PDA

View Full Version : Lunch ending times/Dinner starting times...

disneyshoes
04-01-2007, 05:45 PM
We are planning on celebrating our son's birthday at the Blue Bayou and our Daughters at Ariels Grotto. We want to reserve a lunch time to still have the atmosphere with a lower price :) However- we want to get lunch at the latest time. Does anyone know what time the lunch menus end and dinner begins? Thanks!

vegasmommytoDL
04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
We are planning on celebrating our son's birthday at the Blue Bayou and our Daughters at Ariels Grotto. We want to reserve a lunch time to still have the atmosphere with a lower price :) However- we want to get lunch at the latest time. Does anyone know what time the lunch menus end and dinner begins? Thanks!

Oy. When we went last year I called weeks in advance and made a Lunch reservation for the "latest lunch time possible". We had reservations for 4:40 PM and when we got there and checked in it was the Dinner menu and they wouldn't let us order Lunch. When I made the reservation I confirmed twice it was for Lunch. I was so mad! So.... I can't tell you for sure but it has to be before 4:40 PM!

disneyshoes
04-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks- that is exactly what I was worried about :( I will try for 4:00!

yellowrosedtxn
04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I would go with 3:00. I know I made the "latest" lunch reservation I could for the 18th of May and they made mine at 3:00. I would try somewhere between 3:00 and 4:00.

disneyshoes
04-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Ok- just want to be safe- going with 3:00!
Thanks!

Malcon10t
04-02-2007, 10:26 AM
One thing we found with Blue Bayou is depending on the day, sometimes they only offer dinner. Someone has said that often on Sundays they often only serve dinner. I know Christmas and NYE it was only dinner all day.

disneyshoes
04-02-2007, 10:39 AM
One thing we found with Blue Bayou is depending on the day, sometimes they only offer dinner. Someone has said that often on Sundays they often only serve dinner. I know Christmas and NYE it was only dinner all day.

Ohhhhh- thanks for that- we were planning that one on the 4th of July:eek: So- being a holiday it might be only dinner Do you think the reservationist would know the answer to that? Can you call the blue bayou directly? Thanks for the help.

Malcon10t
04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Ohhhhh- thanks for that- we were planning that one on the 4th of July:eek: So- being a holiday it might be only dinner Do you think the reservationist would know the answer to that? Can you call the blue bayou directly? Thanks for the help.
I seriously doubt it. When I called for reservations, I specifically asked and she said "Yes, lunch will be served." I had wanted a Monte Cristo. Got there before they opened to get a waterfront table, only to find out it was Dinner only.

vegasmommytoDL
04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Oy. When we went last year I called weeks in advance and made a Lunch reservation for the "latest lunch time possible". We had reservations for 4:40 PM and when we got there and checked in it was the Dinner menu and they wouldn't let us order Lunch. When I made the reservation I confirmed twice it was for Lunch. I was so mad! So.... I can't tell you for sure but it has to be before 4:40 PM!

We went Saturday, March 4th 2006. Nothing special about that day!

acpalmer
04-03-2007, 11:18 AM
And know that the lunch and dinner prices are the same, it's just that lunch has the Monte Cristo and dinner does not.

Malcon10t
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
And know that the lunch and dinner prices are the same, it's just that lunch has the Monte Cristo and dinner does not.

Also, the lunch appetizers (Crab Cakes) are more expensive than at dinner time.

disneyshoes
04-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow- now I feel silly- prices the same:eek:
Well in that case we will do dinner at the Blue Bayou for the night atmosphere; plus my son would like that better for his party (he is 13).
But, since the Ariel's Grotto is for my 3 year old's party the day might be better for her. At least I am not worrying about different pricing anymore!!!

Does anyone know if the menu changes from lunch/dinner for Ariel's grotto?
I looked and couldn't find anything saying it does but just curious.

Malcon10t
04-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know if the menu changes from lunch/dinner for Ariel's grotto?
I looked and couldn't find anything saying it does but just curious.

Same menu for both.

LUV_U_MICKEY
04-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know how much lunch is at Goofy's Kitchen. We have a ps for April 22 for my sons Birthday. It doesn't matter what the cost is, I know we spent around $100 for 2 adults, 2 kids for dinner, we will go anyway.

Malcon10t
04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Does anyone know how much lunch is at Goofy's Kitchen. We have a ps for April 22 for my sons Birthday. It doesn't matter what the cost is, I know we spent around $100 for 2 adults, 2 kids for dinner, we will go anyway.$27.25 for adults, $14.86 for kids 11 and under. This includes taxes and gratuity. PAP gets 15% off and the rest of the APs, AAA members, and Disney Visa holders get 10%.