PDA

View Full Version : 5 year anniversary

Duchess mermaid
04-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Me and my husband will be celebrating our five year anniversary next spring (2008).

I was thinking of going to WDW. But i'm scared i wont like it as much as DL. I do want the experiance. but i love DL SOoooooooo very much.

The hotels at WDW look better. I like the look of them anyway.

whats your opinion? should we try out WDW, or stick to what we love?

DisneylandForever
04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Go to WDW.

As my username clearly indicates, I am a DL boy. Was born and raised in New Orleans Square. Because of that, I sort of scoffed at the idea of going to "the other park(s)." But I finally went in '05, and man is it cool!

It doesn't possess the same magic as DL. You can see that the MK is just a bigger version of DL, and that Epcot isn't anything close to what it was supposed to be. But the place is huge. You are ensconsed in Disney! No ihops or 7/11s to pass on your way into the park (if you stay on property of course). More rides. More shows. Two water parks. And, the best part, hints of old school Disney: Carousel of Progress, the Country Bears and Peoplemover to name a few.

Plus there are some really romantic resorts! Check out the Polynesian or the Port Orleans Riverside. Either place would be great to spend an anniversary at, IMO.

I could go on and on. There are plenty of reasons to go check out WDW. And worst case scenario, you don't like it. But at least you'll know! That's what I told myself in Sep of '05. And I've gone pretty much every 6 months since. :p

Whatever you decide, have a great trip/anniversary!

Duchess mermaid
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM
thanks, Port Orleans Riverside is where i was looking at to stay. I should try something new! i better hurry... i only have over a year to plan this trip!

wabby1
04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I recently asked my boss the same question. I love D/L, but have always been curious about WDW. I've had friends who say that D/L is just as good....and that you need a lot of time if you want to go to WDW. My boss told me to definitely take it in because it was as he says, "Disneyland on sterroids."

DisneylandForever
04-03-2007, 03:20 PM
thanks, Port Orleans Riverside is where i was looking at to stay. I should try something new! i better hurry... i only have over a year to plan this trip!

You can make dining reservations 6 months in advance. You should definitely get the Disney Dining Plan. There are so many great places to eat!

You're going to have a great time (if you go that is). So many romantic spots in WDW, too.

And yes, if you go I would recommend about 7 days if you can. You can do it all in less, but you'll want to relax and take your time I'm sure.

Duchess mermaid
04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
A week (at the park) is exactly the time frame we are looking at. I'm really excited.

Is it more crowded than DL? are the wait times on average longer?

DisneylandForever
04-03-2007, 03:55 PM
From my experience, the crowds aren't as bad. But to be honest with you that could just be because when a park does get too crowded for me, I hop to another.

WDW has several seasons. The key is to go during value or even regular season to avoid the crowds. Here is the chart (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/seasonalityChart) for '07. Since you mentioned Spring, I would recommend late April/early May (to avoid Spring Break). March is awesome weather-wise, but crowded.

The longest line I've seen in the FastPass era in DL was for Space Mountain, at 2 hours standby. In WDW, 75 minutes for Soarin'. WDW has plenty of FastPass rides/attractions, so having all that DL knowledge will come in handy.

jdee
04-03-2007, 08:51 PM
You should go, you will enjoy it! It's the same but different. If I remember correctly the property is 32 square miles about the size of Anaheim. I have been there maybe five times and have enjoyed it everytime and then it's nice to come back to the good old DL.

Bumbershoot
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
WDW is really awesome! I've been there many times and it's a different experience but amazing. Just don't go there expecting it to be the same as Disneyland because it's not the exact same.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-04-2007, 06:22 AM
WDW is a super resort! It isn't the original, but I think you will find it wonderful and romantic and fantastic. There are just so many things to do in and outside the parks. Boat rentals at the resorts and DTD, carriage rides, fantastic dining at EPCOT. We only had 5 1/2 days and should have extended the trip for two more.

I have only been once and we stayed at the Beach Club, gotta tell you for a anniversary trip I would recommend it. Great pool, nice atmosphere, walking distance to EPCOT's back gate (which ended up being our favorite park), easy access to the Boardwalk restuarants and the resort buses were never crowded.

danyoung
04-04-2007, 06:42 AM
The only negative comparison that some people make is that the Magic Kingdom isn't nearly as spectacular as DL, and to an extent that's true. But there are still many fun things to do in the MK, not the least of which is riding a PeopleMover or seeing the Carousel of Progress once again! And even outside of the parks, you could spend a couple of days just touring the hotels and eating in the incredible restaurants. To say nothing about having FOUR parks to choose from instead of 1 1/2.

I live in Dallas, grew up in SoCal, love DL as one of my favorite places on the planet, and still enjoy getting to WDW at least once or twice a year. Absolutely go for it!