PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island pics in today's update - speculation

olegc
04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
So it seems a lot of formal platform construction is going on in the northeast corner of the Island. And with a pseudo stage/platform area being set up across the waterway at the Idian village I started thinking about what could go in. I already did notice the updated fixes going on with the Mine Train tunnel along Big Thunder Trail and then what would it all mean..

1) a second access point to the island? (allow for more guest transitions)
2) a second "show" at the new Village platform?
3) or the most likely - it's all a bunch of cutaways and removal being planned due to the speculated sunken ship or treasure chest (complete with attached skeletons) that could be raised by visitors to the island - so you have to build extra support on that end - and then cut away from the other side of the river to allow for traffic flow...

Thoughts?

AVP
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Thoughts?Apparently it's something used in Fantasmic, and it's just tucked out of the way over there. My bad. :eek:

AVP

olegc
04-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Apparently it's something used in Fantasmic, and it's just tucked out of the way over there. My bad. :eek:

AVP

ok - so that could be the village stuff - but what of all of the construction of the platform on the northeast side? just wondering out loud, er, in public :)

Katlovett
04-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Anyone remember the "Secret Escape Passage" tunnel that used to run from the inside of the fort, underground to the shore? That was a long, long, really fun tunnel. I hope they are digging it out and structurally reinforcing it, so that it can be reopened.

Katprint

SpacedOutCM
04-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Looks like this morning, they placd a mast on the front of the island. It was interesting to see how they brought it in.

Over at mouseinfo, there are some pictures (http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85988)of how it was brought in and where it now stands.