PDA

View Full Version : Honey I Shrunk the Audience... Muppet Vision 3D... It's Tough To Be A Bug

Pages : [1] 2

kdsmit07
04-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Put them in order from your favorite to least favorite, and a brief explanation why...This could be interesting to see the orders.

Here's Mine...
1) It's Tough to be a bug- Just plain fantastic and wonderfully thought out.
2) Muppet Vision 3D- The fact that characters walk out and act out with the show is really cool, but the effects and atmosphere aren't as good as the ITTBAB IMHO.
3) Honey I Shrunk The Audience- Is it just me, or is it that even if there is hardly anyone in the theater. That one scene where they show the audience is always the same (With the FULL Audience, with no empty seats). It's getting old, or maybe it is supposed to be a one time deal like Star Tours, because it always is his first flight.

I am excited, I leave for Disneyland in 2 days.

Gone2Disneyland
04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
In descending order....

3. Honey I Shrunk the Audience - I don't dislike this attraction. But it ends up third out of the choices.

2. It's Tough To Be a Bug - This pushed the limits of MuppetVision and is great fun to see ... except that is scares my goddaughter and her sister too much. I'll probably have to wait another five or six years before we can see and enjoy it together.

1. MuppetVision 3D - My fave purely for sentimental reasons. I was surprised by the whole interactive experience the first time I saw it in WDW, and seeing it every other time (now in DCA) reminds me of that first time fun. And the preshow is definitely icing on the cake!

oregontraveler
04-02-2007, 04:39 AM
In descending order....

3. Honey I Shrunk the Audience - I don't dislike this attraction. But it ends up third out of the choices.

2. It's Tough To Be a Bug - This pushed the limits of MuppetVision and is great fun to see ... except that is scares my goddaughter and her sister too much. I'll probably have to wait another five or six years before we can see and enjoy it together.

1. MuppetVision 3D - My fave purely for sentimental reasons. I was surprised by the whole interactive experience the first time I saw it in WDW, and seeing it every other time (now in DCA) reminds me of that first time fun. And the preshow is definitely icing on the cake!
------------
same order for me
HISTA is out-dated
ITTBB is OK
Muppets is very sentimental for me

DangerMouse
04-02-2007, 06:27 AM
1. Muppets.
2. Bugs. (Although my children refuse to go on it - it completely freaks them out)
3. HISTA (sooooo old).

RockDoc07
04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't rank them because I haven't seen them all but I agree, if you are a muppets fan, then the preshow is awesome. And if you're a Sam the Eagle fan, well..... hilarity is sure to ensue. I definately liked it A LOT overall.

Since I haven't seen the other 2, I'm going to throw in my vote for CAPTAIN E-O!!

Doc

raediance
04-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Muppet Vision 3D - It's the only one I've seen. I'm sure one of the other ones would have been my favorites if I had watched them, though.
It's Tough to Be A Bug - I loved A Bug's Life. Bad explanation, lol.
Honey I Shrunk the Audience - I don't really like it when its 4D and there is a chance you might get invaded by bugs or anything. x)

houseofmouse
04-02-2007, 09:06 AM
My fav's in order are:
1. Muppet Vision 3-D. Saw in first in WDW in '03 and loved it. The pre-show is great, the characters in the theater that walk around are great and the storyline to me never gets old. :)

2. It's tough to be a bug. That is big fun! We love Hopper!! I just don't like getting sprayed with water and smelly air. :)

3. HISTA- saw it first in WDW too I liked it but it is not a must do each time we visit Disneyland. I think they should think about adding a new show there!! I love Mickeys Philharmagic in WDW(can I say that here?) something new like that would be fun!!:)

raediance
04-02-2007, 09:14 AM
My fav's in order are:
1. Muppet Vision 3-D. Saw in first in WDW in '03 and loved it. The pre-show is great, the characters in the theater that walk around are great and the storyline to me never gets old. :)

2. It's tough to be a bug. That is big fun! We love Hopper!! I just don't like getting sprayed with water and smelly air. :)

3. HISTA- saw it first in WDW too I liked it but it is not a must do each time we visit Disneyland. I think they should think about adding a new show there!! I love Mickeys Philharmagic in WDW(can I say that here?) something new like that would be fun!!:)
yess!! something new. Honey....Audience has been there for as long as I can remember, I think.

itig
04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Wow, I am really out of step with everyone else so far...

1) Bugs - I love it -- too scary for my kids. Had to make a quick exit at the spider drop.

2) HISTA - It's only second because of my #3. Don't love it - new show would be good.

3) Muppets - I saw this once, quite awhile ago and hated it - have not gone back. All I remember was that it was VERY loud and it seemed like they didn't know how to end the story so they blew everything up and created chaos. TA-DA!!! The end!

cstephens
04-02-2007, 05:00 PM
1. Muppetvision - It's just so much fun, and I love being able to watch the two puppets in the balcony whose names I forget.

2. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience - I've only seen it once so that's why it's in second place. But I didn't find it that interesting and with the mice effect and the snake I refused to look at, I've had no desire to see it again.

3. Tough to Be A Bug - Never seen it. No desire to.

But if we're talking favorite 3D attractions, then Philharmagic zooms to the top of the list, even though there are things about it I don't like.

IdahoMike
04-02-2007, 05:14 PM
1.) MuppetVision: Love Statler & Waldorf, Swedish Chef helming the projector, and I've always loved Muppet humor
2.) It's Tough to be a Bug: Good show, but a bit frightening for the younger crowd. I love when you get "stung" in the back.
3.) Honey, I Shrunk the Audience: It isn't bad, but it just doesn't interest me more than 1 time. Time for a replacement

danyoung
04-03-2007, 09:20 AM
In descending order....

OK, this is a complete derailment here. Is it descending when you count from 3 to 1? Or is is ascending? Your value is increasing, so that would indicate ascending. But the numbers are decreasing. Hmmmm. It's kinda like when you turn down the air conditioner, are you making the room colder or warmer?

Sorry, back to the topic -

3 - HISTA. Great show, but I've seen it a few too many times on both coasts.

2 - Muppetvision. Same problem as above.

1 - Bug. Great show, great effects. Too bad is really does scare the little ones, though.

Gone2Disneyland
04-03-2007, 09:46 AM
^Doh!!! You're absolutely right. :p Apologies for my bad grammar.

danyoung
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I wasn't really saying you were wrong - your post sparked a philosophical discussion with my coworker, which is always cool!

TiggerRPh
04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
In decending order...really no contest....

1. Muppet Vision 3-D...by far the most entertaining and amusing of the three and you can't go wrong with the pre-show.
2. Tough to be a Bug...Great AA's...but too scary for many kids. Therefore...we skip it.
3. HISTA...good but old and needs to be replaced.

nojarama
04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
1. Muppets. Muppets. Muppets. Need more Muppets!
2. Bugs. The whole "Bug's Land" is fabulous. My nieces & nephew love it all!
3. I never saw HISTA myself. Thought it was a bad idea to begin with. Bring back "Captain EO"! He-He!

Regardsarama,

Jon

Pirate Princess
04-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Muppets is the greatest... classic, timeless, both adult and child humor. Very great use of the 4-D which makes it more than just "watching a movie" at Disneyland.

Bugs is second fav... a little freaky for my tastes BUT well done (which is why I am so freaked out)

HISTA... besides having a thing against Rick Moranis (a complete jerk IMO) the show is stale. The "4-D" effects are outshined by the other two movies, the movie is too dated (to be fair cartoons and puppets tend to be more timeless than live actors from the early 90's), and too cheesy.. and not in a good way.

The old man
04-04-2007, 08:11 AM
In descending order....

I think that's ascending order.
Sorry I just looked up and noted that someone pointed this out.

Bassman531
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I apparently am not in the norm on this. I kind of thought that I would be though.

My order goes:
3- Muppet Vision 3D, Always gives me a headache because of the bad 3D effects
2- HISTA, This was the very first attraction my wife and I went on on our honeymoon so we always do it. Nothing special, just a good break from the crowds.
1- It's Tough to Be a Bug, I really enjoy this show, I'm wondering if most people don't like it just because it scares their kids. That doesn't really apply to me so I will stick it in the prestigious #1 slot.

itig
04-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey Bassman, you and I are the only ones on this thread with the same order :)

I was just going to write a post stating that I should revisit Muppets and see what all the hype is about...

danyoung
04-04-2007, 02:15 PM
3- Muppet Vision 3D, Always gives me a headache because of the bad 3D effects

What are you referring to as bad 3D effects? I've always thought that the effects were pretty well done. But I do know that everyone's eyes don't respond in the same way to 3D, so I can understand if some of the really in the face stuff would cause pain. Just curious.

Bassman531
04-04-2007, 02:33 PM
What are you referring to as bad 3D effects? I've always thought that the effects were pretty well done. But I do know that everyone's eyes don't respond in the same way to 3D, so I can understand if some of the really in the face stuff would cause pain. Just curious.

I'm not sure why, but the effects always look bad to me and give me a headache. I'm not sure if it's because I wear glasses and it's just akward or if there's something else to it. I've just never had the same problem on the other attractions.

PanFan
04-04-2007, 04:09 PM
1. ITTBAB--LOVE the effects! And I don't have any kids for them to scare (although my grandma was on the floor when the hornets and spiders came).
2. Muppets--It's pretty good. I like Statler and Waldorf, but as was mentioned before, there's not a clear plot and that's always bothered me.
3. HISTA--I really liked it when it came out (sorry--I never saw Captain EO), but it is SO outdated now. The video quality really bugs me. It's always been fuzzy and hard to see details. The 3-D effects are okay, but everything else is a blurry haze to me.

danyoung
04-04-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure why, but the effects always look bad to me and give me a headache. I'm not sure if it's because I wear glasses and it's just akward or if there's something else to it.

Interesting. I know the gags in this show are a little more prominent than the other shows - snakes springing at your eyes, Waldo flying way out from the screen, etc. It all looks good to me, but as I said, all eyes are different. I've got some experience in the 3D world, having worked for a company that did large scale 3D projection. Anybody remember the KISS 3D tour a few years back? That was me! Sorry, I don't get to brag about that very often anymore. . .

jazzysmom
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
1. Muppet Vision is my fav, the muppets have always cracked me up.
2. It's tough to be a bug. Cute show, well done.
3. Honey ISTA, Just seeming out-dated.