PDA

View Full Version : Arrival time question -please help

drivingtodisney
04-03-2007, 12:20 PM
We will be taking our second trip to disneyland apr 16-18. I am staying at tropicana inn and using ridemax and I want to follow the advice to get there early. Now I am confused about rope drop and early entry. The park opens at 9am. Since Monday and Tuesday are EE days, when should I arive at the front gates? Can I get into Main Street at 8:30 on EE days? Oh, and we will be using EE on Tues only, how early should we line up out front that day? Thanks for any advice.

emmah
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
if the park is opening at 9am, then early entry will be at 8am - you go to a sidegate and they'll let you straight through. people will start arriving around 7.30am for EE so if you want to get in and ride peter pan etc before there is a queue, i would join the throngs at the EE gate no later than 7.45am.

There isn't a rope drop on EE days because EE people would have trouble getting through if general admission people were filling up main street. but on non-EE days the gates open half an hour prior to rope drop - so if its a 9am opening day when there is NO EE, the gates will open at 8.30 and rope drop will be at the end of main street at 9am.

drivingtodisney
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I am also wondering how much time we should plan for bag check. I seem to remember the lines for that being long last year. I am probably overplanning, but I don't want to miss out on any morning fun, or get there way too early and wait around.

emmah
04-03-2007, 09:35 PM
at that hour of the morning you should be able to walk straight through - ie about 30 seconds. but maybe allow ten minutes just in case ....

drivingtodisney
04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh good, that alone almost makes it worth getting up earlier.