PDA

View Full Version : Weather update for packing please!

mask41
04-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I am hoping some of you locals can help with the task of packing for the family - we leave this weekend - yeah!!! The forecast on msn.com gives the forecast of cloudy and 70 for the next few days, weatherchannel.com says low 70's until you reach a couple days out and then they update for more mid to upper 70's. Basically I am wondering if we can count on shorts and t-shirts for daytime and just pack couple pair of pants that we can wear in the evenings with ls shirts and light jackets, or do we need long pants for everyday too?
Thanks for any weather input - I need to get packin':D
-Amy

june1st1997
04-04-2007, 07:53 AM
I think it all depends where you are from. It has been warm in the afternoons lately. My husband a New Yorker would probably wear shorts. I would do capris and layer the shirts... I am a california native.

My humble opinion would be shorts and layers on top. You can always throw stuff in a locker.

Have a great trip!!!

bassett1976
04-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Mrs. Bassett here. I am also a Southern California native. I would also be aware that the evenings and early mornings have tended to be a bit foggy and cool- sometimes fairly cold in the evenings (if you are planning to stay late into the evening). Layers always good.

Malcon10t
04-04-2007, 08:00 AM
My group would be in shorts and layers with sweatshirts. Its 60 degrees at 9am and will warm thru the day.

mask41
04-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Okay, this may be a totally neurotic question, but I am debating between the boys fleece zip up hooded jackets (fairly warm) or lightweight cotton zip up hooded jackets - ho, hum cotton or fleece - if anyone has any advice pertaining to which jackets, let's hear them!!
-Amy

june1st1997
04-04-2007, 08:11 AM
My humble new mom opinion is... More light weight layers the better. Boys who may be running around might get a bit sweaty...

But I am a new mom, I have no on the job experience...yet! :)

Malcon10t
04-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Okay, this may be a totally neurotic question, but I am debating between the boys fleece zip up hooded jackets (fairly warm) or lightweight cotton zip up hooded jackets - ho, hum cotton or fleece - if anyone has any advice pertaining to which jackets, let's hear them!!
-AmyMy kids have always refused to wear jackets. It will be 30 degrees out and they will be in their hoodies. (Not zip ups, pull overs...) I would go light weight. An example og my kids layering... This is heavier cold weather though. Thermal, tee shirt, lightweight long sleeve shirt, hoodie. On days like today, skip the thermal.