PDA

View Full Version : Where are the two Matterhorn lines?

peng
04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Will they likely be operating both during EE?

RStar
04-02-2007, 09:22 PM
The two lines wrap around the mountain from oposing sides. They meet at the turnstile (where you use to give up the "E" ticket, and then continue to the loading area. So if you want the left track, start on the castle/Small World side. If you want the right track, start on th lagoon/Autopia side.

I don't know if they run both sides during EE. But if you check at the loading area, you should be able to tell.

potzbie
04-02-2007, 10:53 PM
I wanted to add, just in case peng did not know, that the two lines do NOT "merge" -- they lead to entrances for two separate tracks.

I have noticed a difference in quality-of-ride, if not quantity-of-ride, between the two tracks.

peng
04-03-2007, 04:53 AM
what is the difference? do you have a preference?

ssturgeo
04-03-2007, 05:57 AM
This is what I have read in a couple of different places...no idea if it is true or not...both sides seem fast and rough to me!!!!! :>)...and both sides FUN!!

Tomorrow Land side is the roughest and fastest… and usually has the shortest line
Fantasy Land side is the smoothest and longer ride

DangerMouse
04-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Here's a link to a video where you can watch both sides at the same time.

I personally like the FL side better. It is a bit less jerky on my sore neck!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfHEeYEXhHs

vegasmommytoDL
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Here's a link to a video where you can watch both sides at the same time.

I personally like the FL side better. It is a bit less jerky on my sore neck!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cfHEeYEXhHs

Thanks for sharing, I never saw that video it was really neat!

kranders
04-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Also, During EE this ride is practically a walk on. No long lines!!:)

jeffthechef
04-03-2007, 08:07 AM
what is the difference? do you have a preference?

The left track is faster, while the right track is a slightly longer ride:D

danyoung
04-03-2007, 09:04 AM
The Tomorrowland side has a section where the track takes a sharp dip and a turn to go under the other track. It's really a harsh motion, but other than that the two seem pretty much the same to me. I think you get a better view of the Wells Expedition crystals from the Fantasyland side.

mask41
04-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm assuming the TL queue is the right queue? I thought the right track was slower and less jerky - is it even though it has the dip and harsh turn? I'm going on with my 5 year olds and senior mom and want it to be smooth and easy as possible! I just watched the YouTube video - it looks pretty tame?
Thanks for any clarifications,
Amy

Malcon10t
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming the TL queue is the right queue? I thought the right track was slower and less jerky - is it even though it has the dip and harsh turn? I'm going on with my 5 year olds and senior mom and want it to be smooth and easy as possible! I just watched the YouTube video - it looks pretty tame?
Thanks for any clarifications,
AmyThe Tomorrowland track (at the back of teh mountain, turn right into the queue, left is Fantasyland side) is rougher. If you are standing in front of the mountain looking at it, the queue to the left is tomorrowland, the one to the right is Fantasyland.

DangerMouse
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
"Front of the mountain" and "back of the mountain" is hard to picture for some.

If you are standing in the hub, looking at the Matterhorn, veer to the left for the FL side or veer to the right for the TL side.

If you are standing where the ques go through the turnstiles, looking at the loading area, the left side is the TL side, and the right side is the FL side.

Bytebear
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Although it doesnt affect EE, they do sometimes close the FL line (for parades), and have one line on the TL side. Then when you get to the turnstyles, you can choose to go left or right. I wish they would just get rid of the FL line altogether and just use the TL line. It would make things much simpler. This line goes very fast, and even if you are wrapped around the mountain, you will not wait more than 40 minutes (unless one side has broken down).

tod
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Try to avoid "right" and "left" when talking about the two Matterhorn lines.

These always work: Alice side/Submarine side Fantasyland side/Tomorrowland side West side/East side

--t
against ambiguity

mariad26
04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
We always go for the fantasy land side...much smoother

danyoung
04-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Try to avoid "right" and "left" when talking about the two Matterhorn lines.

These always work: Alice side/Submarine side Fantasyland side/Tomorrowland side West side/East side

Umm, you almost had it there, Tod. If I'm not mistaken, the queues for the Matterhorn are on the east side of the mountain. So that would make the Fantasyland side the NORTH queue, and the Tomorrowland side the SOUTH queue, wouldn't it? I could be wrong - may need to look at a map.

kranders
04-04-2007, 07:09 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the queues for the Matterhorn are on the east side of the mountain. So that would make the Fantasyland side the NORTH queue, and the Tomorrowland side the SOUTH queue, wouldn't it? I could be wrong - may need to look at a map.

Better pull out that map, Dan!;)
The queues for the Matterhorn are due north with Fantasyland being on the west and tomorrowland on the east.

danyoung
04-04-2007, 09:07 AM
I just looked at it on Google Earth, and you are correct, kranders & Tod - my bad. Guess my in-park perception is a bit off from reality!