually very good. Plus we got a pretty pin.
VIP we had a group of ten so that one made sence for us to take. Our first stop was the lilly belle, After that we wondered around the park asking questions, we went on a few rides. VIP is not a front of the line pass, our guide stood in line with us. He set up fantasmic seating, parade/fireworks seating and lunch at Ariels grotto plus breakfast at storytellers. A great experiance, could have been a little better if I had planned a little better but really I would not change one thing that day. For us it was better that we didnt have anything planned for the tour, it was nice after my very structured clipboard of fun for the rest of the weekend.
Funny thing on both tours people tried to join our group and the tour guide nicely told them these people paid for this experiance it is not fair to try and join the group. I wonder if that happens often?

Malcon10t
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Funny thing on both tours people tried to join our group and the tour guide nicely told them these people paid for this experiance it is not fair to try and join the group. I wonder if that happens often?It has happened everytime to us too. Also, people see the reserved seating, and decide they are going to have a seat regardless. I've seen guides have to bring security over to ask people to leave so the people who paid for the area can sit.

mulansgirl
04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh and there are no discounts on the VIP tour I know I tried all of them. I didnt mean to but I think I slightly annoyed the lady on the phone when I was asking about discounts, I was having a hard time procesing the idea there are discounts on every other tour but this one. I found out why though I guess they go through a diffrent department.

There was a family that jumped in the reserved fireworks area my sister-in-law decided to say something since there was no CM watching, busy night. Then a group of women decided to join and they were kinda loud about how they knew they were not suposed to be there but since the seats were open why not take them. I was kinda glad when the family that was suposed to be sitting in the reserve spot showed up and they had to leave.

Crazy4Mickey
04-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Last Christmas I asked for a tour that was a combo of the Holiday tour and WIWF tour. I was on a wait list for a tour giude and it didn't end up working out. I called 60 days out and they were already pre booked and got waitlisted.

That is an interesting idea. Kind of goes along with what I might want. The one thing when we took the WIWF tour is that we had trouble hearing our guide at times and I know we missed out on some of it. It would be nice to have some of that mixed in with other tidbits about the park in a private tour.

Malcon10t
04-06-2007, 04:06 PM
That is an interesting idea. Kind of goes along with what I might want. The one thing when we took the WIWF tour is that we had trouble hearing our guide at times and I know we missed out on some of it. It would be nice to have some of that mixed in with other tidbits about the park in a private tour.While this doesn't apply to you, you can also arrange for your tour to be given by an ASL interpreter. If someone in your group is hearing impaired, this is great!

yellowrosedtxn
06-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I tried doing a search in here for Disneyland tours. I thought I would like to do some of the tours while we are there at Christmas time and I would like some opinions or reviews on a couple of them.

I have heard great things about the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, so I am definitely going to go to that one.

I was thinking about doing the Discover the Magic Tour (with my family). It seems like it would be fun. Has anyone done this in the past and what did you think?

Then they have the Holiday Tour. Has anyone done this in the past and what did you think?

Thanks in advance!

Malcon10t
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
We've done the Holiday tour a couple times and have really enjoyed it. I would recommend it highly!

bloodnswash
06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
I have done Walt's tour twice and loved it both times.

I have done the Holiday tour twice, also. LOVED it big time the first go around. The second time.....very disappointed with our guide. If that second time had been our first time, well, thank goodness it wasn't. It was just a big waste of money. However, the first time.....it was worth every cent!

I have not done the Discover the Magic tour.

gtpinoy
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I tried doing a search in here for Disneyland tours. I thought I would like to do some of the tours while we are there at Christmas time and I would like some opinions or reviews on a couple of them.

I have heard great things about the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, so I am definitely going to go to that one.

I was thinking about doing the Discover the Magic Tour (with my family). It seems like it would be fun. Has anyone done this in the past and what did you think?

Then they have the Holiday Tour. Has anyone done this in the past and what did you think?

Thanks in advance!

I did the Holiday Tour last year. It's pretty good. You get to jump in the front of the line for the A Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion and Small World Holiday. You also get reserved seating for the Christmas Parade, complete with hot chocolate and treats =)

DangerMouse
06-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Thanks in advance!

We did the DTM tour in January with my three kids, my dh and my mom. It was a fun tour, very much geared toward younger kids (ages 5-12). You are supposed to meet certain characters along the way for your tour and we were a bit disappointed that a majority of the characters during our tour were not available or missing. :( We did get to spontaneously meet up with Woody and Jessie and saw Mickey at the end. It's a treasure hunt of sorts and you get to have lunch at Rancho in DL.

yellowrosedtxn
06-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am going to get with Vacation Planning to set up the tours then. I am so looking forward to them! My one daugher (the almost 12 year old) wants to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour with me. Not sure if anyone else in my family wants to do it, but I am going to do that one!

Chadsgal
06-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Well the only tour we've taken was the imagination to celebration tour durring the 50th. It as great we got to go to the front of the line for: POTC, BTMR & Splash. I am sad they didn't continue this tour in some form after the 50th. We also got reserved seatting for the Fireworks show @ the train station.

So I do recomend tours they are very interesting & fun. If I was going to do another one I would do WIWF.

kohl
06-08-2007, 06:39 AM
We have done all 3. My kids a 9 and 11 now so they were a few years younger for all the tours and they loved all of them! I thought they might get bored with the Christmas Tour or the Walk in Walt's Footsteps, but they love Disneyland so much and love to hear anything about Walt that they really enjoyed them.

mariezp
06-08-2007, 07:16 AM
We did the Christmas Tour last year. It was great. Our tour guide did a fantastic job. She was so good with my 6 year old daughter. We were informed of where some Christmas traditions came from around the world and other tidbits of Disney info. We rode the train, HMH and SW. We received a sample of Christmas fudge, cookies and hot chocolate. We had special seating for the parade. We also got a souvineer mug and a pin. I would definetly recommend it.
This year we are going to try the Discover the Magic Tour. Can't wait!