PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort very crowded 4/4; APs need handstamps

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
It looks like Disneyland is preparing for a possible attendance restriction today. Annual passholders are being told that they need to get a handstamp when they exit Disneyland. This was done over the holidays when they had to start restricting new admission to Disneyland. Here's a link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=64033) to the thread from the holiday season where this was discussed.

AVP

Darkbeer
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Interesting, when I left at 11 AM today (got photos of the Helicopter bringing in the new Pirates Mast for Tom Sawyers Island at 7 AM), they didn't mention needing a handstamp, nor any signage was on the streets, such as "Disneyland was Very Busy" or any other type of usual signage when the park gets crowded when I left. And I specifically drove down Disneyland Drive, Katella, Harbor and Disney Way looking for it (so I could grab a photo if available).

The parks were a bit busy, the lines for the Matterhorn almost merged around 9 AM, the Screamin' line was using the extended queue and had about a 30 minute wait (4 trains) about 10:30 AM.

But it didn't feel like the park was going to reach capacity, IMHO.

vegasmommytoDL
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Why is today so special? It's a Wednesday?!

Darkbeer
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Why is today so special? It's a Wednesday?!

It is the first of two weeks of Peak Easter Break. Traditionally the week before and after Easter Sunday have been very busy, and Disney has extended hours (open to midnight every day) and extended entertainment due to the expected crowds.

Now, each year more and more students shift away from these two weeks to March, but it is still very popular in the South-west region as many students have one or two of these weeks off.

AVP
04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
CMs at the Disneyland exit were announcing that APs needed to obtain a handstamp as of 1:30.

AVP

wenidog
04-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Darkbeer--How do you know when events like the TSI delivery are going to happen? I don't work for Disney...you can tell:)

PanFan
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Darkbeer--How do you know when events like the TSI delivery are going to happen? I don't work for Disney...you can tell:)

I do work for Disney and I don't even know these things! The only indication I had that something was even going on was a sheet of paper out yesterday by the time clock telling everyone that the cast entrance from the Ball lot would be closed from 6:45 for a while. I didn't find out that it was a helicopter until I showed up using the TDA entrance and was told to walk through costuming to get to the park. I didn't find out that it had to do with PLaTSI until I asked a lead. A lot of people had no idea and were held up at the Ball entrance for quite a while.

Darkbeer
04-04-2007, 04:50 PM

I know more than a few senior folks in the company/TDA, and they do keep in touch. I am sorry that sometimes I know more than the front line CM's, who do a great job dealing with the public, but sometimes Disney feels that they don't want the "rank and file" to know what is going on.

And while I don't agree with everything they do, I understand why some folks would get frustrated with "just an AP holder" knowing more than most CM's. I try and make sure that inside the parks that I am "just an AP holder", and a POLITE one at that ;)

AaronInCal
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
They were, in fact, telling people with Annual Passes as of 8am opening, to make sure and get a handstamp when you exit. Just a precaution since I'm sure all the stuff they base their daily attendance estimates on pointed to a very busy day. Although it was cloudy and kind of murky all day, so that may have held the attendance down a bit.

jcruise86
04-05-2007, 06:20 AM
How does Darkbeer know?
How does Tiger Woods hit a golf ball?
How did Lance Armstrong ride a bike?
How did Shakespeare write?

Thank you, Darkbeer. Thanks for using your powers for good, not evil.
:geek:

ssturgeo
04-05-2007, 07:21 AM
We are very grateful for DarkBeer's inside contacts, keeping us updated, and his always spectacular photo's. I always feel "in touch" even those many months between visits, some 2,000 miles away!! THANKS DarkBeer!!!!

adriennek
04-05-2007, 07:34 AM
It looks like Disneyland is preparing for a possible attendance restriction today. Annual passholders are being told that they need to get a handstamp when they exit Disneyland. This was done over the holidays when they had to start restricting new admission to Disneyland. Here's a link (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=64033) to the thread from the holiday season where this was discussed.

But, did a tree fall in Frontierland??? ;)

Interesting, when I left at 11 AM today (got photos of the Helicopter bringing in the new Pirates Mast for Tom Sawyers Island at 7 AM), they didn't mention needing a handstamp.

They were, in fact, telling people with Annual Passes as of 8am opening, to make sure and get a handstamp when you exit.

Maybe they need a new sign that they can put out on a sandwich board or something?

But there will always probably be people who don't see the sign and don't hear the announcement. Not to suggest that Darkbeer wasn't paying attention but that among the general population there are always people that miss it.

Adrienne

evrythngwmn
04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Maybe they need a new sign that they can put out on a sandwich board or something?

But there will always probably be people who don't see the sign and don't hear the announcement. Not to suggest that Darkbeer wasn't paying attention but that among the general population there are always people that miss it.

Adrienne

And there will also always be slacker CMs. Perhaps Darkbeer just got one of those at the turnstile.

disney jones
04-05-2007, 07:43 AM
its's Darkbeer's hard work and being there (almost) every day that counts, more than knowing contacts, when/where, etc.

not only is he on a mission at the parks almost daily, the time he takes to upload pics after he gets home and inform also is a lot of work!

thanks DB!

disney jones
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
But, did a tree fall in Frontierland??? no. you are thinking of Tarzan's crib in Adventureland.
:D

Park Freak
04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
How does Darkbeer know?

Thank you, Darkbeer. Thanks for using your powers for good, not evil.
:geek:

I love it!!!!
Add my thanks to Darkbeer too!!!!

adriennek
04-05-2007, 07:48 AM
no. you are thinking of Tarzan's crib in Adventureland.
:D

No, I'm thinking of the tree falling in Frontierland and AVP was the only one close enough to the park to get there and get pictures. The pictures got up and the local media picked it up via MousePlanet's coverage.

;)

Adrienne

disney jones
04-05-2007, 07:52 AM
CMs at the Disneyland exit were announcing that APs needed to obtain a handstamp ......mis hijas siempre obtienen un sello de mano - :rolleyes: they thinks its cool, even though they know they don't need it.

yohomama212
04-05-2007, 07:55 AM
I am constanly amazed by DB's photos and his ability to elude me! I get to the park in the AM with the kiddos and I look around all day thinking eventually I'll see him. Then I reason that he must not have been there that day and when I get home I find that he was and has posted pics of half the places I've been! Grr! I keep looking for a face, then I see how many pictures he's taken and I think I need to start looking for the camera instead! How do you do it?!? The other thought I always have is to find out if I could hire DB to follow my family around sometime to record our visits. All the pics I have are character shots and I feel like I'm missing an opportunity to record other special memories!

Thanks so much DB for all you do!

Liz :cool:

hefferdude
04-05-2007, 11:09 AM
How does Darkbeer know?

With a club.
Upright and forward.
With his hand.

The Shadow knows.....

Thanks, DB for all the great stuff you do.:)

Bytebear
04-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Why do APs need to get handstamps? When they scan my card, it does a "briiiing" if it is my first gate entry, and "coo-coo" if I am a return guest. So why the handstamp, other than to discourage you not to leave the park?

emmah
04-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Why do APs need to get handstamps? When they scan my card, it does a "briiiing" if it is my first gate entry, and "coo-coo" if I am a return guest. So why the handstamp, other than to discourage you not to leave the park?

it's not about the ticket, its about you! you need a handstamp so that they know you are not sharing your ticket with someone else - without the handstamp you could leave the park and give your ticket to a friend to use that day which is not allowed.

Malcon10t
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
The AP registers or "coo coos" you have been at either ONE of the parks. This started last veterans day. When the park was closed to only reentries, APs would go to DCA to enter, walk out and enter Disneyland as a reentry. They figured it out and now to show which park you have been at, you need a handstamp on heavy days.

Malcon10t
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
it's not about the ticket, its about you! you need a handstamp so that they know you are not sharing your ticket with someone else - without the handstamp you could leave the park and give your ticket to a friend to use that day which is not allowed.Hi Emmah,

APs have pics on them, so we can't really share.

DangerMouse
04-05-2007, 03:57 PM
The AP registers or "coo coos" you have been at either ONE of the parks. This started last veterans day. When the park was closed to only reentries, APs would go to DCA to enter, walk out and enter Disneyland as a reentry. They figured it out and now to show which park you have been at, you need a handstamp on heavy days.

I'm sorry, I'm confused . . . Doesn't both DCA and DL have the same handstamp on the same days? I guess I've never really noticed if they are different. :confused: