PDA

View Full Version : Does Anaheim still have big ants?

simnia
04-01-2007, 08:21 PM
In 1975 I remember walking along West Street and the Disneyland Hotel and noticing all the unusually large ants around the sidewalks, the kind I'd previously seen only in desert areas like Indio. It occurred to me this week that it's been decades since I've seen any of those big ants anywhere in Anaheim. Has anybody ever seen the ones I'm talking about? Did they eventually get squeezed out of existence in this area?

woody9six
04-01-2007, 09:43 PM
They are still there...and actually Disney has given them there own "Land" In DCA.

Sorry...had to leverage the low hanging fruit.:D

vegasmommytoDL
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
In 1975 I remember walking along West Street and the Disneyland Hotel and noticing all the unusually large ants around the sidewalks

Is it possible that the ants didn't get smaller and that you just got bigger? =) I remember at some point in my teens SWEARING that the Castle used to be larger!

simnia
04-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Is it possible that the ants didn't get smaller and that you just got bigger?

No, I'm familiar with that shrinking phenomenon (our old house shrunk, for example!), but this was definitely a different species of ant that was several times the size of the usual ants you see in Southern California cities. Now the question's going to, uh, bug me until I know.