PDA

View Full Version : Super Shuttle

cillydznygirl
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Has anyone taken the "Super Shuttle" from the Orange County Airport?

JadaB
04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi cillydsgirl,

We have taken the Super Shuttle from Orange County airport a couple of times. It was relatively easy, we had these print out voucher type things in our vacation package and gave it to the person working the SS booth and got in..I think at the most we may have had to wait about 10 minutes for a couple more people, and took about 15, 20 minutes to get to our hotel across from Disneyland, that time frame including dropping off a couple of other families on the same street.

I hope that answers some questions for you, or at least helped :D

cillydznygirl
04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
JadaB,

That helped alot. Thank you very much. We are staying at the DH so were planning on just taking the Disneyland Express. Except at the time our flight comes in. The DLE is only running every hour. So we would end up waiting about 45 minutes. I was just trying to save a little time. And I was under the impression the Super Shuttle picked you up right away. Do you happen to remember the order of stops? I am just thinking if the DH is one of the last stops. It might just be better to do the DLE. What are your thoughts?

wenderella
04-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Just a quick FYI. If you have a AAA card, you can book online, pay for it, and get a discount. I believe that I've just used the Super Shuttle web site to do this. I think it's www.bluevan.com. I do it every time we have to travel from LAX to DLR. It works out great.

cillydznygirl
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Cool!! We do have AAA. I will check it out. Thanks again.

JadaB
04-04-2007, 12:02 PM
You know I am not quite sure the order of how they drop off guests. We never stopped at the DLH on our way to our hotel the two times we took SS, so if there were guests staying there, I'm assuming maybe they did drop them off last. I don't know if this helps but at the end of our trip, our last hotel stop back to the airport was to pick up a family at the DLH.

I'm sorry I couldn't be anymore help and I'm not sure if anyone at Super Shuttle would give you a straight answer either on how the order works ;)

I hope you have a great trip!

acpalmer
04-04-2007, 12:06 PM
I think the order of stops just really depends on who is in the van and what hotels they are staying at. When I took it in mid-March for a conference, I was at the Fairfield and was the first dropped off after we left the airport. I have no idea where everyone else was staying. When I returned to the airport, I was staying at the Hilton (had to switch hotels mid-trip, long story) and I was the first one picked up, so we made many other stops before getting to the airport. When I went out with the family a week ago, we were at the Grand Californian and we were the first drop-off after the airport and were the second of four pick-ups on the way to the airport.

I don't think there is really a set order, but maybe there is, who knows?

hlbtimes2
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I think they drop off in the order that makes the most sense to them at the time. Its not like the express bus, with a route to follow. Just depends on where everyone is headed.

We've used them a few times and have always been happy with the service.

Darkbeer
04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I think they drop off in the order that makes the most sense to them at the time. Its not like the express bus, with a route to follow. Just depends on where everyone is headed.

We've used them a few times and have always been happy with the service.

It also seems like the prefer to drop of the locals first, so if one or two persons/families are being picked up at the airport, they tend to be dropped off at their homes before heading to the hotels.

For example, taking the shuttle from John Wayne (aka Orange County/SNA) and locals ask to be dropped of in Tustin, Santa Ana, Garden Grove, etc. These towns are on the way to Anaheim, and the driver will keeping loading the van until full. Then since it is "on the way", they will get off the freeway and go thru neighborhoods to drop off the locals before getting to Disneyland. This is great for the locals, but frustrating for the folks wanting to get to Disneyland or Knott's.

This is one reason I recommend and prefer the Disneyland Express Airport Bus. The seating is much more comfortable, seats similar to Airline seats with armrests, maximum of two person per row, instead of being squeezed onto a bench seat, and a restroom in the back, just in case you need it. Add that to a prescheduled route and not dropping off folks at their homes, plus a lower cost is why I prefer the Airport Bus. Also, when I have used a shuttle van, I have sat and waited for 15 minutes for more customers, then the driver drives around the entire airport a second time looking for more passengers and the multiple locations they are allowed to pick up customers. I rather sit in the airport and grab a bite to eat and/or drink and know that if the bus leaves at Noon, it will load up and dispatch straight to their first stop (in this case the Disneyland Hotel) on time and non-stop, and that I just need to show up a few minutes early.

cillydznygirl
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Do I get tickets for the Disneyland Express online? Or do I get them through the DH?

Darkbeer
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Here is a link to the Disneyland Express Airport Bus, and the schedule, plus a $3 off Coupon....

http://anaheimsightseeing.com/anaheimairport/

You can just pay when you get off the bus at the Disneyland Hotel for the round trip, no need to pay in advance.....

TiggerRPh
04-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Has anyone taken the "Super Shuttle" from the Orange County Airport?

Yes we have....and I'd spend the extra money and get a dedicated van. I thought that they did a decent job.